Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable - Page 194

post #2896 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

Finally got the new Turntable set up....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great album choice.

Thanks! It is an all time favorite.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2897 of 3362
Quote:

Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

 

Janos is amazing....It'll be worth the wait.  I think I'll name the TT 32 Red....;)

 

I have the CD. My real aim :wink_face: is to increase the number of 45rpm LPs I have. Due to expense, this can take awhile. But the more '"45s" I have, the easier it will be to play them before changing the belt/speed back to 33-1/3.

post #2898 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

 

Janos is amazing....It'll be worth the wait.  I think I'll name the TT 32 Red....;)

 

I have the CD. My real aim :wink_face: is to increase the number of 45rpm LPs I have. Due to expense, this can take awhile. But the more '"45s" I have, the easier it will be to play them before changing the belt/speed back to 33-1/3.

Nice part of the VPI is changing the belt is really easy.

post #2899 of 3362
Quote:

Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

 

Nice part of the VPI is changing the belt is really easy.

This is true on my end too, but... :D :rolleyes:

post #2900 of 3362

Nice thing about the Rega RP6 is all you have to do is push a button.:evil:

post #2901 of 3362

:angry_face:

 

Really though, the belt change is just another part of ceremony I suppose...

post #2902 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:angry_face:

 

Really though, the belt change is just another part of ceremony I suppose...

I agree but I don't miss that particular part.  Last time I changed belts for speed was my AR ES-1.  I sold it to a friend in Nawlins and a little later, Katrina got it.  Sniff.  

 

Sad head-fier.

post #2903 of 3362

 

I just thought it was a sweet photo! 

post #2904 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:angry_face:

 

Really though, the belt change is just another part of ceremony I suppose...

The belt change is something I can do without. It is kind of re-occuring with my interest in Tesla NC470/NAD5120 turntable. *If* you are lucky its belt "speed derailleur"

works, if not, you've got ceremony with benefits :rolleyes:...

 

Heretic:evil: for most of the traditionalists, I know - but my aim is to make a TT that is next to as easy to operate as a CD player - remote control :veryevil:included !


Edited by analogsurviver - 2/21/14 at 4:10pm
post #2905 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by morserotonin View Post
 

 

I just thought it was a sweet photo! 

Will Soundsmith EVER run out of variation on the basic Bang & Olufsen theme ?

 

Regardless, it IS a sweet photo !

post #2906 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post
 

Heretic:evil: for most of the traditionalists, I know - but my aim is to make a TT that is next to as easy to operate as a CD player - remote control :veryevil:included !

SL-10 with remote? :D

post #2907 of 3362

I was reviewing the cart... very nice, but I prefer Soundsmith's DL-103 modification personally.

post #2908 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbaked View Post
 

SL-10 with remote? :D

The following tables all have one common feature: track programming! Purrfect:wink_face: for adding remote !

 

First generation:

 

Try SL-15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MU5tAdAzgs,

 

SL-6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpLHjzOtac4

 

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fy5tyhy96Y

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NGuaFinLg

sound from preamp, not camera crap - YEAH, SL linear trackers ARE that solid in sound !

 

SL-QL15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbPZS_plN9A

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqL0McEqcA

 

Second generation ( perfect start/end of song - EVERY TIME, even on off center pressed records )

 

 SL-J3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVHbBidjqBg

 

SL-J33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW2-0FThULY

 

Track programming for 8-10 songs.

 

Then, there were punk compilations with 15 second (on average) "songs" - and "godzillion" of tracks per side :atsmile:.

That is ( fortunately?) beyond  the capabilities of Technics' programmable tables...


Edited by analogsurviver - 2/21/14 at 4:49pm
post #2909 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 
 

I agree but I don't miss that particular part.  Last time I changed belts for speed was my AR ES-1.  I sold it to a friend in Nawlins and a little later, Katrina got it.  Sniff.  

 

Sad head-fier.

:eek:

:wink_face: Well, better to lose consumer goodies than human life.

post #2910 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:eek:

:wink_face: Well, better to lose consumer goodies than human life.

+1.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable