- 224 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 98post #1456 of 16258/26/13 at 3:08pmOkay.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1457 of 16258/26/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Why is thatpost #1458 of 16258/26/13 at 6:28pmpost #1459 of 16258/27/13 at 3:47amI have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.post #1460 of 16258/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by LFC_SL
I have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.
What's the point your trying to make?post #1461 of 16258/27/13 at 7:57am
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Westone W4R Cable
Toxic Cables Silver Poison USB to LOD
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Mini to Mini
Cypher Labs Algorhythm SOLO (Original)
Ibasso P4 Warbler
RSA SR71-B hiding in the felt bag in the corner
between the ibasso p4 warbler and the sr71-b with the CLAS and the toxic Cables sound phenomenal. Personally i like the wolfson sound vs the AKM thats just me .post #1462 of 16258/27/13 at 9:59ampost #1463 of 16258/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1464 of 16258/27/13 at 10:00ampost #1465 of 16258/27/13 at 1:05pm
AKM is simular to what the hpp1 has in it, obviously not the same dac chip, the original CLAS dac chip is a high end Wolfson Dac chip. wolfson vs akm dac chips alot of people say the wolfson is a more aggressive sound. the newer CLAS has options that obviously the older versions dont have, but if you are using single ended it still sound exceptional.
honestly ive tried ALOT of amps and the Ibasso P4 Warbler is a Amazing amp the power output, the ability to change opamps and buffers, i also have the RSA SR71-B so between the ibasso and blackbird both sound exceptional with the CLAS.post #1466 of 16258/27/13 at 1:08pmpost #1467 of 16258/27/13 at 6:08pmHello. Without using a multi-meter Is there any way to tell if I got the new fixed Solo -R? Mine came with 2 short 30 pin to USB cables and has a much lower output than my original CLAS (Tactical Edition). As for the sound, this is very disappointing. Compared to the original CLAS, my Solo R sounds thin and "digital". I don"t know if its still burning in, but I am quite disappointed. My original CLAS is fuller and more dynamic. Vocals are warm and details are fantastic. This one sounds so recessed that I actually prefer the hp out of my ipod touch 4th.
BTW - my setup consists of an ALO Continental V3 Hifiman HE500 playing FLAC and ALAC through a 32gb ipod tough 4th gen.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 8/27/13 at 6:10pmpost #1468 of 16258/27/13 at 7:13pmpost #1469 of 16258/27/13 at 8:31pmpost #1470 of 16258/27/13 at 8:34pm
Do the new -R CLAS use the AKM chip? It doesn't sound as aggressive to me as the Fostex HP-P1 that uses an AKM chipset. The CLAS -R sounds warmer and fuller but not as aggressive or quite as dynamic. Two different flavors.
Edited by dallan - 8/27/13 at 8:36pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 11 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 1 minute ago
- › BOSE QC20 or SHURE SE425 1 minute ago
- › Feature suggestions for X7 flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for desktop amp and DAC for Sennheiser HD 600- $900... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob