- 276 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Los Angeles, Ca
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 81
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Sounds like maybe Anderoan, on this thread, might be having the same type problem with the -R? I am waiting for answers before I purchase one, or I might just buy the old model. But I do like the iPod charging feature!
@anakchan & raelamb,
i'm planning on getting the mk3-b to pair up with my CLAS -db and shure e500's
was interested to get more of your thoughts on CLAS & Mk3-b with iem's.
@anakchan, between the international and mk3-b, can you share w/c has more detail between the two in combo with the CLAS?
appreciate your inputs.
Hmmm...this is gonna have to go by memory and with my IEM as I've long ditched my E500 & 530's. Personally for me, for iDevice mult-component rigs, the -dB balanced to Rx Mk3 is still my fav even for IEMs. The new Mk3's have further lowered gain and the hiss is less than when it was first released back last May. Personally for me too, the hiss didn't really bother me even with the ultra-sensitive FitEar TO GO! 334.
I highly prefer the -dB balanced out as opposed to SE. So just over a week back, I did compare the -dB with the Rx Mk3 vs the International with my Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 (new name for RDB+ v2). The International actually had a deeper bass impact but overall the Rx Mk3 had the bigger sound, bigger soundstage, and imaging. As I had the opportunity to move from the Rx Mk3 to the International, I actually opted to stick to the Rx Mk3. As for detail, I have to admit I didn't really focus too much on that. But I don't remember anything in that aspect glaring at me to take note of.
This wasn't that long of a test...maybe 20-30 mins and I was in the store. If I were able to bring the International home with me and compare in a more controlled environment over a longer period, the verdict may well had been different.
Thanks. i did send an email to David. Waiting for his reply. Like I said, no problem with the National.
Looks like I'm sticking with the original model, and I prefer a warmer sound anyway.
I am also anxiously awaiting all of the feedback/info from everyone, it would be very very awesome to link up the -R along with my amps? I unfortunaley picked up the MKII after I returned the -R to TTVJ, would have loved to hear that, if it was as good as the CLAS I would have kept the -R just cuz! but am really wanting to hear the new -R.1? will the R now stand for revision? lol, instaed of refreshed
but I will be in line to get one, I miss the -R and how it was beginning to sound really nice after some burn in! it was starting to give me the same WOW factor that I get from the CLAS now, but with its own distint sound!
thanks for all of the input! keep posting when you hear back from Cypher!
Any news on whether there is a iPhone 5 cable to mini usb for the -dB? I could have sworn at the beginning when the -dB was being released there were commitments of a cable that would allow iPhone 5 connections
Problematic -db Update:
Gentlemen, for those of you like me, who's -db is not functioning well with all, or some of your amps, Cypher Labs has run a new model through production to address our problems. The new units should be shipping Monday - and Cypher Labs is doing a unit swap. You need to email David at Cypher Labs to get the new one shipped to you. Please PM me if you need his email information.
The problems some of us are experiencing is that the sound gets weak, or cuts out entirely as you turn the volume pot of the amp up, which is connected to the -db.
Has anyone run into this issue feeding the -dB from a computer. Or is the issue only occurring when connected to an iDevice?
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 57 seconds ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 1 minute ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 1 minute ago
- › Love music too much to be listening to it the way I am. PLEASE HELP 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 4 minutes ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 5 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe