I'm going with the Dialogue Premium Integrated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 4/25/13 at 2:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 442post #6616 of 87354/21/13 at 2:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 87354/21/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Cary makes some really nice stuff too!
Unfortunately it's not too easy to audition this stuff personally anymore.
I've been able to hear some Primaluna stuff, so that's the way I'm going. Plus, as you mentioned, Primaluna amps are a bit cheaper.post #6618 of 87354/21/13 at 9:47ampost #6619 of 87354/21/13 at 10:04ampost #6620 of 87354/21/13 at 10:32ampost #6621 of 87354/21/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
The crack stuff looks like it could be fun. I was looking at the 2a3/stereomour version which can be adapted for headphones (check the forums). I would check that one out Sceleratus, the 45 adaptation plus headphone mod might be a challenge but bound to be the best sounding rig possible. The 45 sounds amazing through speakers, I bet headphones would be marvelous.
It'll be hard to get buy-in from management on that.post #6622 of 87354/21/13 at 12:37pmpost #6623 of 87354/21/13 at 1:30pmpost #6624 of 87354/21/13 at 3:04pmpost #6625 of 87354/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #6626 of 87354/21/13 at 7:45pm
The stock GEs are really not bad tubes. Just be sure to give them time to burn in. If you look around you can get some RCA 6BZ7s that are really inexpensive and a little better than the GEs.
Here's an eBay listing for 5 of them for $16: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-VacuumTubes-6BQ7A-6BZ7-6BS8-RCA-5-pieces-NOS-NIB-/130772580710?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e72a73966post #6627 of 87354/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6628 of 87354/22/13 at 12:41am
I found a motherlode of free tube related literature tonight for anyone interested.
I feel like I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks with this page - http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm.post #6629 of 87354/22/13 at 4:32ampost #6630 of 87354/22/13 at 6:31am
So much for holding off and letting the bank balance recover before buying some more tubes for my new Lyr.....just had an offer accepted on a pair of 1961 Bugle Boys! Thanks again for the recommendation nelamvr6 - looking forward to trying them out
I was warned not to enter this thread. I can see why some of the guys said it was a slippery slope as I've only gone and bought a pair of the Brimar 6BQ7A ilikepooters mentioned too. Due to the low value they should be customs friendly and they sounded interesting, so I figured why not?
The mad thing is I've only used the stock GE's for about 12 hours and I already have 2 more sets in the post.....the GE's actually sound pretty good to my ears once they've warmed up. Out of interest how much burn in time do they usually need before they're at their best?
Edited by jellofund - 4/22/13 at 6:35am
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 36 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 55 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › CD-R Question 2 minutes ago
- › Stax Lambda Nova Signature in very good condition 2 minutes ago
- › The Noble PR (pure / reference) Australian Tour Thread (Reviews and... 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 10 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)