Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 444  

post #6646 of 8735

While I was just on Amazon, I saw that you can order the Lyr from Big River now!  They're actually being sold by Audio Advisor through Amazon.

 

Go Schiit! 

post #6647 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

 

 

Apparently not!  I did an eBay search for  Lorenze ecc85 Stuttgart, there weren't too many hits...

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lorenz-ECC85-6AQ8-Tests-Excellent-Made-in-Germany-/111027091574?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item19d9baf876

 

Thats the only one on ebay.

post #6648 of 8735

These have arrived AMPEREX BUGLE BOY 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1961 LARGE O GET... will check them out when I get home:)

post #6649 of 8735

 

 

And one is one too few...

post #6650 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410 View Post

These have arrived AMPEREX BUGLE BOY 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1961 LARGE O GET... will check them out when I get home:)

 

Gonna be a good night! beerchug.gif  cool.gif

post #6651 of 8735

Speaking of great nights, I've got some rolling ahead of me too!

 

Just arrived, some Amperex USN-6922 D Getters, thanks to sceleratus! Thanks Luke, you rock! beerchug.gif

 

And a pair of Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boy "Small Man" Large O Getters.

 

What to roll in first?


Edited by nelamvr6 - 4/22/13 at 2:34pm
post #6652 of 8735
I have a pair from '61...not very special, and a bit microphonic. I found the Brimars much nicer. Also very nice are the Japanese made 6BZ7...very quiet and great soundstage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

Anyone tried Sylvania 6BZ7/6BQ7A tubes? Sylvania made some of the best 6SN7 tubes so maybe they did well with these too?

They seem to be very cheap too.
post #6653 of 8735

I decided to roll in the USN-6922 D Getters.  I listened when I first turned them on, and they sound pretty nice right out of the box.  Did these already have some hours on them sceleratus?

post #6654 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

Speaking of great nights, I've got some rolling ahead of me too!

 

Just arrived, some Amperex USN-6922 D Getters, thanks to sceleratus! Thanks Luke, you rock! beerchug.gif

 

And a pair of Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boy "Small Man" Large O Getters.

 

What to roll in first?

Decisions,decisions:)

post #6655 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410 View Post

These have arrived AMPEREX BUGLE BOY 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1961 LARGE O GET... will check them out when I get home:)

My Orange Globes have landed as well!

post #6656 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410 View Post

My Orange Globes have landed as well!

They sound pretty awesome, listening to a SA-CD right now:)

post #6657 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410 View Post

They sound pretty awesome, listening to a SA-CD right now:)

 

 

You're in Head-Fi heaven now! biggrin.gif

 

The Bugle Boys sound awesome too, but I think I like the OGs just a bit better.  Better bass for one thing, but not by much...

post #6658 of 8735

These USN 6922 D Getters are starting to sound pretty sweet!  When I first powered them up the treble was a bit congested, it's opening up nicely now.

post #6659 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410 View Post

These have arrived AMPEREX BUGLE BOY 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1961 LARGE O GET... will check them out when I get home:)

 

I ordered these as well so very curious. How are the condition of the tubes and labels?

post #6660 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

 

 

You're in Head-Fi heaven now! biggrin.gif

 

The Bugle Boys sound awesome too, but I think I like the OGs just a bit better.  Better bass for one thing, but not by much...

Yeah Im digging the globes:)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread