I'm going with the Dialogue Premium Integrated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 4/25/13 at 2:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 442post #6616 of 87354/21/13 at 2:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 87354/21/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Cary makes some really nice stuff too!
Unfortunately it's not too easy to audition this stuff personally anymore.
I've been able to hear some Primaluna stuff, so that's the way I'm going. Plus, as you mentioned, Primaluna amps are a bit cheaper.post #6618 of 87354/21/13 at 9:47ampost #6619 of 87354/21/13 at 10:04ampost #6620 of 87354/21/13 at 10:32ampost #6621 of 87354/21/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
The crack stuff looks like it could be fun. I was looking at the 2a3/stereomour version which can be adapted for headphones (check the forums). I would check that one out Sceleratus, the 45 adaptation plus headphone mod might be a challenge but bound to be the best sounding rig possible. The 45 sounds amazing through speakers, I bet headphones would be marvelous.
It'll be hard to get buy-in from management on that.post #6622 of 87354/21/13 at 12:37pmpost #6623 of 87354/21/13 at 1:30pmpost #6624 of 87354/21/13 at 3:04pmpost #6625 of 87354/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #6626 of 87354/21/13 at 7:45pm
The stock GEs are really not bad tubes. Just be sure to give them time to burn in. If you look around you can get some RCA 6BZ7s that are really inexpensive and a little better than the GEs.
Here's an eBay listing for 5 of them for $16: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-VacuumTubes-6BQ7A-6BZ7-6BS8-RCA-5-pieces-NOS-NIB-/130772580710?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e72a73966post #6627 of 87354/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6628 of 87354/22/13 at 12:41am
I found a motherlode of free tube related literature tonight for anyone interested.
I feel like I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks with this page - http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm.post #6629 of 87354/22/13 at 4:32ampost #6630 of 87354/22/13 at 6:31am
So much for holding off and letting the bank balance recover before buying some more tubes for my new Lyr.....just had an offer accepted on a pair of 1961 Bugle Boys! Thanks again for the recommendation nelamvr6 - looking forward to trying them out
I was warned not to enter this thread. I can see why some of the guys said it was a slippery slope as I've only gone and bought a pair of the Brimar 6BQ7A ilikepooters mentioned too. Due to the low value they should be customs friendly and they sounded interesting, so I figured why not?
The mad thing is I've only used the stock GE's for about 12 hours and I already have 2 more sets in the post.....the GE's actually sound pretty good to my ears once they've warmed up. Out of interest how much burn in time do they usually need before they're at their best?
Edited by jellofund - 4/22/13 at 6:35am
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 12 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 33 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Takstar Hi2050 *First Impressions* 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2