Good amp for anything? I love the look of this amp/Bifrost stack. There not too big and they seem to perform very well. Could the Lyr/Bifrost handle all mid-fi cans? Yes, all, and I also have a O2.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 4/25/13 at 2:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 374post #5596 of 87352/28/13 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5597 of 87352/28/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
WTF they actually work. This is like the first time something like that happened. It seems like I am getting better separation too.post #5598 of 87352/28/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
I have limited experience with multiple cans. I started with HD-650's and went to LCD2's. There was nothing "wrong" with the HD-650's, I just new the LCD2's would that me to another place. If that helps.post #5599 of 87352/28/13 at 8:43pm
Yes, they can do great things for mid-fi cans. I've tried 702s, HD650 and others through mine (amp only until today). It delivers. I just got my Bifrost today and ye gods it brings the noise.post #5600 of 87352/28/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
Little things add up. But the DAC is a big one.
Every bit counts. lol Welcome to mid-fi.
I've been breaking in everything... 80hrs and counting. These tubes at 50 hrs and its like the music finally showed up. Hope the space makes a show in the next 50.post #5601 of 87352/28/13 at 10:00pm
I've gotten good impressions from other people on top you guys too, this may be my stack.. I love how small they are yet how prominent they are. Not sure if that makes sense, thats just what I thought when I saw it at a meet..post #5602 of 87352/28/13 at 10:32pmpost #5603 of 87352/28/13 at 10:37pmpost #5604 of 87353/1/13 at 4:02amQuote:
Indeed. Woke up this morning to see an e-mail from Tubemonger stating that I experienced a very rare problem and that a replacement pair is already on the way...at no charge.
Hats off to Tubemonger for the first-class service.post #5605 of 87353/1/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I stepped AWAY from the computer for 18 hours and there are 2 pages of posts to catch up on ..... if they actually show .... as a good eBay citizen, I am morally obligated to contact the seller and repay ---- which I will do ---- even though he (she? Olga?) apparently has no way to track these things.post #5606 of 87353/1/13 at 12:52pm
What with all the socket saver talk lately I had to get me a couple Plug & Play, 9-pin B9A NOVAL NOVIB Socket Saver©with Vibration Reduction Base, and Gold Plated Pins.
I can honestly say that I prefer Schitt's recessed look on the Lyr.post #5607 of 87353/1/13 at 3:49pmpost #5608 of 87353/1/13 at 7:08pmpost #5609 of 87353/1/13 at 7:19pmI've compared a lot of different 6922 tubes for my older Spoiler DAC design. By far the best tube I found was the Siemens CCA grey-plate. A pair of these is expensive, particularly strong ones. These were top performers made for the German phone company in the late 50s. They have finer grids than other tubes for superb extension. I tried these in a modded Lyr and they were great.
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 19 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 1 minute ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)