has anyone popped open their solo and took a peek inside? or is this one of those things that will either void the warranty, or is just to risky to try?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 2post #16 of 15444/20/11 at 10:44pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 15444/20/11 at 10:52pmQuote:
I'd love to know what the mystery DAC is. Perhaps it's a miniature elf w/ a synthesizer.post #18 of 15444/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:
In the 6moons review they open it up to look, but the chips of interest had all markings removed.post #19 of 15444/20/11 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 15444/21/11 at 6:32am
Solo and Ultrasone... as transportable as it gets
Finding the case was a bit cumbersome. I ended up with a HPRC 2400 B. But I am only using the "inlay". The outer shell (some high quality plastic compound) is way to heavy and to big.
The inlay is protective, stable and light enough.post #21 of 15444/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #22 of 15444/21/11 at 4:53pmpost #23 of 15444/21/11 at 11:45pm
So to sum it up...I saw this setup with JH13/16s (like mine), Audeze LCD2, and Ultrasone Ed8. Now who did tried this with universal iems or other phones? I'd like to know if this will also synthesize to most of the phones, coz I'm rooting for this setup as an all-rounder setup.post #24 of 15444/22/11 at 12:09ampost #25 of 15444/23/11 at 10:32ampost #26 of 15444/24/11 at 11:00am
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!post #27 of 15444/24/11 at 11:19am
Just a thought: why do we need an extra box just to get digital signal out of the idevice? I wonder, with airplay, can the idevice just stream digital to whatever portable dac/amp? For example, the JH-3A box has a DAC and an amp, so if it is airplay compatible, you can keep your unwieldy, large portable rig in your bag and it doesnt hinder the use of your iPhone. Now that would be a huge step up in convenience for portable audio, as well as quality.post #28 of 15444/24/11 at 2:04pm
aamefford, I ordered the short LOD to USB from ALO. It's here: Products > Brand Stores > Cypher Labs > (scroll down to the very bottom of the page, it's 12 USD).
Edited by townes - 4/24/11 at 2:33pmpost #29 of 15444/24/11 at 6:10pmpost #30 of 15444/24/11 at 6:28pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by aamefford
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!
Yeah, that LOD is a good buy because it's compact but still long enough to give some slack to move your iPod around (or to put it on the top of your 3-layer stack with your Solo on the bottom). I'm still thinking of eventually getting the copper LOD, mainly for the durability, but the cheaper one works fine for now.
I spoke with Ken on the phone about various questions I had, and he was both helpful and honest. He said he felt that the copper cable sounds better than the $12 LOD, but it's not as dramatic an improvement as the copper LOD is over the long stock cable that comes with the Solo.
Edited by dj nellie - 4/24/11 at 6:29pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 6 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 3 minutes ago
- › V-Moda M100 vs Yamaha Pro 500 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi