Can anyone put up pictures of the sr80s and the sr80is and compare their SQ? I need to know the difference in both appearence and SQ.
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginning Headphone Amp (AKG K271 MKII and Grado SR80i) Last post on 11/2/11 at 10:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Durability of certain phones (Grado SR80is)? Last post on 9/29/11 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- The King of Budget HiFi: Grado SR80i (Review) +1080p HD Video Slideshow Last post on 2/4/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
sr80 vs sr80ipost #1 of 104/15/11 at 2:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/15/11 at 4:53am
I don't suspect you'll recognize any difference in the appearance of the two. The "i" being the newer revision is supposed to have improvements made to the higher frequency section. Other than that, there is little variation between the two.post #3 of 104/15/11 at 4:57ampost #4 of 104/15/11 at 5:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 104/15/11 at 7:31ampost #6 of 104/15/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 104/15/11 at 7:47amQuote:
I don't recall that the SR80 headphones used the bowl pads. I believe they've always used the comfies.
post #8 of 105/10/11 at 2:49pm
Hello Head-fi people, first post here.
I'm about to buy a pair of Grado sr80i, but I was wondering that same exact question.
How do I know that I will be sold sr80i and not sr80 ?
If there is no apparent difference, maybe the specs are different?
I'm also wondering if an amp would make a substantial difference since I will listen to music 99.99% of the time on my laptop (plugged in the docking station actually). I read good reviews regarding the "NuForce uDAC2-HP"post #9 of 105/10/11 at 4:04pm
There are visual differences. The new i has a mushroom shape cup. Also if you look directly at the drivers, the new i series has a deep red colored voice coil.
Onboard laptop sound to uDAC-2 or E7 will make a noticeable difference.
Edited by kite7 - 5/10/11 at 4:05pmpost #10 of 1011/21/11 at 7:20am
- sr80 vs sr80i
- Headphone Impedance
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › A Music Lovers First Thread and Question 3 minutes ago
- › Accuphase Just Love It 3 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear