has anyone popped open their solo and took a peek inside? or is this one of those things that will either void the warranty, or is just to risky to try?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 2post #16 of 16254/20/11 at 10:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16254/20/11 at 10:52pmQuote:
I'd love to know what the mystery DAC is. Perhaps it's a miniature elf w/ a synthesizer.post #18 of 16254/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:
In the 6moons review they open it up to look, but the chips of interest had all markings removed.post #19 of 16254/20/11 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 16254/21/11 at 6:32am
Solo and Ultrasone... as transportable as it gets
Finding the case was a bit cumbersome. I ended up with a HPRC 2400 B. But I am only using the "inlay". The outer shell (some high quality plastic compound) is way to heavy and to big.
The inlay is protective, stable and light enough.post #21 of 16254/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #22 of 16254/21/11 at 4:53pmpost #23 of 16254/21/11 at 11:45pm
So to sum it up...I saw this setup with JH13/16s (like mine), Audeze LCD2, and Ultrasone Ed8. Now who did tried this with universal iems or other phones? I'd like to know if this will also synthesize to most of the phones, coz I'm rooting for this setup as an all-rounder setup.post #24 of 16254/22/11 at 12:09ampost #25 of 16254/23/11 at 10:32ampost #26 of 16254/24/11 at 11:00am
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!post #27 of 16254/24/11 at 11:19am
Just a thought: why do we need an extra box just to get digital signal out of the idevice? I wonder, with airplay, can the idevice just stream digital to whatever portable dac/amp? For example, the JH-3A box has a DAC and an amp, so if it is airplay compatible, you can keep your unwieldy, large portable rig in your bag and it doesnt hinder the use of your iPhone. Now that would be a huge step up in convenience for portable audio, as well as quality.post #28 of 16254/24/11 at 2:04pm
aamefford, I ordered the short LOD to USB from ALO. It's here: Products > Brand Stores > Cypher Labs > (scroll down to the very bottom of the page, it's 12 USD).
Edited by townes - 4/24/11 at 2:33pmpost #29 of 16254/24/11 at 6:10pmpost #30 of 16254/24/11 at 6:28pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by aamefford
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!
Yeah, that LOD is a good buy because it's compact but still long enough to give some slack to move your iPod around (or to put it on the top of your 3-layer stack with your Solo on the bottom). I'm still thinking of eventually getting the copper LOD, mainly for the durability, but the cheaper one works fine for now.
I spoke with Ken on the phone about various questions I had, and he was both helpful and honest. He said he felt that the copper cable sounds better than the $12 LOD, but it's not as dramatic an improvement as the copper LOD is over the long stock cable that comes with the Solo.
Edited by dj nellie - 4/24/11 at 6:29pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 39 seconds ago
- › Looking For: Shure SE425 clear or Denon C400 54 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 56 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › HDtracks and Apogee Winter Giveaway 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude