I'm going with the Dialogue Premium Integrated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 442post #6616 of 87354/21/13 at 2:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 87354/21/13 at 2:52amQuote:
Cary makes some really nice stuff too!
Unfortunately it's not too easy to audition this stuff personally anymore.
I've been able to hear some Primaluna stuff, so that's the way I'm going. Plus, as you mentioned, Primaluna amps are a bit cheaper.post #6618 of 87354/21/13 at 9:47ampost #6619 of 87354/21/13 at 10:04ampost #6620 of 87354/21/13 at 10:32ampost #6621 of 87354/21/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by toschek
The crack stuff looks like it could be fun. I was looking at the 2a3/stereomour version which can be adapted for headphones (check the forums). I would check that one out Sceleratus, the 45 adaptation plus headphone mod might be a challenge but bound to be the best sounding rig possible. The 45 sounds amazing through speakers, I bet headphones would be marvelous.
It'll be hard to get buy-in from management on that.post #6622 of 87354/21/13 at 12:37pmpost #6623 of 87354/21/13 at 1:30pmpost #6624 of 87354/21/13 at 3:04pmpost #6625 of 87354/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #6626 of 87354/21/13 at 7:45pm
The stock GEs are really not bad tubes. Just be sure to give them time to burn in. If you look around you can get some RCA 6BZ7s that are really inexpensive and a little better than the GEs.
Here's an eBay listing for 5 of them for $16: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-VacuumTubes-6BQ7A-6BZ7-6BS8-RCA-5-pieces-NOS-NIB-/130772580710?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e72a73966post #6627 of 87354/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6628 of 87354/22/13 at 12:41am
I found a motherlode of free tube related literature tonight for anyone interested.
I feel like I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks with this page - http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm.post #6629 of 87354/22/13 at 4:32ampost #6630 of 87354/22/13 at 6:31am
So much for holding off and letting the bank balance recover before buying some more tubes for my new Lyr.....just had an offer accepted on a pair of 1961 Bugle Boys! Thanks again for the recommendation nelamvr6 - looking forward to trying them out
I was warned not to enter this thread. I can see why some of the guys said it was a slippery slope as I've only gone and bought a pair of the Brimar 6BQ7A ilikepooters mentioned too. Due to the low value they should be customs friendly and they sounded interesting, so I figured why not?
The mad thing is I've only used the stock GE's for about 12 hours and I already have 2 more sets in the post.....the GE's actually sound pretty good to my ears once they've warmed up. Out of interest how much burn in time do they usually need before they're at their best?
Edited by jellofund - 4/22/13 at 6:35am
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The DIY Discman Repair Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Pros and Cons of FLAC (problems seeking) 31 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › New member 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear