- 224 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 97post #1441 of 16258/3/13 at 1:28pmThe updated version is way better! You need talk to David.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1442 of 16258/3/13 at 8:48pmpost #1443 of 16258/4/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I agree with you. Forgetting the interconnect requirement comments, you still need an amp for proper usage, to my knowledge.
Edited by fiascogarcia - 8/4/13 at 9:16ampost #1444 of 16258/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:My new -dB from HifiHeadphones is a fresh delivery into the UK (they had to place an order from US as I wanted black ). So fresh I got mine before HifiHeadphones updated their website. Anyway they asked me what Apple device I would be using as CypherLabs had given them a box of all different cables, including lightning to mini-usb.Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
We're all over complicating the answer. The iPhone 4S and later all have the old pin DOC connection therefore you don't to have to buy the Apple adapter to hook it to the CLAS and you don't have to buy an aftermarket cable because the cable interconnect comes with the CLAS. The iPhone 5 has a lightening connection therefore you'll have to buy an aftermarket cable to connect it to the CLAS or get the Apple adapter. To my knowledge Cypher Labs still doesn't provide a lightening connector. If they now do it's news to me. Mine came with 2 short interconnects for the old school Apple pin connector. I use mine with my Classic.
As an aside the box contains a US charger and I was supplied with UK plug in a separate generic box. Guess they cannot customise at the plant.
Which brings me to mention the website, box and manual contains a typo. The clas uses USB mini-a, not mini-b. Odd no one has mentioned it.
Edited by LFC_SL - 8/11/13 at 9:03ampost #1445 of 16258/14/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
I read before the fix that some had an issue with the Pico Power pairing, a way back in this thread but i have had no problems with the current product. Got an AK120 recently and the size is nice but when that is not a concern and i am listening to regular files(not 24bit) i still choose the brick with the iPod/Clas/Pico Power. I still think it sounds more integrated and less edgy. Don't get me wrong, the 120 is impressive and detailed/layered but........brick wins by a hair.post #1446 of 16258/15/13 at 8:56amThe ak120 is more detailed and plays 24 bit files, that is an advantage. It sounds high end to me but the CLAS is warmer and fuller sounding. If I had to choose for home use and didn't have a lot of 24 bit files, I would use the CLAS. Quick answer, I'm at work.post #1447 of 16258/21/13 at 4:15am
Pending the new iPads am using the -dB with my iMac and Pico Power amp. Compared to the Dacmagic, the DM is not as wide, piano notes have a slight digital ring to them and highs are slightly artificially detached and accentuated. -dB overall smoother sound, more coherent yet spacious and the bass is tighter with more impact. Still the DM is not embarrassed and remains very viable at its price point (or at least the replacement models Cambridge Audio brought out)post #1448 of 16258/21/13 at 11:46ampost #1449 of 16258/26/13 at 9:08ampost #1450 of 16258/26/13 at 11:17ampost #1451 of 16258/26/13 at 12:50pmpost #1452 of 16258/26/13 at 12:56pmpost #1453 of 16258/26/13 at 1:42pmpost #1454 of 16258/26/13 at 1:58pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 4 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Yulong D100 MKII DAC/PreAmp 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob