- 223 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 97post #1441 of 15448/3/13 at 1:28pmThe updated version is way better! You need talk to David.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 15448/3/13 at 8:48pmpost #1443 of 15448/4/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I agree with you. Forgetting the interconnect requirement comments, you still need an amp for proper usage, to my knowledge.
Edited by fiascogarcia - 8/4/13 at 9:16ampost #1444 of 15448/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:My new -dB from HifiHeadphones is a fresh delivery into the UK (they had to place an order from US as I wanted black ). So fresh I got mine before HifiHeadphones updated their website. Anyway they asked me what Apple device I would be using as CypherLabs had given them a box of all different cables, including lightning to mini-usb.Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
We're all over complicating the answer. The iPhone 4S and later all have the old pin DOC connection therefore you don't to have to buy the Apple adapter to hook it to the CLAS and you don't have to buy an aftermarket cable because the cable interconnect comes with the CLAS. The iPhone 5 has a lightening connection therefore you'll have to buy an aftermarket cable to connect it to the CLAS or get the Apple adapter. To my knowledge Cypher Labs still doesn't provide a lightening connector. If they now do it's news to me. Mine came with 2 short interconnects for the old school Apple pin connector. I use mine with my Classic.
As an aside the box contains a US charger and I was supplied with UK plug in a separate generic box. Guess they cannot customise at the plant.
Which brings me to mention the website, box and manual contains a typo. The clas uses USB mini-a, not mini-b. Odd no one has mentioned it.
Edited by LFC_SL - 8/11/13 at 9:03ampost #1445 of 15448/14/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
I read before the fix that some had an issue with the Pico Power pairing, a way back in this thread but i have had no problems with the current product. Got an AK120 recently and the size is nice but when that is not a concern and i am listening to regular files(not 24bit) i still choose the brick with the iPod/Clas/Pico Power. I still think it sounds more integrated and less edgy. Don't get me wrong, the 120 is impressive and detailed/layered but........brick wins by a hair.post #1446 of 15448/15/13 at 8:56amThe ak120 is more detailed and plays 24 bit files, that is an advantage. It sounds high end to me but the CLAS is warmer and fuller sounding. If I had to choose for home use and didn't have a lot of 24 bit files, I would use the CLAS. Quick answer, I'm at work.post #1447 of 15448/21/13 at 4:15am
Pending the new iPads am using the -dB with my iMac and Pico Power amp. Compared to the Dacmagic, the DM is not as wide, piano notes have a slight digital ring to them and highs are slightly artificially detached and accentuated. -dB overall smoother sound, more coherent yet spacious and the bass is tighter with more impact. Still the DM is not embarrassed and remains very viable at its price point (or at least the replacement models Cambridge Audio brought out)post #1448 of 15448/21/13 at 11:46ampost #1449 of 15448/26/13 at 9:08ampost #1450 of 15448/26/13 at 11:17ampost #1451 of 15448/26/13 at 12:50pmpost #1452 of 15448/26/13 at 12:56pmpost #1453 of 15448/26/13 at 1:42pmpost #1454 of 15448/26/13 at 1:58pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 15 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Need something good for working out... 2 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 9 minutes ago
- › Good place to buy replacement pads? 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi