Would this be a good time to suggest a reboot for this thread? Almost 9000 posts, would be nice to have like a compilation of people's findings or something like that on post 1.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 4/25/13 at 2:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8732 of 87357/22/13 at 10:22pmPut away the bics...this is it. I want to apologize to each and everyone of you for this rant. I want you to know I tried, I really tried. I've been doing this for a very long time. My patience for some here has worn out. Sorry to the rest of you.
Truths IMHO: this lyr amp is great, it punchs well over it weight limit. The Voskhod '70s are amazing tubes (not selling anything here), but there are other great tubes as well. And you don't have to spend $200 for them.
From the heart Enjoy and have fun. Bye.
Edited by rb2013 - 7/22/13 at 10:31pmpost #8733 of 87357/22/13 at 11:05pmpost #8734 of 87357/22/13 at 11:47pmQuote:
Though I've deleted a couple of pages of the bickering, I reckon you should start a new thread and update the first (and/or a wiki/article) in this manner, so I'm going to leave it locked.
Once you've created a new thread, PM me the URL and I'll add it here.
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 43 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › 3rd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 1st, 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)