Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 86

post #1276 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

I don't quite understand what you are saying but i will say that the line out level of the Solo -R new updated fixed version is much lower than my line out on the Fostex HP-P1, so my external amp needs to be turned up a lot higher with the Solo.

Hi Dave 

look like your solo -R has the version 1,69 Vrms 

i am waiting for my class -dB in 2,0 Vrms and will Inform you compare to my class -dB

1,69 Vrms 

post #1277 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Hi Dave 

look like your solo -R has the version 1,69 Vrms 

i am waiting for my class -dB in 2,0 Vrms and will Inform you compare to my class -dB

1,69 Vrms 

Okay, whatever is the most recent update,  it is the fixed version of that update.  I was one of the first to get it I think, around a week and a  half ago.  I don't know whether the fixed -dB has  a higher Vrms than the current version of -R.

post #1278 of 1641
Yo guys, thought you all might like the video of my CLAS-db/RX MKIII-B setup
post #1279 of 1641
digital freak.. may I ask strap did u use on each back of ur rig? look good
post #1280 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmondlee24 View Post

digital freak.. may I ask strap did u use on each back of ur rig? look good


Those are 3M Dual Lock strips. I got the idea from Tyll of Inner Fidelity. He did a video about using dual Lock strips on your mobile rig.

post #1281 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

 

Gentlemen,

 

I have received my new -db from David at Cypher Labs, and he NAILED it. Plenty of power, works flawlessly with all my amps, and he even resolved the pot scratchiness issue. The new -db is perfection. Please reach out to David if you are still having issues with your -db. He will take great care of you. 

I wanted to second this. I, too, was having issues pairing my CLAS -dB with some amps, such as my RSA Predator, but not with others, such as my ALO Rx Mk3-B either single ended or balanced. Returned my CLAS -dB to Cypher Labs and David Maudlin personally fixed it and sent it back the next day. The updated -dB works flawlessly with all my amps (no more scratchy pot sound with with ALO Rx Mk3-B or cutting out with the RSA Predator) and sounds even better with improved clarity and transparency. Kudos to David for a great product and his exceptional customer service. Now on to some more listening.

post #1282 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMD View Post

I wanted to second this. I, too, was having issues pairing my CLAS -dB with some amps, such as my RSA Predator, but not with others, such as my ALO Rx Mk3-B either single ended or balanced. Returned my CLAS -dB to Cypher Labs and David Maudlin personally fixed it and sent it back the next day. The updated -dB works flawlessly with all my amps (no more scratchy pot sound with with ALO Rx Mk3-B or cutting out with the RSA Predator) and sounds even better with improved clarity and transparency. Kudos to David for a great product and his exceptional customer service. Now on to some more listening.
David took care of my R. Exceptional customer service and no fuss when there's a problem.
post #1283 of 1641

Hey guys, hope nobody minds me spamming some pics into the thread. I own the -db and although I love it when paired with the RX MKIII-B in balanced mode I have to add another good pairing to look into is the Leckerton UHA-6A MKII in SE mode with op amp 209 installed. It's a very resolving sounding rig with IEM's. The only niggle have against the RX MKIII pairing is on IEM's theres a bit of hissing present and it gets annoying during silent music passages. Give it a look into guys. The end result might be a very pleasant surprise for the earphone users out there.

 

post #1284 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Hey guys, hope nobody minds me spamming some pics into the thread. I own the -db and although I love it when paired with the RX MKIII-B in balanced mode I have to add another good pairing to look into is the Leckerton UHA-6A MKII in SE mode with op amp 209 installed. It's a very resolving sounding rig with IEM's. The only niggle have against the RX MKIII pairing is on IEM's theres a bit of hissing present and it gets annoying during silent music passages. Give it a look into guys. The end result might be a very pleasant surprise for the earphone users out there.

 

Very pretty:)

post #1285 of 1641

I had a question.

 

I have been deciding between the Solo R with a cheap amp such as E12 or something in similar price range or the HP-P1. Anyone of you guys used the Solo R with a E12?

 

Thanks for any help

post #1286 of 1641

Due to the high Customer quality service and ipod interface, would be better to get a Solo -R and an amp like Pico Slim headamp.

post #1287 of 1641
Thank you David after long waiting my brand new Cuber lbs class DB 2,0 Vrms just arrived
Cyberlabs customer service is top notch

Out the box SQ excellent and the power is powerful like my old class solo

I have two lass DB now with two version Vrns :
1,69 V rms for use with my iems
2,00 V rms fir use with hard to drive headphone and ortho






Edited by rudi0504 - 4/25/13 at 9:56am
post #1288 of 1641
The Solo -R recommends connecting the iPod, amp and headphones in a particular sequence. I presume we reverse the sequence when powering off?
post #1289 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Thank you David after long waiting my brand new Cuber lbs class DB 2,0 Vrms just arrived
Cyberlabs customer service is top notch

Out the box SQ excellent and the power is powerful like my old class solo

I have two lass DB now with two version Vrns :
1,69 V rms for use with my iems
2,00 V rms fir use with hard to drive headphone and ortho

 

Why don't you go balanced ? I'm wating for my rxmk3-b and lcd-2 with all balanced from clas db -->rxmk3-b--> lcd-2

post #1290 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmevn View Post

Why don't you go balanced ? I'm wating for my rxmk3-b and lcd-2 with all balanced from clas db -->rxmk3-b--> lcd-2

At the time I just received my cyberlab class -dB 2,0 Vrms version
The input I have already use RSA balance connector
I didn't bring my Norse balance cable for my LCD 2 rev 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread