- 76 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 94post #1396 of 16256/19/13 at 5:19pmWith multimeter. Set to dc mV mode and measure without anything playing. You can use mini to mini jack to tap the left right and gnd. For balance might be bit tricky you will need tiny needle. For me I use my balance item cable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 16256/19/13 at 8:48pmQuote:
I don't know if I did it right, but what I got is 30+ mV on the multimeter. Anyway, I ended up listening the music and forgot about it.post #1398 of 16256/19/13 at 9:39pmpost #1399 of 16256/24/13 at 3:39pm
i have a question for you guys out there.
i just recently picked up a 64gb ipod touch 4th gen and previously i was using a ipod touch 3rd gen.
using the same setup
BTG_audio sunrise cable
alo audio rx mk2
cypher labs algorhythm solo
alo audio sxc SOLO cable set
and now the ipod touch 4g 64gb i am noticing alot more detail with the setup in its entirety. wider soundstage, phenomenal instrument separation, the soundstage is extremely accurate vocals and instruments seem to be in their place lefts and rights and all around seems like the music is surounding you.
and i was wondering if its possible that the only thing i change in my setup was the ipod that maybe the 4g ipod is putting out cleaner signals to the CLAS/amp thus giving me this added detail in the sound?
i was not expecting anything from the ipod as obviously its bypassing the internal dac and internal dac. i only bought the ipod for the larger capacity. but to my suprise i seem to be getting this greater sound quality? maybe im nuts?
i just thought i would ask. back and fourth comparison with same music and same lossless quality the 4g seems to put out alot more detail and clarity?post #1400 of 16256/26/13 at 1:15amAre you playing lossless files or compressed files? I guess, theoretically, if you are playing compressed files the decompression work could be handled better by one player vs. another? Ken mentioned in the past that battery life of the player will be higher when playing lossless as it just sends out the data with very little computation work.
But that is reaching...
I use 4 different players and I haven't noticed any differences.
Edited by shipsupt - 6/26/13 at 5:40ampost #1401 of 16256/26/13 at 1:54am
Are you quoting Ken Rockwell? Sweet. Haha.
Anyway, lossless is of course closer to source file and takes less cpu power to process. More bandwidth, yes, but less CPU power than MP3. However, the player still has to have a good decoder. A crappy lossless decoder can do a worse output job than a great lossy chip decoding perfectly. It isn't all cut and dried.post #1402 of 16256/26/13 at 5:40am
Ahh, no, Ken Ball from ALO.Quote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
Are you quoting Ken Rockwell? Sweet. Haha.
Anyway, lossless is of course closer to source file and takes less cpu power to process. More bandwidth, yes, but less CPU power than MP3. However, the player still has to have a good decoder. A crappy lossless decoder can do a worse output job than a great lossy chip decoding perfectly. It isn't all cut and dried.post #1403 of 16256/26/13 at 5:49ampost #1404 of 16256/26/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Not surprising to me at all. I experience a similar improvement switching from an iPhone 4s to MB Pro with the -dB. My guess is YMMV depending on the gear being used with the Solo.post #1405 of 16256/26/13 at 3:39pm
yes i am using 1411kbps lossless audio files.
i guess the decoding processing of the ipod 4g is probably better than the 3g? or maybe just better at processing in the output? i donnopost #1406 of 16256/28/13 at 5:59pmpost #1407 of 16256/28/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
ipod classic - volume bar visible
edit- oops requested touch/iphone sorry
Edited by Room40 - 6/28/13 at 6:14pmpost #1408 of 16256/28/13 at 8:32pmpost #1409 of 16256/28/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
iPhone 4s - volume bar is visible. Volume indicator shifts to off immediately after connecting. Volume indicator returns to original location after disconnecting from CLAS.
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 54 seconds ago
- › WHICH COWON PRODUCT HAS THE BEST SOUND QUALITY ? 57 seconds ago
- › How Long Before I Get Full Privileges??? 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MH1 recabled by ZMF 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob