Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 500  

post #7486 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post


My limited exposure to the Russian tubes was a V shaped signature. Is this at all true of the 'Voshkod'?

The 6n23 Voshkod Rockets have a very unique upside down "flying saucer" getter.  I have never seen a getter like that in any other tube.  They are also made of exceptionally thick glass and are quite heavy.  The "Rocket" logo on mine is almost imperceptible.  You have to look at them under a strong light.

 

Stay away from the Russian Reflectors with a blue 'OTK' stamp - they suck.  Also for any of the 6n1s.

post #7487 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2013 View Post

The 6n23 Voshkod Rockets have a very unique upside down "flying saucer" getter.  I have never seen a getter like that in any other tube.  They are also made of exceptionally thick glass and are quite heavy.  The "Rocket" logo on mine is almost imperceptible.  You have to look at them under a strong light.

 

Stay away from the Russian Reflectors with a blue 'OTK' stamp - they suck.  Also for any of the 6n1s.


Just bought three with 1977 date stamps on E-bay for $24!~  How sick is that!!! That's $24 for ALL three

 

And another 10pc all the same 1980 date codes for $69!!~


Edited by rb2013 - 5/29/13 at 7:13am
post #7488 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post


My limited exposure to the Russian tubes was a V shaped signature. Is this at all true of the 'Voshkod'?


What's nice both my Bada Amps use the 6922 as well!

 

When I first got these amps - I did a years worth of tube rolling.  Bought every 6dj8/6922/7302/CCa I could find, and back then they were more plentiful and much cheaper. Wound up selling all my S& H CCa gray and silver shield for a small fortune (but wish I kept them, as prices have almost doubled since!).  The grays were slightly better then the rockets in some ways - not worth the cost.  Especially when one S&H CCa died on me.

 

Notice those very sweet Toshiba MOSFET outputs on each side - runs in class A until 30 watts then biases over to A/B.  Dual massive Toroidal trannies for each channel and a dedicated R-core transformer for the 6922 tube class A, no feedback, pre-amp section.  Nice design!


Edited by rb2013 - 5/29/13 at 7:12am
post #7489 of 8735

I'm selling a whole bunch of my tubes to make space for more tube rolling, anyone that is new and would like to dive in to the world of tube rolling these are ideal.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665822/schiit-lyr-tubes-job-lot

 

Some very good glass in there!

post #7490 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post


Ditto. Recycler here as well. beerchug.gif

 

I'm seldom a seller, except after those rare times that my wife peeks in my tube drawer. wink_face.gif

 

Must resist the temptation ..... no difficulty points ......

post #7491 of 8735

Hey guys!

 

Tubemonger sent this to me and I thought I would share it with you...

 

"No association with the seller but the price is good:


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seven-E88CC-6DJ8-Amperex-branded-tubes-to-choose-from-NOS-tested-on-Hickok-/261221441444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cd202dfa4"

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends
 


Edited by HK_sends - 5/29/13 at 6:27pm
post #7492 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post


Ditto. Recycler here as well. beerchug.gif

I'm seldom a seller, except after those rare times that my wife peeks in my tube drawer. wink_face.gif


Hide them!!!
post #7493 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

 

Must resist the temptation ..... no difficulty points ......


I know...I know. biggrin.gif

 

Just trying to be accurate, as I really do keep them in a drawer.

 

beerchug.gif

post #7494 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post


I know...I know. biggrin.gif

Just trying to be accurate, as I really do keep them in a drawer.

beerchug.gif

I keep mine in a drawer too. Uh . . . Actually three drawers.
post #7495 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Scott Ireland View Post


I keep mine in a drawer too. Uh . . . Actually three drawers.


Well, it IS a big drawer. wink_face.gif

 

Been meaning to ask...What's your fav tube with the Lyr and HD800?

post #7496 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post


Well, it IS a big drawer. wink_face.gif

Been meaning to ask...What's your fav tube with the Lyr and HD800?

So far it is the Siemens & Halske CCa with grey plates. But I haven't yet rolled through all my tubes. Although I can't imagine anything sounding better!
post #7497 of 8735
Hi guys, gonna start tube rolling with lyr after using the stock Ge tubes for a few months. Any suggestions for tubes around 100-150?
post #7498 of 8735
post #7499 of 8735

The O-getters sound pretty nice, mine are circa 1961:)

post #7500 of 8735
Trying to find the right tube to pair with He400, to lessen bright treble. For instance the drums on some recordings sound too sharp. Currently using Telefunken 6922, and these aren't addressing this issue. I read maybe Siemens or Amperex 6dj8. Thanks for any tips
Edited by Zuckfun - 5/30/13 at 12:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread