Can anyone put up pictures of the sr80s and the sr80is and compare their SQ? I need to know the difference in both appearence and SQ.
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginning Headphone Amp (AKG K271 MKII and Grado SR80i) Last post on 11/2/11 at 10:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Durability of certain phones (Grado SR80is)? Last post on 9/29/11 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- The King of Budget HiFi: Grado SR80i (Review) +1080p HD Video Slideshow Last post on 2/4/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
sr80 vs sr80ipost #1 of 104/15/11 at 2:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/15/11 at 4:53am
I don't suspect you'll recognize any difference in the appearance of the two. The "i" being the newer revision is supposed to have improvements made to the higher frequency section. Other than that, there is little variation between the two.post #3 of 104/15/11 at 4:57ampost #4 of 104/15/11 at 5:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 104/15/11 at 7:31ampost #6 of 104/15/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 104/15/11 at 7:47amQuote:
I don't recall that the SR80 headphones used the bowl pads. I believe they've always used the comfies.
post #8 of 105/10/11 at 2:49pm
Hello Head-fi people, first post here.
I'm about to buy a pair of Grado sr80i, but I was wondering that same exact question.
How do I know that I will be sold sr80i and not sr80 ?
If there is no apparent difference, maybe the specs are different?
I'm also wondering if an amp would make a substantial difference since I will listen to music 99.99% of the time on my laptop (plugged in the docking station actually). I read good reviews regarding the "NuForce uDAC2-HP"post #9 of 105/10/11 at 4:04pm
There are visual differences. The new i has a mushroom shape cup. Also if you look directly at the drivers, the new i series has a deep red colored voice coil.
Onboard laptop sound to uDAC-2 or E7 will make a noticeable difference.
Edited by kite7 - 5/10/11 at 4:05pmpost #10 of 1011/21/11 at 7:20am
- sr80 vs sr80i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 19 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 27 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 42 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The Answer to $400 Smooth & Warm Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2