- 223 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 98post #1456 of 16258/26/13 at 3:08pmOkay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1457 of 16258/26/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Why is thatpost #1458 of 16258/26/13 at 6:28pmpost #1459 of 16258/27/13 at 3:47amI have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.post #1460 of 16258/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by LFC_SL
I have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.
What's the point your trying to make?post #1461 of 16258/27/13 at 7:57am
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Westone W4R Cable
Toxic Cables Silver Poison USB to LOD
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Mini to Mini
Cypher Labs Algorhythm SOLO (Original)
Ibasso P4 Warbler
RSA SR71-B hiding in the felt bag in the corner
between the ibasso p4 warbler and the sr71-b with the CLAS and the toxic Cables sound phenomenal. Personally i like the wolfson sound vs the AKM thats just me .post #1462 of 16258/27/13 at 9:59ampost #1463 of 16258/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1464 of 16258/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1465 of 16258/27/13 at 1:05pm
AKM is simular to what the hpp1 has in it, obviously not the same dac chip, the original CLAS dac chip is a high end Wolfson Dac chip. wolfson vs akm dac chips alot of people say the wolfson is a more aggressive sound. the newer CLAS has options that obviously the older versions dont have, but if you are using single ended it still sound exceptional.
honestly ive tried ALOT of amps and the Ibasso P4 Warbler is a Amazing amp the power output, the ability to change opamps and buffers, i also have the RSA SR71-B so between the ibasso and blackbird both sound exceptional with the CLAS.post #1466 of 16258/27/13 at 1:08pmpost #1467 of 16258/27/13 at 6:08pmHello. Without using a multi-meter Is there any way to tell if I got the new fixed Solo -R? Mine came with 2 short 30 pin to USB cables and has a much lower output than my original CLAS (Tactical Edition). As for the sound, this is very disappointing. Compared to the original CLAS, my Solo R sounds thin and "digital". I don"t know if its still burning in, but I am quite disappointed. My original CLAS is fuller and more dynamic. Vocals are warm and details are fantastic. This one sounds so recessed that I actually prefer the hp out of my ipod touch 4th.
BTW - my setup consists of an ALO Continental V3 Hifiman HE500 playing FLAC and ALAC through a 32gb ipod tough 4th gen.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 8/27/13 at 6:10pmpost #1468 of 16258/27/13 at 7:13pmpost #1469 of 16258/27/13 at 8:31pmpost #1470 of 16258/27/13 at 8:34pm
Do the new -R CLAS use the AKM chip? It doesn't sound as aggressive to me as the Fostex HP-P1 that uses an AKM chipset. The CLAS -R sounds warmer and fuller but not as aggressive or quite as dynamic. Two different flavors.
Edited by dallan - 8/27/13 at 8:36pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 28 seconds ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sotm dX-USB HD with super clock sCLK-2224 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 8 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude