I just want to point out that 32 ohms doesn't mean it is easier to drive. 600 ohms simply means more voltage swing.
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Path to take? New headphones for a kind-of-experienced headfier! Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Best" Piano/Classical full-sized headphones for 350$ or less? Last post on 8/11/11 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600 - Page 2post #16 of 224/22/11 at 2:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/22/11 at 9:22pm
My Bellari HA540 ($299) drives the Beyer DT-880 600 ohm really good. I know you say you don't like bass too much, but the bass will be nice and full with this combo in my opinion though not overwhelming. I really like the frequency balance. The treble in nice and relaxed, not too harsh and the tone warm and smooth. The Burson HA-160 amp ($699) plays them very well too, with a bit more resoloution and a tad less bass than the Bellari. Depending on your budget I think either would be a great choice.post #18 of 224/24/11 at 3:51ampost #19 of 224/24/11 at 4:11pmpost #20 of 224/24/11 at 6:02pmpost #21 of 224/26/11 at 4:01pm
Choosing a 250ohm seems to be a balanced choice between voltage and details
Quote:post #22 of 227/31/11 at 3:39amThread Starter
just Felt like updating this as I bought the DT880 600ohm and the soundcard asus Xonar Essence STX. I also try'd it with with my dads amp for his gigant speakers. The DT880 do indeed have bass, though that was more than i wanted with that amp. I'm very happy with my choice I don't regret it at all. Thanks for all the help :D
- Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 8 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Good, cheap starter USB DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3