has anyone popped open their solo and took a peek inside? or is this one of those things that will either void the warranty, or is just to risky to try?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 2post #16 of 16254/20/11 at 10:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16254/20/11 at 10:52pmQuote:
I'd love to know what the mystery DAC is. Perhaps it's a miniature elf w/ a synthesizer.post #18 of 16254/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:
In the 6moons review they open it up to look, but the chips of interest had all markings removed.post #19 of 16254/20/11 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 16254/21/11 at 6:32am
Solo and Ultrasone... as transportable as it gets
Finding the case was a bit cumbersome. I ended up with a HPRC 2400 B. But I am only using the "inlay". The outer shell (some high quality plastic compound) is way to heavy and to big.
The inlay is protective, stable and light enough.post #21 of 16254/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #22 of 16254/21/11 at 4:53pmpost #23 of 16254/21/11 at 11:45pm
So to sum it up...I saw this setup with JH13/16s (like mine), Audeze LCD2, and Ultrasone Ed8. Now who did tried this with universal iems or other phones? I'd like to know if this will also synthesize to most of the phones, coz I'm rooting for this setup as an all-rounder setup.post #24 of 16254/22/11 at 12:09ampost #25 of 16254/23/11 at 10:32ampost #26 of 16254/24/11 at 11:00am
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!post #27 of 16254/24/11 at 11:19am
Just a thought: why do we need an extra box just to get digital signal out of the idevice? I wonder, with airplay, can the idevice just stream digital to whatever portable dac/amp? For example, the JH-3A box has a DAC and an amp, so if it is airplay compatible, you can keep your unwieldy, large portable rig in your bag and it doesnt hinder the use of your iPhone. Now that would be a huge step up in convenience for portable audio, as well as quality.post #28 of 16254/24/11 at 2:04pm
aamefford, I ordered the short LOD to USB from ALO. It's here: Products > Brand Stores > Cypher Labs > (scroll down to the very bottom of the page, it's 12 USD).
Edited by townes - 4/24/11 at 2:33pmpost #29 of 16254/24/11 at 6:10pmpost #30 of 16254/24/11 at 6:28pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by aamefford
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!
Yeah, that LOD is a good buy because it's compact but still long enough to give some slack to move your iPod around (or to put it on the top of your 3-layer stack with your Solo on the bottom). I'm still thinking of eventually getting the copper LOD, mainly for the durability, but the cheaper one works fine for now.
I spoke with Ken on the phone about various questions I had, and he was both helpful and honest. He said he felt that the copper cable sounds better than the $12 LOD, but it's not as dramatic an improvement as the copper LOD is over the long stock cable that comes with the Solo.
Edited by dj nellie - 4/24/11 at 6:29pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Best DAC/Amp for Sennheiser 650 Headphones ? (Budget: Around 500 $CA) 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones - up to 100€ 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 4 minutes ago
- › Coming soon: HS6 stacking kit for the FiiO X5 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Fun, forgiving headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude