Can anyone put up pictures of the sr80s and the sr80is and compare their SQ? I need to know the difference in both appearence and SQ.
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginning Headphone Amp (AKG K271 MKII and Grado SR80i) Last post on 11/2/11 at 10:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Durability of certain phones (Grado SR80is)? Last post on 9/29/11 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- The King of Budget HiFi: Grado SR80i (Review) +1080p HD Video Slideshow Last post on 2/4/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
sr80 vs sr80ipost #1 of 104/15/11 at 2:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/15/11 at 4:53am
I don't suspect you'll recognize any difference in the appearance of the two. The "i" being the newer revision is supposed to have improvements made to the higher frequency section. Other than that, there is little variation between the two.post #3 of 104/15/11 at 4:57ampost #4 of 104/15/11 at 5:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 104/15/11 at 7:31ampost #6 of 104/15/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 104/15/11 at 7:47amQuote:
I don't recall that the SR80 headphones used the bowl pads. I believe they've always used the comfies.
post #8 of 105/10/11 at 2:49pm
Hello Head-fi people, first post here.
I'm about to buy a pair of Grado sr80i, but I was wondering that same exact question.
How do I know that I will be sold sr80i and not sr80 ?
If there is no apparent difference, maybe the specs are different?
I'm also wondering if an amp would make a substantial difference since I will listen to music 99.99% of the time on my laptop (plugged in the docking station actually). I read good reviews regarding the "NuForce uDAC2-HP"post #9 of 105/10/11 at 4:04pm
There are visual differences. The new i has a mushroom shape cup. Also if you look directly at the drivers, the new i series has a deep red colored voice coil.
Onboard laptop sound to uDAC-2 or E7 will make a noticeable difference.
Edited by kite7 - 5/10/11 at 4:05pmpost #10 of 1011/21/11 at 7:20am
- sr80 vs sr80i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Audiopower MDA-400 6 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 7 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...