I just want to point out that 32 ohms doesn't mean it is easier to drive. 600 ohms simply means more voltage swing.
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Path to take? New headphones for a kind-of-experienced headfier! Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Best" Piano/Classical full-sized headphones for 350$ or less? Last post on 8/11/11 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600 - Page 2post #16 of 224/22/11 at 2:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/22/11 at 9:22pm
My Bellari HA540 ($299) drives the Beyer DT-880 600 ohm really good. I know you say you don't like bass too much, but the bass will be nice and full with this combo in my opinion though not overwhelming. I really like the frequency balance. The treble in nice and relaxed, not too harsh and the tone warm and smooth. The Burson HA-160 amp ($699) plays them very well too, with a bit more resoloution and a tad less bass than the Bellari. Depending on your budget I think either would be a great choice.post #18 of 224/24/11 at 3:51ampost #19 of 224/24/11 at 4:11pmpost #20 of 224/24/11 at 6:02pmpost #21 of 224/26/11 at 4:01pm
Choosing a 250ohm seems to be a balanced choice between voltage and details
Quote:post #22 of 227/31/11 at 3:39amThread Starter
just Felt like updating this as I bought the DT880 600ohm and the soundcard asus Xonar Essence STX. I also try'd it with with my dads amp for his gigant speakers. The DT880 do indeed have bass, though that was more than i wanted with that amp. I'm very happy with my choice I don't regret it at all. Thanks for all the help :D
- Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Member Introductions thread 23 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 31 seconds ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Pico DAC/Amp - Silver, Brand New, Australia 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR80e - brand new, no box 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › BNIB Sennheiser CS 3.00 Red Earbuds/IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Westone 3 Unique Melody Customs Reshell (damaged driver - right ear) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2