- 224 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 97post #1441 of 16268/3/13 at 1:28pmThe updated version is way better! You need talk to David.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1442 of 16268/3/13 at 8:48pmpost #1443 of 16268/4/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I agree with you. Forgetting the interconnect requirement comments, you still need an amp for proper usage, to my knowledge.
Edited by fiascogarcia - 8/4/13 at 9:16ampost #1444 of 16268/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:My new -dB from HifiHeadphones is a fresh delivery into the UK (they had to place an order from US as I wanted black ). So fresh I got mine before HifiHeadphones updated their website. Anyway they asked me what Apple device I would be using as CypherLabs had given them a box of all different cables, including lightning to mini-usb.Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
We're all over complicating the answer. The iPhone 4S and later all have the old pin DOC connection therefore you don't to have to buy the Apple adapter to hook it to the CLAS and you don't have to buy an aftermarket cable because the cable interconnect comes with the CLAS. The iPhone 5 has a lightening connection therefore you'll have to buy an aftermarket cable to connect it to the CLAS or get the Apple adapter. To my knowledge Cypher Labs still doesn't provide a lightening connector. If they now do it's news to me. Mine came with 2 short interconnects for the old school Apple pin connector. I use mine with my Classic.
As an aside the box contains a US charger and I was supplied with UK plug in a separate generic box. Guess they cannot customise at the plant.
Which brings me to mention the website, box and manual contains a typo. The clas uses USB mini-a, not mini-b. Odd no one has mentioned it.
Edited by LFC_SL - 8/11/13 at 9:03ampost #1445 of 16268/14/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
I read before the fix that some had an issue with the Pico Power pairing, a way back in this thread but i have had no problems with the current product. Got an AK120 recently and the size is nice but when that is not a concern and i am listening to regular files(not 24bit) i still choose the brick with the iPod/Clas/Pico Power. I still think it sounds more integrated and less edgy. Don't get me wrong, the 120 is impressive and detailed/layered but........brick wins by a hair.post #1446 of 16268/15/13 at 8:56amThe ak120 is more detailed and plays 24 bit files, that is an advantage. It sounds high end to me but the CLAS is warmer and fuller sounding. If I had to choose for home use and didn't have a lot of 24 bit files, I would use the CLAS. Quick answer, I'm at work.post #1447 of 16268/21/13 at 4:15am
Pending the new iPads am using the -dB with my iMac and Pico Power amp. Compared to the Dacmagic, the DM is not as wide, piano notes have a slight digital ring to them and highs are slightly artificially detached and accentuated. -dB overall smoother sound, more coherent yet spacious and the bass is tighter with more impact. Still the DM is not embarrassed and remains very viable at its price point (or at least the replacement models Cambridge Audio brought out)post #1448 of 16268/21/13 at 11:46ampost #1449 of 16268/26/13 at 9:08ampost #1450 of 16268/26/13 at 11:17ampost #1451 of 16268/26/13 at 12:50pmpost #1452 of 16268/26/13 at 12:56pmpost #1453 of 16268/26/13 at 1:42pmpost #1454 of 16268/26/13 at 1:58pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 second ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 2 seconds ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 40 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 54 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH 940 appreciation and support thread 57 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Gaming headphones with bass extension, $150-$250 budget 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 2 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude