I'm going with the Dialogue Premium Integrated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 442post #6616 of 87354/21/13 at 2:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 87354/21/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Cary makes some really nice stuff too!
Unfortunately it's not too easy to audition this stuff personally anymore.
I've been able to hear some Primaluna stuff, so that's the way I'm going. Plus, as you mentioned, Primaluna amps are a bit cheaper.post #6618 of 87354/21/13 at 9:47ampost #6619 of 87354/21/13 at 10:04ampost #6620 of 87354/21/13 at 10:32ampost #6621 of 87354/21/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
The crack stuff looks like it could be fun. I was looking at the 2a3/stereomour version which can be adapted for headphones (check the forums). I would check that one out Sceleratus, the 45 adaptation plus headphone mod might be a challenge but bound to be the best sounding rig possible. The 45 sounds amazing through speakers, I bet headphones would be marvelous.
It'll be hard to get buy-in from management on that.post #6622 of 87354/21/13 at 12:37pmpost #6623 of 87354/21/13 at 1:30pmpost #6624 of 87354/21/13 at 3:04pmpost #6625 of 87354/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #6626 of 87354/21/13 at 7:45pm
The stock GEs are really not bad tubes. Just be sure to give them time to burn in. If you look around you can get some RCA 6BZ7s that are really inexpensive and a little better than the GEs.
Here's an eBay listing for 5 of them for $16: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-VacuumTubes-6BQ7A-6BZ7-6BS8-RCA-5-pieces-NOS-NIB-/130772580710?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e72a73966post #6627 of 87354/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6628 of 87354/22/13 at 12:41am
I found a motherlode of free tube related literature tonight for anyone interested.
I feel like I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks with this page - http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm.post #6629 of 87354/22/13 at 4:32ampost #6630 of 87354/22/13 at 6:31am
So much for holding off and letting the bank balance recover before buying some more tubes for my new Lyr.....just had an offer accepted on a pair of 1961 Bugle Boys! Thanks again for the recommendation nelamvr6 - looking forward to trying them out
I was warned not to enter this thread. I can see why some of the guys said it was a slippery slope as I've only gone and bought a pair of the Brimar 6BQ7A ilikepooters mentioned too. Due to the low value they should be customs friendly and they sounded interesting, so I figured why not?
The mad thing is I've only used the stock GE's for about 12 hours and I already have 2 more sets in the post.....the GE's actually sound pretty good to my ears once they've warmed up. Out of interest how much burn in time do they usually need before they're at their best?
Edited by jellofund - 4/22/13 at 6:35am
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Clash of the not-quite Titans! (ATH-M50X vs DT770 vs DT250 vs... 3 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 43 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 51 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Wharfedale Diamond 220 Bookshelf Speakers 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2