- 21,215 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 6/6/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ortho and Sound stage? Last post on 7/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Head-Fi Witnessing The Rise Of Two New Kings Last post on 8/15/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Page 28post #406 of 17795/19/11 at 5:59pmMy pleasure. It's pretty impressive that a $900 planar can best dynamics costing 50-60 percent more, this IMHO, that is just what the HE-500 does.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 17795/19/11 at 6:00pm
This is what I was impressed by. So, worth the full $900? vs the HE 5 and what not?Quote:post #408 of 17795/19/11 at 6:03pmQuote:
It's definitely worth it if you're comparing it to the HE-5. But when you have the LCD lurking at that price I'm not so sure.post #409 of 17795/19/11 at 6:07pm
The LCD-2 is both appealing and very unappealing to me. I ended up with the HE 500 because I wanted something farther away from my D7000.
I think it'll work out. I'm starting to think the HE 500 was the right choice more and more.
Quote:post #410 of 17795/19/11 at 6:10pmpost #411 of 17795/19/11 at 6:14pm
It's technically my first actually open headphone. I've heard some, but never owned one.
I did just pick up a used pair of Senn HD 598s for my finacee that will be here a few days before the HE 500 next week, so I'll have something else to compare to besides my beloved D7000.Quote:post #412 of 17795/19/11 at 6:14pm
I'm really excited for mine, and also looking forward to writing my HE-4 vs HE-500 review.
Hopefully they get here next week. They were due on Tuesday, but because of the clearance delay, it will be later. I just hope the FedEx lady responds to me in the morning telling me the faxes looked good and then the package can pass through. If there is some sort of problem and I have to fax again, it will probably be the week after next.post #413 of 17795/19/11 at 7:37pmpost #414 of 17795/19/11 at 8:24pm
Wasn't a fan of the K701 and the bumps. The HE series are very nice and some of the most comfortable I've ever tried.post #415 of 17795/19/11 at 8:32pm
I have tried the K-702 and HE-6, would pick the HE-6/HE-500 over the AKG's aswell.
Quote:post #416 of 17795/19/11 at 8:56pmBumps aside (I got used to the bumps that they didn't even feel like they were there), I'd still give the edge to the Hifimans. The K70x is very comfortable for me, and I love how it auto adjusts, but the huge cup size kinda bothers my jaw. Actually, even the Hifimans bother me this way, but not as much. It's a very minor discomfort that is pretty much a non-issue 99% of the time.post #417 of 17795/19/11 at 9:26pmpost #418 of 17795/20/11 at 1:23pm
There they are! First impressions are pretty amazing. Nothing too specific yet, but I'm impressed. Just playing some solo guitar stuff through them right now.
EDIT: What's with all the complaining about the cable? I'm loving it. It feels very sturdy.
EDIT 2: These things are monsters. The bass is excellent. Not sure why I ever worried. Sure, the raw slam the D7000 has isn't there, but they sound great. And it's so cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean. Hate to say that I think the D7000 would be out the door if I didn't need 2 pair. Then again, the raw power the D7000 shakes your head with is nice, too.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/20/11 at 1:59pmpost #419 of 17795/20/11 at 2:12pmpost #420 of 17795/20/11 at 2:19pm
Well...TECHNICALLY, they are on a speaker amp. My Deco2 puts out 40wpc for speakers.
Not the same, but I know whatcha mean. lol. It's not like the slam is not there, it's just not the raw 'closed' slam of the D7000.
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › AKG K812 Pro 28 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 14 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 43 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › DUNU Official Notice Statement about DN-2000 purchasing (unthorized... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SR500, what is this? 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob