Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 458  

post #6856 of 8735

I am nervously awaiting everyones review of the RTC's

 

I hope ya'll like them.

post #6857 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceleratus View Post

I am nervously awaiting everyones review of the RTC's

 

I hope ya'll like them.

Just keep an eye out for people at your door with torches and a nasty disposition...very_evil_smiley.gif

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #6858 of 8735

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lorenz-Stuttgart-3-Mica-ECC85-match-pair-E88CC-ECC88-PCC88-6DJ8-7DJ8-6922-CCa-/190831479793?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Valves_Vacuum_Tubes&hash=item2c6e714bf1

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown.gif

 

Oh well...

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

 

Did you ever have one of THOSE days?


Edited by HK_sends - 4/27/13 at 5:02pm
post #6859 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

 

 

I feel your pain, I've been there...

 

Don't feel too bad, there will be other tubes, other deals.  beerchug.gif


beerchug.gif

post #6860 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lorenz-Stuttgart-3-Mica-ECC85-match-pair-E88CC-ECC88-PCC88-6DJ8-7DJ8-6922-CCa-/190831479793?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Valves_Vacuum_Tubes&hash=item2c6e714bf1

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown.gif

 

Oh well...

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

 

Did you ever have one of THOSE days?

 

Those are mine, i don't hope to get anywhere near the asking price though, it's more a tactic to make people think "wait a minute, what are these?" and do some research.

 

If i got near £100 i'd be happy popcorn.gif

 

I'm getting itchy tube rolling fingers again...

post #6861 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

 

Those are mine, i don't hope to get anywhere near the asking price though, it's more a tactic to make people think "wait a minute, what are these?" and do some research.

 

If i got near £100 i'd be happy popcorn.gif

 

I'm getting itchy tube rolling fingers again...

The "ARGH!" was from the fact that I spent all my extra cash on tubes already. wink_face.gif

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #6862 of 8735

Interesting.

 

Tubemonger seems to like date codes when they work in his favor.

 

 

Following the usual Philips Codes.

 

The tubes in his ad are listed as MINT NOS Rare 1961 Mullard CV4035

And the etched date code is "BoxSlash" "1" "3" "3"   meaning

A Mullard Whyteleafe “A” plant

1961

March

3rd week.

 

Yet, If you look at the yellow box behind the tube in his photo it says "1971"

http://www.tubemonger.com/Mullard_CV4035_NOS_NIB_1961_Prem_CV4004_Whyteleafe_p/2050mz.htm

 

What decade is the "1" from ?

 

 

On April 20th I wrote Brent Jessee asking about the silk screen codes on the RTC's.  Here is his reply:

 

Hi,

 

Thanks for your request.  The 7612 is actually the date the label was printed, 12th week of 1976!  These tubes were in storage for 10 years before RTC purchased them, or else RTC had them in storage for 10 years before putting the label on.  The large halo getter was discontinued about 1969 so these are 1965 or 1966 tubes.

 

I have a matched pair with the green RTC label like yours, with the numbers 7547 and 7637, so it looks like RTC was using up their 1960s stock during the 1970s, as Heerlen was not producing these tubes by that time.  Mine are 1964 and 1965 stock.  I also have a matched pair with the white RTC label, and the number 7714, and they are 1966 stock.

 

Either one of these pairs are $350.00 USD plus shipping, tested, and guaranteed.

 

So we'll let Tubemonger and Brent duke it out as to what decade valves with Philips codes were made.

 

 

post #6863 of 8735

OK, unfortunately the Bugle Boy Small Man tubes I was trying are having noise issues.  I'm not gonna rank these tubes based on non-working samples.

 

Now I'm gonna start burning-in my "safety" pair of Orange Globes...

post #6864 of 8735

Without seeing all the data on the boxes and the tubes, I would hesitate to make a call...

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #6865 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

OK, unfortunately the Bugle Boy Small Man tubes I was trying are having noise issues.  I'm not gonna rank these tubes based on non-working samples.

 

Now I'm gonna start burning-in my "safety" pair of Orange Globes...

That sucks!  Are they noisy with dampers on them?

 

-HK sends

post #6866 of 8735

post #6867 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceleratus View Post


Is that your next tubes?  I thought you're stop buy tubes?  blink.gif

post #6868 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

That sucks!  Are they noisy with dampers on them?

 

-HK sends

Yeah, I always have dampers on...

post #6869 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceleratus View Post

And Tubemonger did request I pass on this reply:

 

 
- Read the listing carefully. "*TC date code corresponds to the acceptance year of 1962, but the tubes are from 1961 production. Various stock dates on gummed ROAC and REME labels on boxes are from later dates and NOT the production date."
 
1971 labels are from periodic REME inspection. There are labels are even from later date. Whyteleafe plant cease production in 1960s anyways."
 
I don't think anyone has any nefarious intent; it's all part of good folks helping good folks.  Let's be thankful that we aren't left to our own devices or we'd all be in a pickle...
 
Cheers!beerchug.gif
-HK sends
post #6870 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

Yeah, I always have dampers on...

Yeah, me too.  You did say "dampers", not "diapers" didn't you...?wink_face.gif

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread