- 76 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 94post #1396 of 16256/19/13 at 5:19pmWith multimeter. Set to dc mV mode and measure without anything playing. You can use mini to mini jack to tap the left right and gnd. For balance might be bit tricky you will need tiny needle. For me I use my balance item cable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 16256/19/13 at 8:48pmQuote:
I don't know if I did it right, but what I got is 30+ mV on the multimeter. Anyway, I ended up listening the music and forgot about it.post #1398 of 16256/19/13 at 9:39pmpost #1399 of 16256/24/13 at 3:39pm
i have a question for you guys out there.
i just recently picked up a 64gb ipod touch 4th gen and previously i was using a ipod touch 3rd gen.
using the same setup
BTG_audio sunrise cable
alo audio rx mk2
cypher labs algorhythm solo
alo audio sxc SOLO cable set
and now the ipod touch 4g 64gb i am noticing alot more detail with the setup in its entirety. wider soundstage, phenomenal instrument separation, the soundstage is extremely accurate vocals and instruments seem to be in their place lefts and rights and all around seems like the music is surounding you.
and i was wondering if its possible that the only thing i change in my setup was the ipod that maybe the 4g ipod is putting out cleaner signals to the CLAS/amp thus giving me this added detail in the sound?
i was not expecting anything from the ipod as obviously its bypassing the internal dac and internal dac. i only bought the ipod for the larger capacity. but to my suprise i seem to be getting this greater sound quality? maybe im nuts?
i just thought i would ask. back and fourth comparison with same music and same lossless quality the 4g seems to put out alot more detail and clarity?post #1400 of 16256/26/13 at 1:15amAre you playing lossless files or compressed files? I guess, theoretically, if you are playing compressed files the decompression work could be handled better by one player vs. another? Ken mentioned in the past that battery life of the player will be higher when playing lossless as it just sends out the data with very little computation work.
But that is reaching...
I use 4 different players and I haven't noticed any differences.
Edited by shipsupt - 6/26/13 at 5:40ampost #1401 of 16256/26/13 at 1:54am
Are you quoting Ken Rockwell? Sweet. Haha.
Anyway, lossless is of course closer to source file and takes less cpu power to process. More bandwidth, yes, but less CPU power than MP3. However, the player still has to have a good decoder. A crappy lossless decoder can do a worse output job than a great lossy chip decoding perfectly. It isn't all cut and dried.post #1402 of 16256/26/13 at 5:40am
Ahh, no, Ken Ball from ALO.Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
Are you quoting Ken Rockwell? Sweet. Haha.
Anyway, lossless is of course closer to source file and takes less cpu power to process. More bandwidth, yes, but less CPU power than MP3. However, the player still has to have a good decoder. A crappy lossless decoder can do a worse output job than a great lossy chip decoding perfectly. It isn't all cut and dried.post #1403 of 16256/26/13 at 5:49ampost #1404 of 16256/26/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Not surprising to me at all. I experience a similar improvement switching from an iPhone 4s to MB Pro with the -dB. My guess is YMMV depending on the gear being used with the Solo.post #1405 of 16256/26/13 at 3:39pm
yes i am using 1411kbps lossless audio files.
i guess the decoding processing of the ipod 4g is probably better than the 3g? or maybe just better at processing in the output? i donnopost #1406 of 16256/28/13 at 5:59pmpost #1407 of 16256/28/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
ipod classic - volume bar visible
edit- oops requested touch/iphone sorry
Edited by Room40 - 6/28/13 at 6:14pmpost #1408 of 16256/28/13 at 8:32pmpost #1409 of 16256/28/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
iPhone 4s - volume bar is visible. Volume indicator shifts to off immediately after connecting. Volume indicator returns to original location after disconnecting from CLAS.
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Muse Mini UberBuds or Jaybird BlueBud X 9 seconds ago
- › Alien DAC (PCM2702) - Issues with audio cutting out during CPU load 24 seconds ago
- › Alternative to Schiit Asgard 2 45 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 54 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude