has anyone popped open their solo and took a peek inside? or is this one of those things that will either void the warranty, or is just to risky to try?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 2post #16 of 16254/20/11 at 10:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16254/20/11 at 10:52pmQuote:
I'd love to know what the mystery DAC is. Perhaps it's a miniature elf w/ a synthesizer.post #18 of 16254/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:
In the 6moons review they open it up to look, but the chips of interest had all markings removed.post #19 of 16254/20/11 at 11:15pmpost #20 of 16254/21/11 at 6:32am
Solo and Ultrasone... as transportable as it gets
Finding the case was a bit cumbersome. I ended up with a HPRC 2400 B. But I am only using the "inlay". The outer shell (some high quality plastic compound) is way to heavy and to big.
The inlay is protective, stable and light enough.post #21 of 16254/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #22 of 16254/21/11 at 4:53pmpost #23 of 16254/21/11 at 11:45pm
So to sum it up...I saw this setup with JH13/16s (like mine), Audeze LCD2, and Ultrasone Ed8. Now who did tried this with universal iems or other phones? I'd like to know if this will also synthesize to most of the phones, coz I'm rooting for this setup as an all-rounder setup.post #24 of 16254/22/11 at 12:09ampost #25 of 16254/23/11 at 10:32ampost #26 of 16254/24/11 at 11:00am
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!post #27 of 16254/24/11 at 11:19am
Just a thought: why do we need an extra box just to get digital signal out of the idevice? I wonder, with airplay, can the idevice just stream digital to whatever portable dac/amp? For example, the JH-3A box has a DAC and an amp, so if it is airplay compatible, you can keep your unwieldy, large portable rig in your bag and it doesnt hinder the use of your iPhone. Now that would be a huge step up in convenience for portable audio, as well as quality.post #28 of 16254/24/11 at 2:04pm
aamefford, I ordered the short LOD to USB from ALO. It's here: Products > Brand Stores > Cypher Labs > (scroll down to the very bottom of the page, it's 12 USD).
Edited by townes - 4/24/11 at 2:33pmpost #29 of 16254/24/11 at 6:10pmpost #30 of 16254/24/11 at 6:28pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by aamefford
townes, where did you get the short LOD to USB? Ken mentioned it in a phone call, but I do not see it on the ALO website. I really don't see a need to spend $235 for interconnects for this set-up. I would rather use one like yours, and source a small double right angle mini-mini elsewhere. Please let me know. Please anyone else feel free to chime in!
Yeah, that LOD is a good buy because it's compact but still long enough to give some slack to move your iPod around (or to put it on the top of your 3-layer stack with your Solo on the bottom). I'm still thinking of eventually getting the copper LOD, mainly for the durability, but the cheaper one works fine for now.
I spoke with Ken on the phone about various questions I had, and he was both helpful and honest. He said he felt that the copper cable sounds better than the $12 LOD, but it's not as dramatic an improvement as the copper LOD is over the long stock cable that comes with the Solo.
Edited by dj nellie - 4/24/11 at 6:29pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 15 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO? 43 seconds ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus. EML 2A3 Mesh. EML 5U4G. Shipping US or Pickup Chicago. 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob