Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable - Page 64

post #946 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]eep View Post


No really? Don't we all?
BTW I didn't mean get a hold of you. biggrin.gif
I just ordered an extra album to finish up a backorder... kinda like a chainsmoking nicotine addict.

You nailed it - kinda like a vinyl junkie addict explained to the masses with a term anyone can understand.

post #947 of 3647

Just sprung for a Pro-ject Debut Carbon TT, Vincent Audio Pho-8 phonostage, Furman power conditioner and some other goodies. The preamp and power conditioner are coming in today. Loving the Pro-ject TT. Impressions of the Pho-8 will be coming soon! Pics as well :)


Edited by Randall DZM - 11/30/12 at 3:33pm
post #948 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

Just sprung for a Pro-ject Debut Carbon TT, Vincent Audio Pho-8 phonostage, Furman power conditioner and some other goodies. The preamp and power conditioner are coming in today. Loving the Pro-ject TT. Impressions of the Pho-8 will be coming soon! Pics as well smily_headphones1.gif

Good choice on the PHO 8. Really enjoy mine. Remember to avoid stacking the boxes or honestly don't even put them next to each other. The PSU close to the output will give you lots of hum.

I put mine on opposite sides of my TT.
post #949 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


Good choice on the PHO 8. Really enjoy mine. Remember to avoid stacking the boxes or honestly don't even put them next to each other. The PSU close to the output will give you lots of hum.
I put mine on opposite sides of my TT.

Hmm I was planning on that, thanks for the advice though :) The cables are a decent length and should reach no problem yeah? 

post #950 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall DZM View Post

Hmm I was planning on that, thanks for the advice though smily_headphones1.gif The cables are a decent length and should reach no problem yeah? 

Yeah. Your outputs can go next to your phono cables and the 5 pin power cable it comes with is plenty long for the PSU to go anywhere far enough away.
post #951 of 3647

Found this is my stack.

 

Ha!

 

 

700

 

 

700

post #952 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

I went back and forth on it quite a bit, but found the PopMarket deal for $299 and couldn't resist.
OMG
Thats a lot of money for music that old. But then again, I own the album in your avatar /name on LP and cherish it for years and years. rolleyes.gif
It seems I'm not his only fan left (h#ll no).
post #953 of 3647

As promised, here are some snaps of my new Clearaudio Concept table. Enjoy!

 

First, the table spinning my beloved Harvest (German) copy of Book of Taliesyn:

 

700

 

 

Second, a closeup of the tonearm mount. The magnetic "floating" style tonearm creeped me out at first. OK, it still creeps me out a little.

 

700

 

 

Finally, the Concept atop my Solidsteel rack.

 

700

 

 

From top to bottom: Clearaudio Concept, Schiit Gungnir, Bryston BHA-1 (with Q > LCD-3 attached), Liquid Fire, Oppo BDP-95.

post #954 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]eep View Post


OMG
Thats a lot of money for music that old. But then again, I own the album in your avatar /name on LP and cherish it for years and years. rolleyes.gif
It seems I'm not his only fan left (h#ll no).

 

Agreed, it's pretty ridiculous. That said, it's going rate (or better) for 180g vinyl these days, and I've read that the pressings in the Who box are quite good. We shall see.

 

As for Olias... a desert island disc for me, and truly a piece of music that must be enjoyed on LP, if for no other reason than the story not making sense without the densely packed gatefold in front of you for reference. Personally, I'm enjoying both Jon's recent work and latter-day Yes.

post #955 of 3647

There is something about the Concept's looks that bug me. I can't seem to put my finger on it. It's quite a nice TT though sound wise. Good choice. 

 

I went through quite a few LPs today myself.

post #956 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

There is something about the Concept's looks that bug me. I can't seem to put my finger on it. It's quite a nice TT though sound wise. Good choice. 

 

I went through quite a few LPs today myself.

 

That was something I kind of agonized over, but decided to give the Concept a whirl. It's certainly night and day from my cherry P5 with the "picture frame" trim.

 

On the other hand, with that silver finish, I think it'll look great above my Schiit stack when the Mjolnir arrives on Thursday.

post #957 of 3647

You're going a bit amp crazy aren't you? :D

 

Not that that's a bad thing I suppose. 

 

I think you'll come to the same conclusion I did and like the BHA-1 over Mjolnir (even though THOR'S HAMMER is obviously the best name ever). 

 

Still hoping to end up with a Notthingham system someday, but that's a ways off. My Scout will do just fine for now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

 

That was something I kind of agonized over, but decided to give the Concept a whirl. It's certainly night and day from my cherry P5 with the "picture frame" trim.

 

On the other hand, with that silver finish, I think it'll look great above my Schiit stack when the Mjolnir arrives on Thursday.

post #958 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

You're going a bit amp crazy aren't you? :D

 

Not that that's a bad thing I suppose. 

 

I think you'll come to the same conclusion I did and like the BHA-1 over Mjolnir (even though THOR'S HAMMER is obviously the best name ever). 

 

Still hoping to end up with a Notthingham system someday, but that's a ways off. My Scout will do just fine for now.

 

 

Yes, though hopefully it's a temporary insanity. rolleyes.gif

 

I'm quite happy with the BHA-1, and hope it wins out because of the added flexibility it brings over the Mjolnir, but... well, you know, I just HAVE TO KNOW which I like better.

post #959 of 3647

We did the comparison in Dallas a couple of months ago and almost everyone picked the BHA-1. It was just cleaner and clearer. We had it paired with the same DAC, too. 

 

Look forward to hearing what you think.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

 

Yes, though hopefully it's a temporary insanity. rolleyes.gif

 

I'm quite happy with the BHA-1, and hope it wins out because of the added flexibility it brings over the Mjolnir, but... well, you know, I just HAVE TO KNOW which I like better.

post #960 of 3647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

We did the comparison in Dallas a couple of months ago and almost everyone picked the BHA-1. It was just cleaner and clearer. We had it paired with the same DAC, too. 

 

Look forward to hearing what you think.

 

 

I believe I've seen the (very helpful) write-up from that comparison -- thanks for that! Final score was 5-2 with some price-related abstentions, correct?

 

Back to the new deck. I don't really want to comment on SQ yet with table that's hours old, but I'm spinning Steeleye Span's Parcel of Rogues at the moment -- an album I know well -- and I'm enjoying it more than ever. I am optimistic.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable