- 65 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
This is the veteran ex-flagship model of FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) which was announced not long ago. It is a 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1 low woofer) 4 way crossover...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 94post #1396 of 15446/19/13 at 5:19pmWith multimeter. Set to dc mV mode and measure without anything playing. You can use mini to mini jack to tap the left right and gnd. For balance might be bit tricky you will need tiny needle. For me I use my balance item cable.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1397 of 15446/19/13 at 8:48pmQuote:
I don't know if I did it right, but what I got is 30+ mV on the multimeter. Anyway, I ended up listening the music and forgot about it.post #1398 of 15446/19/13 at 9:39pmpost #1399 of 15446/24/13 at 3:39pm
i have a question for you guys out there.
i just recently picked up a 64gb ipod touch 4th gen and previously i was using a ipod touch 3rd gen.
using the same setup
BTG_audio sunrise cable
alo audio rx mk2
cypher labs algorhythm solo
alo audio sxc SOLO cable set
and now the ipod touch 4g 64gb i am noticing alot more detail with the setup in its entirety. wider soundstage, phenomenal instrument separation, the soundstage is extremely accurate vocals and instruments seem to be in their place lefts and rights and all around seems like the music is surounding you.
and i was wondering if its possible that the only thing i change in my setup was the ipod that maybe the 4g ipod is putting out cleaner signals to the CLAS/amp thus giving me this added detail in the sound?
i was not expecting anything from the ipod as obviously its bypassing the internal dac and internal dac. i only bought the ipod for the larger capacity. but to my suprise i seem to be getting this greater sound quality? maybe im nuts?
i just thought i would ask. back and fourth comparison with same music and same lossless quality the 4g seems to put out alot more detail and clarity?post #1400 of 15446/26/13 at 1:15amAre you playing lossless files or compressed files? I guess, theoretically, if you are playing compressed files the decompression work could be handled better by one player vs. another? Ken mentioned in the past that battery life of the player will be higher when playing lossless as it just sends out the data with very little computation work.
But that is reaching...
I use 4 different players and I haven't noticed any differences.
Edited by shipsupt - 6/26/13 at 5:40ampost #1401 of 15446/26/13 at 1:54am
Are you quoting Ken Rockwell? Sweet. Haha.
Anyway, lossless is of course closer to source file and takes less cpu power to process. More bandwidth, yes, but less CPU power than MP3. However, the player still has to have a good decoder. A crappy lossless decoder can do a worse output job than a great lossy chip decoding perfectly. It isn't all cut and dried.post #1402 of 15446/26/13 at 5:40am
Ahh, no, Ken Ball from ALO.Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
Are you quoting Ken Rockwell? Sweet. Haha.
Anyway, lossless is of course closer to source file and takes less cpu power to process. More bandwidth, yes, but less CPU power than MP3. However, the player still has to have a good decoder. A crappy lossless decoder can do a worse output job than a great lossy chip decoding perfectly. It isn't all cut and dried.post #1403 of 15446/26/13 at 5:49ampost #1404 of 15446/26/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Not surprising to me at all. I experience a similar improvement switching from an iPhone 4s to MB Pro with the -dB. My guess is YMMV depending on the gear being used with the Solo.post #1405 of 15446/26/13 at 3:39pm
yes i am using 1411kbps lossless audio files.
i guess the decoding processing of the ipod 4g is probably better than the 3g? or maybe just better at processing in the output? i donnopost #1406 of 15446/28/13 at 5:59pmpost #1407 of 15446/28/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
ipod classic - volume bar visible
edit- oops requested touch/iphone sorry
Edited by Room40 - 6/28/13 at 6:14pmpost #1408 of 15446/28/13 at 8:32pmpost #1409 of 15446/28/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
iPhone 4s - volume bar is visible. Volume indicator shifts to off immediately after connecting. Volume indicator returns to original location after disconnecting from CLAS.
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Lets Talk Metal 18 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 42 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 1 minute ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven II 2 minutes ago
- › Official Katawa Shoujo thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ray Samuels Audio Dark Star solid state headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi