Can anyone put up pictures of the sr80s and the sr80is and compare their SQ? I need to know the difference in both appearence and SQ.
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325i's Last post on 3/25/12 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginning Headphone Amp (AKG K271 MKII and Grado SR80i) Last post on 11/2/11 at 10:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs ATH EWS9A vsSENN 280pro vs gradosr80/allisandro ms1 Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Durability of certain phones (Grado SR80is)? Last post on 9/29/11 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- The King of Budget HiFi: Grado SR80i (Review) +1080p HD Video Slideshow Last post on 2/4/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of VSonic VSD3S in-ear headphones. *** As a Disclaimer I would like to mention the following. Often in my reviews I provide manufacture link if it's available, where...
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
sr80 vs sr80ipost #1 of 104/15/11 at 2:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/15/11 at 4:53am
I don't suspect you'll recognize any difference in the appearance of the two. The "i" being the newer revision is supposed to have improvements made to the higher frequency section. Other than that, there is little variation between the two.post #3 of 104/15/11 at 4:57ampost #4 of 104/15/11 at 5:02amThread Starterpost #5 of 104/15/11 at 7:31ampost #6 of 104/15/11 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 104/15/11 at 7:47amQuote:
I don't recall that the SR80 headphones used the bowl pads. I believe they've always used the comfies.
post #8 of 105/10/11 at 2:49pm
Hello Head-fi people, first post here.
I'm about to buy a pair of Grado sr80i, but I was wondering that same exact question.
How do I know that I will be sold sr80i and not sr80 ?
If there is no apparent difference, maybe the specs are different?
I'm also wondering if an amp would make a substantial difference since I will listen to music 99.99% of the time on my laptop (plugged in the docking station actually). I read good reviews regarding the "NuForce uDAC2-HP"post #9 of 105/10/11 at 4:04pm
There are visual differences. The new i has a mushroom shape cup. Also if you look directly at the drivers, the new i series has a deep red colored voice coil.
Onboard laptop sound to uDAC-2 or E7 will make a noticeable difference.
Edited by kite7 - 5/10/11 at 4:05pmpost #10 of 1011/21/11 at 7:20am
- sr80 vs sr80i
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 12 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 27 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Thanks to those pesky bugs, small further... 42 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by twister6
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)