- 223 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 98post #1456 of 15448/26/13 at 3:08pmOkay.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1457 of 15448/26/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Why is thatpost #1458 of 15448/26/13 at 6:28pmpost #1459 of 15448/27/13 at 3:47amI have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.post #1460 of 15448/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by LFC_SL
I have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.
What's the point your trying to make?post #1461 of 15448/27/13 at 7:57am
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Westone W4R Cable
Toxic Cables Silver Poison USB to LOD
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Mini to Mini
Cypher Labs Algorhythm SOLO (Original)
Ibasso P4 Warbler
RSA SR71-B hiding in the felt bag in the corner
between the ibasso p4 warbler and the sr71-b with the CLAS and the toxic Cables sound phenomenal. Personally i like the wolfson sound vs the AKM thats just me .post #1462 of 15448/27/13 at 9:59ampost #1463 of 15448/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1464 of 15448/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1465 of 15448/27/13 at 1:05pm
AKM is simular to what the hpp1 has in it, obviously not the same dac chip, the original CLAS dac chip is a high end Wolfson Dac chip. wolfson vs akm dac chips alot of people say the wolfson is a more aggressive sound. the newer CLAS has options that obviously the older versions dont have, but if you are using single ended it still sound exceptional.
honestly ive tried ALOT of amps and the Ibasso P4 Warbler is a Amazing amp the power output, the ability to change opamps and buffers, i also have the RSA SR71-B so between the ibasso and blackbird both sound exceptional with the CLAS.post #1466 of 15448/27/13 at 1:08pmpost #1467 of 15448/27/13 at 6:08pmHello. Without using a multi-meter Is there any way to tell if I got the new fixed Solo -R? Mine came with 2 short 30 pin to USB cables and has a much lower output than my original CLAS (Tactical Edition). As for the sound, this is very disappointing. Compared to the original CLAS, my Solo R sounds thin and "digital". I don"t know if its still burning in, but I am quite disappointed. My original CLAS is fuller and more dynamic. Vocals are warm and details are fantastic. This one sounds so recessed that I actually prefer the hp out of my ipod touch 4th.
BTW - my setup consists of an ALO Continental V3 Hifiman HE500 playing FLAC and ALAC through a 32gb ipod tough 4th gen.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 8/27/13 at 6:10pmpost #1468 of 15448/27/13 at 7:13pmpost #1469 of 15448/27/13 at 8:31pmpost #1470 of 15448/27/13 at 8:34pm
Do the new -R CLAS use the AKM chip? It doesn't sound as aggressive to me as the Fostex HP-P1 that uses an AKM chipset. The CLAS -R sounds warmer and fuller but not as aggressive or quite as dynamic. Two different flavors.
Edited by dallan - 8/27/13 at 8:36pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › New guy looking for an RCA switcher 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headstage DAC cable 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi