Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 311  

post #4651 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

This one does fir into the Lyr.  The Triode Flipper allows you to use the second triode of the tube (the Lyr only uses one per tube) supposedly allowing you to get extended use out of the tube.

As far as fitting in the Lyr and removal, just go back about four or five pages as we already talked about it.  To sum up, they will fit fine and may come out with the tube.  And if they do, just pop on a new tube and plug it back in.

 

I've used both the Triode Flipper and Noval Socket Saver in the Lyr with no problems...

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Interesting. So what happened with the incident of triode flippers causing damage? Misuse?

post #4652 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

Hmm. It looks like it's only a extender, not a damper.

 

 

The vibration reduction tube extenders have silicone in them. I sorta worry about that melting and leaking out into the amp. I have no experience with them though so not sure if that is a possibility?

post #4653 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Interesting. So what happened with the incident of triode flippers causing damage? Misuse?

As far I as I remember, that didn't happen to me.  Was that Mr. Scary?

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #4654 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

The vibration reduction tube extenders have silicone in them. I sorta worry about that melting and leaking out into the amp. I have no experience with them though so not sure if that is a possibility?

The silicone is the high-temperature stuff.  It won't get hot enough to leak.

 

No one I've talked to has ever had a problem.

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

post #4655 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

Hmm. It looks like it's only a extender, not a damper.

 

How is this tube?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RARE-AMPEREX-GOLD-PIN-E88CC-6922-PREMIUM-MATCHED-ECC88-6DJ8-Amp-Audio-Tube-/110990134300?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item19d7870c1c

I read the eBay listing a couple times and could not find a Date.

I always question listings that don't provide a date of mfg.

 

There are plenty of listings that do.

 

Again, I might have missed it....

post #4656 of 8735

I now have a pair of Siemens PCC88 on the way. It will be interesting to compare them to the Amperex Orange Globes. 

post #4657 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

I now have a pair of Siemens PCC88 on the way. It will be interesting to compare them to the Amperex Orange Globes. 

The Siemens PCC88 have a fantastic sound stage, not as bass heavy as the Orange Globes, crisper  highs then the Amperex and a bit less mid range.

post #4658 of 8735

So I decided I don't like the Sorbothane feet I got. They are too sticky and I'm afraid they will damage the table surface over time. 

 

Although I know it is probably going to be a pain peeling them off my Schiit, which of these Herbie's feet would be the best for the Lyr and Bifrost? Anyone know?:

 

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm

post #4659 of 8735

Hi everyone,

do you guy know which tube is good for DT880 and 990 (both are 600 ohm) 

Thanks

post #4660 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

So I decided I don't like the Sorbothane feet I got. They are too sticky and I'm afraid they will damage the table surface over time. 

Although I know it is probably going to be a pain peeling them off my Schiit, which of these Herbie's feet would be the best for the Lyr and Bifrost? Anyone know?:

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm
Check out McMaster. They have about 5 different harnesses.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#adhesive-backed-bumpers/=kmxaxs
post #4661 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnothim View Post

Check out McMaster. They have about 5 different harnesses.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#adhesive-backed-bumpers/=kmxaxs

Thanks. I'm sorta lost on that link though. I'm not sure which is the best material. 

post #4662 of 8735
Hey photo I used herbies iso-cups with the lyr, I have a pic of them under the lyr in my photos if you want to get an idea of what they look like
post #4663 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

Thanks. I'm sorta lost on that link though. I'm not sure which is the best material. 
At the top of the page there should be a link to a table that Gipsey what the different girl meter hardnesses are an example of what they me off more typing just type in the name of the compound like rubber and it should come up and it okay if you hold really big description hopefully that helps
post #4664 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

As far I as I remember, that didn't happen to me.  Was that Mr. Scary?

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I know it wasn't you. I just thought you may have remembered. I think if it was Mrscary I wouldn't have forgotten.

I'm sure as hell not going to wade through this damn thread to find out. I was just under the impression that triode flippers threw up caution flags, perhaps not.

post #4665 of 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

So I decided I don't like the Sorbothane feet I got. They are too sticky and I'm afraid they will damage the table surface over time. 

 

Although I know it is probably going to be a pain peeling them off my Schiit, which of these Herbie's feet would be the best for the Lyr and Bifrost? Anyone know?:

 

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/compfeet.htm

I'm running a set of Herbie's Tenderfoot feet under my Lyr and they work great for me.  I have not seen any problems with surface damage so far either. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread