Can anyone put up pictures of the sr80s and the sr80is and compare their SQ? I need to know the difference in both appearence and SQ.
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginning Headphone Amp (AKG K271 MKII and Grado SR80i) Last post on 11/2/11 at 10:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Durability of certain phones (Grado SR80is)? Last post on 9/29/11 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- The King of Budget HiFi: Grado SR80i (Review) +1080p HD Video Slideshow Last post on 2/4/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
sr80 vs sr80ipost #1 of 104/15/11 at 2:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/15/11 at 4:53am
I don't suspect you'll recognize any difference in the appearance of the two. The "i" being the newer revision is supposed to have improvements made to the higher frequency section. Other than that, there is little variation between the two.post #3 of 104/15/11 at 4:57ampost #4 of 104/15/11 at 5:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 104/15/11 at 7:31ampost #6 of 104/15/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 104/15/11 at 7:47amQuote:
I don't recall that the SR80 headphones used the bowl pads. I believe they've always used the comfies.
post #8 of 105/10/11 at 2:49pm
Hello Head-fi people, first post here.
I'm about to buy a pair of Grado sr80i, but I was wondering that same exact question.
How do I know that I will be sold sr80i and not sr80 ?
If there is no apparent difference, maybe the specs are different?
I'm also wondering if an amp would make a substantial difference since I will listen to music 99.99% of the time on my laptop (plugged in the docking station actually). I read good reviews regarding the "NuForce uDAC2-HP"post #9 of 105/10/11 at 4:04pm
There are visual differences. The new i has a mushroom shape cup. Also if you look directly at the drivers, the new i series has a deep red colored voice coil.
Onboard laptop sound to uDAC-2 or E7 will make a noticeable difference.
Edited by kite7 - 5/10/11 at 4:05pmpost #10 of 1011/21/11 at 7:20am
- sr80 vs sr80i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mr. Speakers Ether (open) plus Norne Audio cable-price reduction 8 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound (aka Amps & Sound) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...