Good amp for anything? I love the look of this amp/Bifrost stack. There not too big and they seem to perform very well. Could the Lyr/Bifrost handle all mid-fi cans? Yes, all, and I also have a O2.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 374post #5596 of 87352/28/13 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5597 of 87352/28/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
WTF they actually work. This is like the first time something like that happened. It seems like I am getting better separation too.post #5598 of 87352/28/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
I have limited experience with multiple cans. I started with HD-650's and went to LCD2's. There was nothing "wrong" with the HD-650's, I just new the LCD2's would that me to another place. If that helps.post #5599 of 87352/28/13 at 8:43pm
Yes, they can do great things for mid-fi cans. I've tried 702s, HD650 and others through mine (amp only until today). It delivers. I just got my Bifrost today and ye gods it brings the noise.post #5600 of 87352/28/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
Little things add up. But the DAC is a big one.
Every bit counts. lol Welcome to mid-fi.
I've been breaking in everything... 80hrs and counting. These tubes at 50 hrs and its like the music finally showed up. Hope the space makes a show in the next 50.post #5601 of 87352/28/13 at 10:00pm
I've gotten good impressions from other people on top you guys too, this may be my stack.. I love how small they are yet how prominent they are. Not sure if that makes sense, thats just what I thought when I saw it at a meet..post #5602 of 87352/28/13 at 10:32pmpost #5603 of 87352/28/13 at 10:37pmpost #5604 of 87353/1/13 at 4:02amQuote:
Indeed. Woke up this morning to see an e-mail from Tubemonger stating that I experienced a very rare problem and that a replacement pair is already on the way...at no charge.
Hats off to Tubemonger for the first-class service.post #5605 of 87353/1/13 at 4:21amQuote:
I stepped AWAY from the computer for 18 hours and there are 2 pages of posts to catch up on ..... if they actually show .... as a good eBay citizen, I am morally obligated to contact the seller and repay ---- which I will do ---- even though he (she? Olga?) apparently has no way to track these things.post #5606 of 87353/1/13 at 12:52pm
What with all the socket saver talk lately I had to get me a couple Plug & Play, 9-pin B9A NOVAL NOVIB Socket Saver©with Vibration Reduction Base, and Gold Plated Pins.
I can honestly say that I prefer Schitt's recessed look on the Lyr.post #5607 of 87353/1/13 at 3:49pmpost #5608 of 87353/1/13 at 7:08pmpost #5609 of 87353/1/13 at 7:19pmI've compared a lot of different 6922 tubes for my older Spoiler DAC design. By far the best tube I found was the Siemens CCA grey-plate. A pair of these is expensive, particularly strong ones. These were top performers made for the German phone company in the late 50s. They have finer grids than other tubes for superb extension. I tried these in a modded Lyr and they were great.
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 23 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...