- 21,520 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 6/6/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ortho and Sound stage? Last post on 7/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Head-Fi Witnessing The Rise Of Two New Kings Last post on 8/15/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Page 28post #406 of 17795/19/11 at 5:59pmMy pleasure. It's pretty impressive that a $900 planar can best dynamics costing 50-60 percent more, this IMHO, that is just what the HE-500 does.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 17795/19/11 at 6:00pm
This is what I was impressed by. So, worth the full $900? vs the HE 5 and what not?Quote:post #408 of 17795/19/11 at 6:03pmQuote:
It's definitely worth it if you're comparing it to the HE-5. But when you have the LCD lurking at that price I'm not so sure.post #409 of 17795/19/11 at 6:07pm
The LCD-2 is both appealing and very unappealing to me. I ended up with the HE 500 because I wanted something farther away from my D7000.
I think it'll work out. I'm starting to think the HE 500 was the right choice more and more.
Quote:post #410 of 17795/19/11 at 6:10pmpost #411 of 17795/19/11 at 6:14pm
It's technically my first actually open headphone. I've heard some, but never owned one.
I did just pick up a used pair of Senn HD 598s for my finacee that will be here a few days before the HE 500 next week, so I'll have something else to compare to besides my beloved D7000.Quote:post #412 of 17795/19/11 at 6:14pm
I'm really excited for mine, and also looking forward to writing my HE-4 vs HE-500 review.
Hopefully they get here next week. They were due on Tuesday, but because of the clearance delay, it will be later. I just hope the FedEx lady responds to me in the morning telling me the faxes looked good and then the package can pass through. If there is some sort of problem and I have to fax again, it will probably be the week after next.post #413 of 17795/19/11 at 7:37pmpost #414 of 17795/19/11 at 8:24pm
Wasn't a fan of the K701 and the bumps. The HE series are very nice and some of the most comfortable I've ever tried.post #415 of 17795/19/11 at 8:32pm
I have tried the K-702 and HE-6, would pick the HE-6/HE-500 over the AKG's aswell.
Quote:post #416 of 17795/19/11 at 8:56pmBumps aside (I got used to the bumps that they didn't even feel like they were there), I'd still give the edge to the Hifimans. The K70x is very comfortable for me, and I love how it auto adjusts, but the huge cup size kinda bothers my jaw. Actually, even the Hifimans bother me this way, but not as much. It's a very minor discomfort that is pretty much a non-issue 99% of the time.post #417 of 17795/19/11 at 9:26pmpost #418 of 17795/20/11 at 1:23pm
There they are! First impressions are pretty amazing. Nothing too specific yet, but I'm impressed. Just playing some solo guitar stuff through them right now.
EDIT: What's with all the complaining about the cable? I'm loving it. It feels very sturdy.
EDIT 2: These things are monsters. The bass is excellent. Not sure why I ever worried. Sure, the raw slam the D7000 has isn't there, but they sound great. And it's so cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean. Hate to say that I think the D7000 would be out the door if I didn't need 2 pair. Then again, the raw power the D7000 shakes your head with is nice, too.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/20/11 at 1:59pmpost #419 of 17795/20/11 at 2:12pmpost #420 of 17795/20/11 at 2:19pm
Well...TECHNICALLY, they are on a speaker amp. My Deco2 puts out 40wpc for speakers.
Not the same, but I know whatcha mean. lol. It's not like the slam is not there, it's just not the raw 'closed' slam of the D7000.
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 28 seconds ago
- › Bravo Audio V2 Review - Big Sound in a Small Package 39 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for closed cans similar to the HE-500 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "Headphone Amplifier With DAC" - iPhone Lightning to Headphone Jack 4 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)