- 21,430 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-4tagged by System, 4/15/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 6/6/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/15/11
- productSony MDR R10tagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ortho and Sound stage? Last post on 7/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Head-Fi Witnessing The Rise Of Two New Kings Last post on 8/15/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Thanks guys for helping to get this review featured! The support I've gotten so far is amazing and I look forward to bringing more reviews to the Head-Fi community. AUDIO TECHNICA'S...
HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Page 28post #406 of 17795/19/11 at 5:59pmMy pleasure. It's pretty impressive that a $900 planar can best dynamics costing 50-60 percent more, this IMHO, that is just what the HE-500 does.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 17795/19/11 at 6:00pm
This is what I was impressed by. So, worth the full $900? vs the HE 5 and what not?Quote:post #408 of 17795/19/11 at 6:03pmQuote:
It's definitely worth it if you're comparing it to the HE-5. But when you have the LCD lurking at that price I'm not so sure.post #409 of 17795/19/11 at 6:07pm
The LCD-2 is both appealing and very unappealing to me. I ended up with the HE 500 because I wanted something farther away from my D7000.
I think it'll work out. I'm starting to think the HE 500 was the right choice more and more.
Quote:post #410 of 17795/19/11 at 6:10pmpost #411 of 17795/19/11 at 6:14pm
It's technically my first actually open headphone. I've heard some, but never owned one.
I did just pick up a used pair of Senn HD 598s for my finacee that will be here a few days before the HE 500 next week, so I'll have something else to compare to besides my beloved D7000.Quote:post #412 of 17795/19/11 at 6:14pm
I'm really excited for mine, and also looking forward to writing my HE-4 vs HE-500 review.
Hopefully they get here next week. They were due on Tuesday, but because of the clearance delay, it will be later. I just hope the FedEx lady responds to me in the morning telling me the faxes looked good and then the package can pass through. If there is some sort of problem and I have to fax again, it will probably be the week after next.post #413 of 17795/19/11 at 7:37pmpost #414 of 17795/19/11 at 8:24pm
Wasn't a fan of the K701 and the bumps. The HE series are very nice and some of the most comfortable I've ever tried.post #415 of 17795/19/11 at 8:32pm
I have tried the K-702 and HE-6, would pick the HE-6/HE-500 over the AKG's aswell.
Quote:post #416 of 17795/19/11 at 8:56pmBumps aside (I got used to the bumps that they didn't even feel like they were there), I'd still give the edge to the Hifimans. The K70x is very comfortable for me, and I love how it auto adjusts, but the huge cup size kinda bothers my jaw. Actually, even the Hifimans bother me this way, but not as much. It's a very minor discomfort that is pretty much a non-issue 99% of the time.post #417 of 17795/19/11 at 9:26pmpost #418 of 17795/20/11 at 1:23pm
There they are! First impressions are pretty amazing. Nothing too specific yet, but I'm impressed. Just playing some solo guitar stuff through them right now.
EDIT: What's with all the complaining about the cable? I'm loving it. It feels very sturdy.
EDIT 2: These things are monsters. The bass is excellent. Not sure why I ever worried. Sure, the raw slam the D7000 has isn't there, but they sound great. And it's so cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean. Hate to say that I think the D7000 would be out the door if I didn't need 2 pair. Then again, the raw power the D7000 shakes your head with is nice, too.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 5/20/11 at 1:59pmpost #419 of 17795/20/11 at 2:12pmpost #420 of 17795/20/11 at 2:19pm
Well...TECHNICALLY, they are on a speaker amp. My Deco2 puts out 40wpc for speakers.
Not the same, but I know whatcha mean. lol. It's not like the slam is not there, it's just not the raw 'closed' slam of the D7000.
- HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD-600 appreciation thread..... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso D-Zero 3 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an IEM?... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Cayin C5 - A new reference in portable amplifiers 7 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Nokia Lumia 635 by mark2410
- › Booklikes | Axis Capital Group Insurance...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3