I just want to point out that 32 ohms doesn't mean it is easier to drive. 600 ohms simply means more voltage swing.
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Path to take? New headphones for a kind-of-experienced headfier! Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Best" Piano/Classical full-sized headphones for 350$ or less? Last post on 8/11/11 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600 - Page 2post #16 of 224/22/11 at 2:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/22/11 at 9:22pm
My Bellari HA540 ($299) drives the Beyer DT-880 600 ohm really good. I know you say you don't like bass too much, but the bass will be nice and full with this combo in my opinion though not overwhelming. I really like the frequency balance. The treble in nice and relaxed, not too harsh and the tone warm and smooth. The Burson HA-160 amp ($699) plays them very well too, with a bit more resoloution and a tad less bass than the Bellari. Depending on your budget I think either would be a great choice.post #18 of 224/24/11 at 3:51ampost #19 of 224/24/11 at 4:11pmpost #20 of 224/24/11 at 6:02pmpost #21 of 224/26/11 at 4:01pm
Choosing a 250ohm seems to be a balanced choice between voltage and details
Quote:post #22 of 227/31/11 at 3:39amThread Starter
just Felt like updating this as I bought the DT880 600ohm and the soundcard asus Xonar Essence STX. I also try'd it with with my dads amp for his gigant speakers. The DT880 do indeed have bass, though that was more than i wanted with that amp. I'm very happy with my choice I don't regret it at all. Thanks for all the help :D
- Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 59 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC/AMP or Player? (Fiio X5 vs FiiO E17k) 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 4 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2