I'm going with the Dialogue Premium Integrated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 442post #6616 of 87354/21/13 at 2:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 87354/21/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Cary makes some really nice stuff too!
Unfortunately it's not too easy to audition this stuff personally anymore.
I've been able to hear some Primaluna stuff, so that's the way I'm going. Plus, as you mentioned, Primaluna amps are a bit cheaper.post #6618 of 87354/21/13 at 9:47ampost #6619 of 87354/21/13 at 10:04ampost #6620 of 87354/21/13 at 10:32ampost #6621 of 87354/21/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
The crack stuff looks like it could be fun. I was looking at the 2a3/stereomour version which can be adapted for headphones (check the forums). I would check that one out Sceleratus, the 45 adaptation plus headphone mod might be a challenge but bound to be the best sounding rig possible. The 45 sounds amazing through speakers, I bet headphones would be marvelous.
It'll be hard to get buy-in from management on that.post #6622 of 87354/21/13 at 12:37pmpost #6623 of 87354/21/13 at 1:30pmpost #6624 of 87354/21/13 at 3:04pmpost #6625 of 87354/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #6626 of 87354/21/13 at 7:45pm
The stock GEs are really not bad tubes. Just be sure to give them time to burn in. If you look around you can get some RCA 6BZ7s that are really inexpensive and a little better than the GEs.
Here's an eBay listing for 5 of them for $16: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-VacuumTubes-6BQ7A-6BZ7-6BS8-RCA-5-pieces-NOS-NIB-/130772580710?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e72a73966post #6627 of 87354/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6628 of 87354/22/13 at 12:41am
I found a motherlode of free tube related literature tonight for anyone interested.
I feel like I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks with this page - http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm.post #6629 of 87354/22/13 at 4:32ampost #6630 of 87354/22/13 at 6:31am
So much for holding off and letting the bank balance recover before buying some more tubes for my new Lyr.....just had an offer accepted on a pair of 1961 Bugle Boys! Thanks again for the recommendation nelamvr6 - looking forward to trying them out
I was warned not to enter this thread. I can see why some of the guys said it was a slippery slope as I've only gone and bought a pair of the Brimar 6BQ7A ilikepooters mentioned too. Due to the low value they should be customs friendly and they sounded interesting, so I figured why not?
The mad thing is I've only used the stock GE's for about 12 hours and I already have 2 more sets in the post.....the GE's actually sound pretty good to my ears once they've warmed up. Out of interest how much burn in time do they usually need before they're at their best?
Edited by jellofund - 4/22/13 at 6:35am
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 12 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Sexiest headphones. 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 6 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3