has anyone popped open their solo and took a peek inside? or is this one of those things that will either void the warranty, or is just to risky to try?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 2post #16 of 16254/20/11 at 10:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16254/20/11 at 10:52pmQuote:
I'd love to know what the mystery DAC is. Perhaps it's a miniature elf w/ a synthesizer.post #18 of 16254/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:
In the 6moons review they open it up to look, but the chips of interest had all markings removed.post #19 of 16254/20/11 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 16254/21/11 at 6:32am
Solo and Ultrasone... as transportable as it gets
Finding the case was a bit cumbersome. I ended up with a HPRC 2400 B. But I am only using the "inlay". The outer shell (some high quality plastic compound) is way to heavy and to big.
The inlay is protective, stable and light enough.post #21 of 16254/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #22 of 16254/21/11 at 4:53pmpost #23 of 16254/21/11 at 11:45pm
So to sum it up...I saw this setup with JH13/16s (like mine), Audeze LCD2, and Ultrasone Ed8. Now who did tried this with universal iems or other phones? I'd like to know if this will also synthesize to most of the phones, coz I'm rooting for this setup as an all-rounder setup.post #24 of 16254/22/11 at 12:09ampost #25 of 16254/23/11 at 10:32ampost #26 of 16254/24/11 at 11:00am
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!post #27 of 16254/24/11 at 11:19am
Just a thought: why do we need an extra box just to get digital signal out of the idevice? I wonder, with airplay, can the idevice just stream digital to whatever portable dac/amp? For example, the JH-3A box has a DAC and an amp, so if it is airplay compatible, you can keep your unwieldy, large portable rig in your bag and it doesnt hinder the use of your iPhone. Now that would be a huge step up in convenience for portable audio, as well as quality.post #28 of 16254/24/11 at 2:04pm
aamefford, I ordered the short LOD to USB from ALO. It's here: Products > Brand Stores > Cypher Labs > (scroll down to the very bottom of the page, it's 12 USD).
Edited by townes - 4/24/11 at 2:33pmpost #29 of 16254/24/11 at 6:10pmpost #30 of 16254/24/11 at 6:28pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by aamefford
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!
Yeah, that LOD is a good buy because it's compact but still long enough to give some slack to move your iPod around (or to put it on the top of your 3-layer stack with your Solo on the bottom). I'm still thinking of eventually getting the copper LOD, mainly for the durability, but the cheaper one works fine for now.
I spoke with Ken on the phone about various questions I had, and he was both helpful and honest. He said he felt that the copper cable sounds better than the $12 LOD, but it's not as dramatic an improvement as the copper LOD is over the long stock cable that comes with the Solo.
Edited by dj nellie - 4/24/11 at 6:29pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 7 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 21 seconds ago
- › How does bass of Audio Technica A900X compare to JVC RX900? 30 seconds ago
- › Ipod Purchase Advice? 30 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Hi! I'm new to this forum. Could I get some much needed advice? 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 cable broken after 4 days (How could this be?!) 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude