Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 83

post #1231 of 1641
I just received my CLAS -dB and Mk3-B. I haven't noticed any of these problems either. The only issue I have is that my AKG K701s are a bit quiet with some of my older classical recordings (high gain, volume maxed out), and that my Monster Turbine Copper Pros have some noticeable background hiss (med gain). However, both of these are single-ended headphones. Waiting on a pair of Beyer T70s wired balanced to see if I have any issues...
post #1232 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

The updated version of the -R is  2-4 weeks off from what i understand.  They were in the process of exchanging one with that issue and they had an extra which i seemed able to procure but i won't get my hands on it for about a week.  It appears that I am getting the extra from that replacement run maybe and am not even sure of the color yet, but whatever works is good for me.  I have no other knowledge, this is just what i have been able to figure out from our exchanges.  After getting the Pico Power, it is such an upgrade over the Fostex amp that I am not sure i will ever use that amp section again, unless in a squeeze.

 

By the way, David at CL was very helpful and very responsive, what a great company.  Had i known, i may have gone for that dac originally, I was just being lazy at the time and didn't want to carry quite that big of a brick of toys around so got the combo dac/amp HP-P1.  

David from CL is great in dealing with. Today, he asked me to mail my R. Great and no problems with the National but eager to connect it with the Pico power. The pico is an american muscle car.

post #1233 of 1641

Cool, and yeah the Pico Power is something else.wink_face.gif  

post #1234 of 1641

How long did it take for David to respond? I emailed sales@cypherlabs.com a couple days ago and haven't gotten back from him about my CLAS-R problem...

 

i also sent two emails to TTVJ in a span of three weeks with no response either. I bought the CLAS from them. Kinda disappointing...


Edited by aluren - 3/19/13 at 12:52am
post #1235 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren View Post

How long did it take for David to respond? I emailed sales@cypherlabs.com a couple days ago and haven't gotten back from him about my CLAS-R problem...

 

i also sent two emails to TTVJ in a span of three weeks with no response either. I bought the CLAS from them. Kinda disappointing...

He replied to me today and he said he has been travelling 

post #1236 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren View Post

How long did it take for David to respond? I emailed sales@cypherlabs.com a couple days ago and haven't gotten back from him about my CLAS-R problem...

 

i also sent two emails to TTVJ in a span of three weeks with no response either. I bought the CLAS from them. Kinda disappointing...

David responds the same day or the next. Last week he explained he was travelling. Shoot him another email. He responds quickly or for all you know, you'll get it today. 

post #1237 of 1641

hi i m a newbie.

i have recently buy solo db , mk rx3 & aloaudio balanced cable. i feel they are not properly working!! 

The vocals is bit louder then music . like music is playing behind the vocals.

when i attached solo db with total bithead( headroom's amp), i feel the soundbstage is balanced.

 

is the problem with mk rx3 or solo db???

 

 

source ipod touch 5g

solo db-balanced cable-rx3-

beats studio

post #1238 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhar View Post

hi i m a newbie.

i have recently buy solo db , mk rx3 & aloaudio balanced cable. i feel they are not properly working!! 

The vocals is bit louder then music . like music is playing behind the vocals.

when i attached solo db with total bithead( headroom's amp), i feel the soundbstage is balanced.

 

is the problem with mk rx3 or solo db???

 

 

source ipod touch 5g

solo db-balanced cable-rx3-

beats studio

Try some different headphones if you can as IMHO they are possibly the kink in your equipment lineup. Can you audition some LCD2s or Sennheisers and see if you come up with the same observation?

post #1239 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren View Post

How long did it take for David to respond? I emailed sales@cypherlabs.com a couple days ago and haven't gotten back from him about my CLAS-R problem...

 

i also sent two emails to TTVJ in a span of three weeks with no response either. I bought the CLAS from them. Kinda disappointing...

 yep I heard from David, here's what he sent to me,

 

Hi John,

I am following up with you to offer a trade in for your Solo -dB. I have a solution for you now.

Please send the unit only to the address below and I will get one out to you pronto. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks,

David Maudlin, CEO
Cypher Labs, LLC
16869 SW 65th Ave Ste 450
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
 

here's where I was supposed to send the -db? but I had the -R, which is where I am sure anyone with an -R will be returning theirs for a replacement when they get them in? I sent mine back to Todd at TTVJ a while ago,

 

he says that he should have updated -Rs in the near future, and I should get one thru Todd again! which is very very very fine with me, other then the waiting? ggrrr ugh! lol, but the -R was very very awesome, and I really really really look forward to hearing it again, and keeping it for myself, which will only be better when I will be able to pair it up with any and all of my gear!


Edited by ANDEROAN - 3/19/13 at 1:15pm
post #1240 of 1641

Just sent my R today.

post #1241 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesDavis2 View Post

Just sent my R today.

 

did you talk with David, and do they have the replacement -Rs to start shipping out? if so TTVJ won't be far behind? I hope 

post #1242 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDEROAN View Post

 

did you talk with David, and do they have the replacement -Rs to start shipping out? if so TTVJ won't be far behind? I hope 

Yes, we have been emailing each other. For my unit, I don't think it will be a replacement but a fix.

post #1243 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesDavis2 View Post

Yes, we have been emailing each other. For my unit, I don't think it will be a replacement but a fix.

thats sounds cool, I was wondering if they could fix it by sending it in, I guess they are fixing as well as redoing them from scratch?

post #1244 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDEROAN View Post

thats sounds cool, I was wondering if they could fix it by sending it in, I guess they are fixing as well as redoing them from scratch?

From what Dave told me and this is after all that I have experienced with a different amp, that it would be an easy fix.  Dave responds right away via email. This morning I just informed him of the tracking no. And that he should expect my package tomorrow and he responded immediately.  Reason why I would say mine is a fix is he told me to leave the chargers and just send the unit.  The R is great. Have not heard the original but I am happy with the R

post #1245 of 1641
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesDavis2 View Post

From what Dave told me and this is after all that I have experienced with a different amp, that it would be an easy fix.  Dave responds right away via email. This morning I just informed him of the tracking no. And that he should expect my package tomorrow and he responded immediately.  Reason why I would say mine is a fix is he told me to leave the chargers and just send the unit.  The R is great. Have not heard the original but I am happy with the R

He's swapping the unit for you, not fixing it. He just eats the cost on the peripherals to make it easier for you to ship. He's a good dude:)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread