- 224 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 98post #1456 of 16258/26/13 at 3:08pmOkay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1457 of 16258/26/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Why is thatpost #1458 of 16258/26/13 at 6:28pmpost #1459 of 16258/27/13 at 3:47amI have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.post #1460 of 16258/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by LFC_SL
I have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.
What's the point your trying to make?post #1461 of 16258/27/13 at 7:57am
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Westone W4R Cable
Toxic Cables Silver Poison USB to LOD
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Mini to Mini
Cypher Labs Algorhythm SOLO (Original)
Ibasso P4 Warbler
RSA SR71-B hiding in the felt bag in the corner
between the ibasso p4 warbler and the sr71-b with the CLAS and the toxic Cables sound phenomenal. Personally i like the wolfson sound vs the AKM thats just me .post #1462 of 16258/27/13 at 9:59ampost #1463 of 16258/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1464 of 16258/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1465 of 16258/27/13 at 1:05pm
AKM is simular to what the hpp1 has in it, obviously not the same dac chip, the original CLAS dac chip is a high end Wolfson Dac chip. wolfson vs akm dac chips alot of people say the wolfson is a more aggressive sound. the newer CLAS has options that obviously the older versions dont have, but if you are using single ended it still sound exceptional.
honestly ive tried ALOT of amps and the Ibasso P4 Warbler is a Amazing amp the power output, the ability to change opamps and buffers, i also have the RSA SR71-B so between the ibasso and blackbird both sound exceptional with the CLAS.post #1466 of 16258/27/13 at 1:08pmpost #1467 of 16258/27/13 at 6:08pmHello. Without using a multi-meter Is there any way to tell if I got the new fixed Solo -R? Mine came with 2 short 30 pin to USB cables and has a much lower output than my original CLAS (Tactical Edition). As for the sound, this is very disappointing. Compared to the original CLAS, my Solo R sounds thin and "digital". I don"t know if its still burning in, but I am quite disappointed. My original CLAS is fuller and more dynamic. Vocals are warm and details are fantastic. This one sounds so recessed that I actually prefer the hp out of my ipod touch 4th.
BTW - my setup consists of an ALO Continental V3 Hifiman HE500 playing FLAC and ALAC through a 32gb ipod tough 4th gen.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 8/27/13 at 6:10pmpost #1468 of 16258/27/13 at 7:13pmpost #1469 of 16258/27/13 at 8:31pmpost #1470 of 16258/27/13 at 8:34pm
Do the new -R CLAS use the AKM chip? It doesn't sound as aggressive to me as the Fostex HP-P1 that uses an AKM chipset. The CLAS -R sounds warmer and fuller but not as aggressive or quite as dynamic. Two different flavors.
Edited by dallan - 8/27/13 at 8:36pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 40 seconds ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8 MKII 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Monitor with Hifiman velour pads 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude