Good amp for anything? I love the look of this amp/Bifrost stack. There not too big and they seem to perform very well. Could the Lyr/Bifrost handle all mid-fi cans? Yes, all, and I also have a O2.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 374post #5596 of 87352/28/13 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5597 of 87352/28/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
WTF they actually work. This is like the first time something like that happened. It seems like I am getting better separation too.post #5598 of 87352/28/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
I have limited experience with multiple cans. I started with HD-650's and went to LCD2's. There was nothing "wrong" with the HD-650's, I just new the LCD2's would that me to another place. If that helps.post #5599 of 87352/28/13 at 8:43pm
Yes, they can do great things for mid-fi cans. I've tried 702s, HD650 and others through mine (amp only until today). It delivers. I just got my Bifrost today and ye gods it brings the noise.post #5600 of 87352/28/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
Little things add up. But the DAC is a big one.
Every bit counts. lol Welcome to mid-fi.
I've been breaking in everything... 80hrs and counting. These tubes at 50 hrs and its like the music finally showed up. Hope the space makes a show in the next 50.post #5601 of 87352/28/13 at 10:00pm
I've gotten good impressions from other people on top you guys too, this may be my stack.. I love how small they are yet how prominent they are. Not sure if that makes sense, thats just what I thought when I saw it at a meet..post #5602 of 87352/28/13 at 10:32pmpost #5603 of 87352/28/13 at 10:37pmpost #5604 of 87353/1/13 at 4:02amQuote:
Indeed. Woke up this morning to see an e-mail from Tubemonger stating that I experienced a very rare problem and that a replacement pair is already on the way...at no charge.
Hats off to Tubemonger for the first-class service.post #5605 of 87353/1/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I stepped AWAY from the computer for 18 hours and there are 2 pages of posts to catch up on ..... if they actually show .... as a good eBay citizen, I am morally obligated to contact the seller and repay ---- which I will do ---- even though he (she? Olga?) apparently has no way to track these things.post #5606 of 87353/1/13 at 12:52pm
What with all the socket saver talk lately I had to get me a couple Plug & Play, 9-pin B9A NOVAL NOVIB Socket Saver©with Vibration Reduction Base, and Gold Plated Pins.
I can honestly say that I prefer Schitt's recessed look on the Lyr.post #5607 of 87353/1/13 at 3:49pmpost #5608 of 87353/1/13 at 7:08pmpost #5609 of 87353/1/13 at 7:19pmI've compared a lot of different 6922 tubes for my older Spoiler DAC design. By far the best tube I found was the Siemens CCA grey-plate. A pair of these is expensive, particularly strong ones. These were top performers made for the German phone company in the late 50s. They have finer grids than other tubes for superb extension. I tried these in a modded Lyr and they were great.
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 24 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K7xx Limited Edition -- Like New in Box 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dither is a prime suspect 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3