Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 367  

post #5491 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post


Have you received your tubes yet from Lithuania--I know some have who have ordered way after me --(Jan 22nd)??

Thanks

Jack

Ordered Feb 7 and received a few days ago. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Slowfade - 2/24/13 at 9:39pm
post #5492 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

Sorry guys,  I was hoping the "slow boat" issue was just a fluke due to the holidays in late Jan.  I didn't know it would be the rule vs the exception.

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Got mine a few days ago...safe and sound. Just takes a while.
post #5493 of 8735
Since you have them too, what's your take vs. the other tubes in you library? I like these about as much as I like my two sets of JAN Amperex ('65 JAN-CEP 6922 and '66 JAN-CEP 7308) but the sound stage and treble isn't as good as my Telefunken ECC88s (then again, the bass is a little better on these). Haven't had time to compare against the Brimars though.
Edited by toschek - 2/24/13 at 9:51pm
post #5494 of 8735
Since I'm the Only One that didn't get mine I'm cook'in some traffic Dr Mr fantasy with some 60' D's.

Know what? Pretty damn good...... Think'n Jimmi is next
Edited by Iamnothim - 2/25/13 at 9:46am
post #5495 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

Since you have them too, what's your take vs. the other tubes in you library? I like these about as much as I like my two sets of JAN Amperex ('65 JAN-CEP 6922 and '66 JAN-CEP 7308) but the sound stage and treble isn't as good as my Telefunken ECC88s (then again, the bass is a little better on these). Haven't had time to compare against the Brimars though.

Good question..... Give me a couple days and I'll let you know. I just installed them tonight. Not really listened to much on these seriously yet. My schedule has been packed and not have had a lot of free time to swap these in. I've been listening to a pair of Matsu****a's ( http://www.tubemonger.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=591 ) and actually like them a lot, but I'm thinking these might be a step up. We shall see.
post #5496 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

Second day with the Lorenz PCC88s and I really love these tubes. For what they cost these are a real steal, and I am definitely getting a backup set now.

I ordered a set of 4.   If they ever get here, I'll sell you two .......

post #5497 of 8735

At $10 (at time of posting) These are a steal http://www.ebay.com/itm/321075572273?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 

Brent Jesse is the seller too so you know they're genuine and not chinese fakes.

post #5498 of 8735

I'm not sure how I did it, but i just finished reading this ENTIRE thread!  

 

My Lyr has shipped, it will arrive sometime this week.  I'm also expecting way too many pairs of way too expensive tubes.

 

Unfortunately, I won't make it home until early March.

 

So I have this tube rolling affliction waiting for me at home, and it's on the fast track!  beyersmile.png

post #5499 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnothim View Post

Since I'm the Olny One that didn't get mine I'm cook'in some traffic Dr Mr fantasy with some 60' D's.

Know what? Pretty damn good...... Think'n Jimmi is next


Don't feel like the Lone Ranger--Ordered Jan 22 and I still haven't got them and I ordered 2 Pair!!!

 

And I am in Northern California Too Boot...

 

Jack

post #5500 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

I'm not sure how I did it, but i just finished reading this ENTIRE thread!  

 

My Lyr has shipped, it will arrive sometime this week.  I'm also expecting way too many pairs of way too expensive tubes.

 

Unfortunately, I won't make it home until early March.

 

So I have this tube rolling affliction waiting for me at home, and it's on the fast track!  beyersmile.png

I am very sorry you had to suffer through my posts.

Please don't read "Schiit Owners Unite", as it will be iamnothim II, a very bad sequel.

post #5501 of 8735

Ooooh!  There's another Schiit thread?

 

I've got the sickness so bad I've even ordered socket savers and some of Herbie's space robot dampeners!

post #5502 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

Ooooh!  There's another Schiit thread?

 

I've got the sickness so bad I've even ordered socket savers and some of Herbie's space robot dampeners!

I embarrass myself early and often

post #5503 of 8735

question: i was tube rolling with JJ e88cc tubes, but after i plug them in, they give my hd650's a really really loud obnoxious buzz coming from the right ear cup / channel. How should i go about this problem?

- everything was properly plugged in might i add as i double checked, i wasn't sure if the tubes were damaged. Other tubes ive tried still works


Edited by Sniperbombers - 2/25/13 at 10:46am
post #5504 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperbombers View Post

question: i was tube rolling with JJ e88cc tubes, but after i plug them in, they give my hd650's a really really loud obnoxious buzz coming from the right ear cup / channel. How should i go about this problem?

- everything was properly plugged in might i add as i double checked, i wasn't sure if the tubes were damaged. Others that i've tried failed to work

1st flip the tube positions see if it moves to the left.

 

EDIT:  Just saw the part about others failed to work.  Contact Schiit


Edited by Iamnothim - 2/25/13 at 10:24am
post #5505 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnothim View Post

1st flip the tube positions see if it moves to the left.

 

EDIT:  Just saw the part about others failed to work.  Contact Schiit

sorry i worded the last sentence wrong. 

I flipped the tubes over and also contacted Schiit Audio about the case, sadly the flipping positions part did not work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread