Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 417  

post #6241 of 8735
I have a pair of those Telefunken E88CCs. They were NIB, only taken out to cryo & test. I haven't really burned them in so I can't give you a true impression but they are probably the most liquid sounding of all the tubes I have, also the most expensive and sometimes I regret buying them.

I keep thinking I am going to sell them because in all honesty I don't want to use them in the fear I will break them or something.
post #6242 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

 

Excellent.  It sounds just a tad more impactful from my LD MK IV SE, but the lyr works nicely

 

Great, thanks for info ;)

post #6243 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

I have a pair of those Telefunken E88CCs. They were NIB, only taken out to cryo & test. I haven't really burned them in so I can't give you a true impression but they are probably the most liquid sounding of all the tubes I have, also the most expensive and sometimes I regret buying them.

I keep thinking I am going to sell them because in all honesty I don't want to use them in the fear I will break them or something.

So, what did you pay for them? I have 2 pair Telefunken 6922s and 2 pair CCa. They are my next tube roll. I buoght them 10-15 years ago. If you like tubes, just use them and keep them. They will not get any cheaper. If you put a 1000 hours on them, you have barely used them.

post #6244 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

I have a pair of those Telefunken E88CCs. They were NIB, only taken out to cryo & test. I haven't really burned them in so I can't give you a true impression but they are probably the most liquid sounding of all the tubes I have, also the most expensive and sometimes I regret buying them.

I keep thinking I am going to sell them because in all honesty I don't want to use them in the fear I will break them or something.

I know. Their like lightbulbs. Eventually they just go... POP!
post #6245 of 8735

So Siemens PCC189 arrived hour ago :) took only 3 days to arrive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh and of course they are IN!

 

 

 

 

Warming them up right now, will let u guys know on my impressions after few hours tongue_smile.gif


Edited by Flisker - 4/8/13 at 9:24am
post #6246 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

So Siemens PCC189 arrived hour ago :) took only 3 days to arrive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh and of course they are IN!

 

 

 

 

Warming them up right now, will let u guys know on my impressions after few hours tongue_smile.gif

Mine are still in transit enjoy!

post #6247 of 8735
post #6248 of 8735

 

These look like they should be pretty good for death metal biggrin.gif

 

If I would have money to spare I would buy them just because of looks.

post #6249 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

 

These look like they should be pretty good for death metal biggrin.gif

 

If I would have money to spare I would buy them just because of looks.

I'm more of a jazz man but thx for the appraisal :)

post #6250 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

So Siemens PCC189 arrived hour ago :) took only 3 days to arrive.

 

Warming them up right now, will let u guys know on my impressions after few hours tongue_smile.gif

 

It's a shame you didn't get the A-frame dimple getter version, so bass will be a bit less but still great sounding tubes.

 

 

I asked about these a few pages back, and someone said they are pretty much junk for that sort of money, only worth about a third of the price i think. You can get better tubes for the same money.

post #6251 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

 

It's a shame you didn't get the A-frame dimple getter version, so bass will be a bit less but still great sounding tubes.

 

 

I asked about these a few pages back, and someone said they are pretty much junk for that sort of money, only worth about a third of the price i think. You can get better tubes for the same money.

I really hope that isn't the case lol, you have any recommendations?

post #6252 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepooters View Post

 

It's a shame you didn't get the A-frame dimple getter version, so bass will be a bit less but still great sounding tubes.

 

 

I asked about these a few pages back, and someone said they are pretty much junk for that sort of money, only worth about a third of the price i think. You can get better tubes for the same money.

Now I'm thinking about returning them:(

post #6253 of 8735

So as for Siemens PCC189,

 

I'am sorry to say this but ... there is something wrong with mids to me on these tubes. I just don't get the same feeling as with Lorenz PCC88, they are somehow recessed or buried under mid-bass to me. Treble is actually nice and bass is also fine to me, but can't handle these mids on HD650. 

 

frown.gif

post #6254 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

So as for Siemens PCC189,

 

I'am sorry to say this but ... there is something wrong with mids to me on these tubes. I just don't get the same feeling as with Lorenz PCC88, they are somehow recessed or buried under mid-bass to me. Treble is actually nice and bass is also fine to me, but can't handle these mids on HD650. 

 

frown.gif

 

 

How much have you burned them in?  Give them at least 20 hours, at least.

post #6255 of 8735

Eh ... warmed up for around 30 minutes and than gave it a listen for 2-3 hours. Does it change significantly ? Feel like noob now smily_headphones1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread