I just want to point out that 32 ohms doesn't mean it is easier to drive. 600 ohms simply means more voltage swing.
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Path to take? New headphones for a kind-of-experienced headfier! Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- "Best" Piano/Classical full-sized headphones for 350$ or less? Last post on 8/11/11 at 10:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600 - Page 2post #16 of 224/22/11 at 2:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/22/11 at 9:22pm
My Bellari HA540 ($299) drives the Beyer DT-880 600 ohm really good. I know you say you don't like bass too much, but the bass will be nice and full with this combo in my opinion though not overwhelming. I really like the frequency balance. The treble in nice and relaxed, not too harsh and the tone warm and smooth. The Burson HA-160 amp ($699) plays them very well too, with a bit more resoloution and a tad less bass than the Bellari. Depending on your budget I think either would be a great choice.post #18 of 224/24/11 at 3:51ampost #19 of 224/24/11 at 4:11pmpost #20 of 224/24/11 at 6:02pmpost #21 of 224/26/11 at 4:01pm
Choosing a 250ohm seems to be a balanced choice between voltage and details
Quote:post #22 of 227/31/11 at 3:39amThread Starter
just Felt like updating this as I bought the DT880 600ohm and the soundcard asus Xonar Essence STX. I also try'd it with with my dads amp for his gigant speakers. The DT880 do indeed have bass, though that was more than i wanted with that amp. I'm very happy with my choice I don't regret it at all. Thanks for all the help :D
- Does this amp match Beyer Dynamic DT880-600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › How does the Warranty work in the US, legally speaking? Can a... 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...