- 317 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Humble Home
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 81post #1201 of 15443/13/13 at 9:35amThis problem is just with the DB? I have the R and using with the National. I would be using it with other amps. Any R owners having this ptoblem? Thanks.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1202 of 15443/13/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Sounds like maybe Anderoan, on this thread, might be having the same type problem with the -R? I am waiting for answers before I purchase one, or I might just buy the old model. But I do like the iPod charging feature!post #1203 of 15443/13/13 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by mrmax
@anakchan & raelamb,
i'm planning on getting the mk3-b to pair up with my CLAS -db and shure e500's
was interested to get more of your thoughts on CLAS & Mk3-b with iem's.
@anakchan, between the international and mk3-b, can you share w/c has more detail between the two in combo with the CLAS?
appreciate your inputs.
Hmmm...this is gonna have to go by memory and with my IEM as I've long ditched my E500 & 530's. Personally for me, for iDevice mult-component rigs, the -dB balanced to Rx Mk3 is still my fav even for IEMs. The new Mk3's have further lowered gain and the hiss is less than when it was first released back last May. Personally for me too, the hiss didn't really bother me even with the ultra-sensitive FitEar TO GO! 334.
I highly prefer the -dB balanced out as opposed to SE. So just over a week back, I did compare the -dB with the Rx Mk3 vs the International with my Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 (new name for RDB+ v2). The International actually had a deeper bass impact but overall the Rx Mk3 had the bigger sound, bigger soundstage, and imaging. As I had the opportunity to move from the Rx Mk3 to the International, I actually opted to stick to the Rx Mk3. As for detail, I have to admit I didn't really focus too much on that. But I don't remember anything in that aspect glaring at me to take note of.
This wasn't that long of a test...maybe 20-30 mins and I was in the store. If I were able to bring the International home with me and compare in a more controlled environment over a longer period, the verdict may well had been different.post #1204 of 15443/13/13 at 3:18pmI have been enjoying my solo-r paired with the National. No issues. Today, I took delivery of Headamp's Pico Power as I needed more ooomph for my DT880. After hooking up the Pico to the solo, I noticed scrathiness as I turn the volume pot. I thought it was the pico. Tried an iem on low gain and with the volume beyond 9:00, the sound loses bass and sounds mono to me. I then tried my DT880 on high gain, and after 9:00, it cuts the sound. Go down on the volume and the sound comes back. This is all thinking that it may be the Pico. Took out the solor-r and just went for ipod and basic lod...the problem is gone. Would this be a symptom that other R owners have faced. I know that CL mentioned that it pairs well with the MK3 or in my case, another ALO product but it does not make sense. I don't want to be limited to a certain type or model amp. Any feedback would be appreciated.post #1205 of 15443/13/13 at 4:35pmThe problem you describe is exactly the issue many of us are having. I have the same problem wen connecting -db to pico. Email David at CL and let him know.post #1206 of 15443/13/13 at 5:45pmQuote:
Thanks. i did send an email to David. Waiting for his reply. Like I said, no problem with the National.post #1207 of 15443/13/13 at 6:32pmpost #1208 of 15443/13/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
Looks like I'm sticking with the original model, and I prefer a warmer sound anyway.post #1209 of 15443/14/13 at 5:38ampost #1210 of 15443/14/13 at 2:14pm
I am also anxiously awaiting all of the feedback/info from everyone, it would be very very awesome to link up the -R along with my amps? I unfortunaley picked up the MKII after I returned the -R to TTVJ, would have loved to hear that, if it was as good as the CLAS I would have kept the -R just cuz! but am really wanting to hear the new -R.1? will the R now stand for revision? lol, instaed of refreshed
but I will be in line to get one, I miss the -R and how it was beginning to sound really nice after some burn in! it was starting to give me the same WOW factor that I get from the CLAS now, but with its own distint sound!
thanks for all of the input! keep posting when you hear back from Cypher!post #1211 of 15443/14/13 at 4:17pm
Any news on whether there is a iPhone 5 cable to mini usb for the -dB? I could have sworn at the beginning when the -dB was being released there were commitments of a cable that would allow iPhone 5 connectionspost #1212 of 15443/15/13 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
Problematic -db Update:
Gentlemen, for those of you like me, who's -db is not functioning well with all, or some of your amps, Cypher Labs has run a new model through production to address our problems. The new units should be shipping Monday - and Cypher Labs is doing a unit swap. You need to email David at Cypher Labs to get the new one shipped to you. Please PM me if you need his email information.
The problems some of us are experiencing is that the sound gets weak, or cuts out entirely as you turn the volume pot of the amp up, which is connected to the -db.
Has anyone run into this issue feeding the -dB from a computer. Or is the issue only occurring when connected to an iDevice?post #1213 of 15443/15/13 at 6:55pmpost #1214 of 15443/16/13 at 7:32pm
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › File help please!!! 28 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 Closed Supraaural Headphone (with CC Earpads... 33 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X3 For Sale 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Selling to members with zero feedback and posts? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni for Sale 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi