- 520 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Northern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 4/25/13 at 2:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
- Headphone Impedance
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 364
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll have to get back to you in a bit. I received the Lyr and LCD's on the same day. It was better than christmas morning. Not sure where I stand on 'burn in' debate. but I haven't had a lot of time for mental burn in/analytical listening. I can definitely see what all the hype is about, but then again, is that new purchase bias? New tubes are coming in today and I'll have a lot of time this weekend to play around with rolling.
So I guess that means No---I have started a case with EBAY --but I would sure like to get them--
Someone ordered them on Feb 7 In the US and already has them!!!
Do a thread search for (with quotes) "valvo red label". They have been mentioned numerous times already with some very detailed info supplied by the 'Tube Gods' of Head-Fi
I haven't see it mentioned... But Schiit put orange LEDs in the amp to enhance the tube glow. At least my brand new one has it. Its neat but... makes it harder to guage the actual glow output of the tube
Maybe cut holes in piece of cardboard and overlay it on top if you're trying to gauge the glow? I wouldn't leave it there permanently and mess up cooling though. I bought some damping/cooling rings from the Brent Jesse site http://www.audiotubes.com/damper.htm - perhaps something like that situated on your tubes can help you isolate the tube glow from the LEDs. I haven't received them yet, nor do I buy into the voodoo claims regarding staging and separation enhancements, but I do have some slightly microphonic (but still awesome) tubes that I want to try damping.
Dammit!!! I got out sniped in the last 5 seconds.
that tube suppose to be good...maybe rare.....crap!!! I should stay away from the blog.
Have you received your tubes yet from Lithuania--I know some have who have ordered way after me --(Jan 22nd)??
Sorry guys, I was hoping the "slow boat" issue was just a fluke due to the holidays in late Jan. I didn't know it would be the rule vs the exception.
I emailed Ron at Cyro about the tubes I ordered from there. They were sent first class to Canada and it seems they got to the border real quick. So far as he could tell priority mail gets... priority at customs then they get to first class to fill the time when when not busy. He says it will take 2-6 weeks at customs. *sigh*
Seller isn't responding to my hounding for my OG purchase out of Toronto, which is around the corner from me. Thought it might actually get in the mail, but it all depends on how long the seller takes to actually noticing something sold. *sigh*
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 57 seconds ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile by accident . The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Htc One 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Earsonics SM64 V1/V2 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 5 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 6 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe