Good amp for anything? I love the look of this amp/Bifrost stack. There not too big and they seem to perform very well. Could the Lyr/Bifrost handle all mid-fi cans? Yes, all, and I also have a O2.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 4/25/13 at 2:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 374post #5596 of 87352/28/13 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5597 of 87352/28/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
WTF they actually work. This is like the first time something like that happened. It seems like I am getting better separation too.post #5598 of 87352/28/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
I have limited experience with multiple cans. I started with HD-650's and went to LCD2's. There was nothing "wrong" with the HD-650's, I just new the LCD2's would that me to another place. If that helps.post #5599 of 87352/28/13 at 8:43pm
Yes, they can do great things for mid-fi cans. I've tried 702s, HD650 and others through mine (amp only until today). It delivers. I just got my Bifrost today and ye gods it brings the noise.post #5600 of 87352/28/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
Little things add up. But the DAC is a big one.
Every bit counts. lol Welcome to mid-fi.
I've been breaking in everything... 80hrs and counting. These tubes at 50 hrs and its like the music finally showed up. Hope the space makes a show in the next 50.post #5601 of 87352/28/13 at 10:00pm
I've gotten good impressions from other people on top you guys too, this may be my stack.. I love how small they are yet how prominent they are. Not sure if that makes sense, thats just what I thought when I saw it at a meet..post #5602 of 87352/28/13 at 10:32pmpost #5603 of 87352/28/13 at 10:37pmpost #5604 of 87353/1/13 at 4:02amQuote:
Indeed. Woke up this morning to see an e-mail from Tubemonger stating that I experienced a very rare problem and that a replacement pair is already on the way...at no charge.
Hats off to Tubemonger for the first-class service.post #5605 of 87353/1/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I stepped AWAY from the computer for 18 hours and there are 2 pages of posts to catch up on ..... if they actually show .... as a good eBay citizen, I am morally obligated to contact the seller and repay ---- which I will do ---- even though he (she? Olga?) apparently has no way to track these things.post #5606 of 87353/1/13 at 12:52pm
What with all the socket saver talk lately I had to get me a couple Plug & Play, 9-pin B9A NOVAL NOVIB Socket Saver©with Vibration Reduction Base, and Gold Plated Pins.
I can honestly say that I prefer Schitt's recessed look on the Lyr.post #5607 of 87353/1/13 at 3:49pmpost #5608 of 87353/1/13 at 7:08pmpost #5609 of 87353/1/13 at 7:19pmI've compared a lot of different 6922 tubes for my older Spoiler DAC design. By far the best tube I found was the Siemens CCA grey-plate. A pair of these is expensive, particularly strong ones. These were top performers made for the German phone company in the late 50s. They have finer grids than other tubes for superb extension. I tried these in a modded Lyr and they were great.
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › How many pairs of headphones do you own? 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for amplifier and speakers for my desktop 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2