So I was wondering if headfiers of Sydney would like to meet. (Unique Melody Aus is located in Melbourne, so I presume they would need to be given ample time to organize their trip). So, if you would like to attend and try out different gears or meet other people with same interests or even to kill time, reply to this post with you intention to come, the gear you would be bringing and the suburb you live in. This is so that people organise transport with others of similar area.
If you are first timer, just in the reply box, say that you would like to come and I will add you in. For security reasons I request that you send a private message between 25/06/201 and 08/07/2011 of your Name, Address, Email, Contact number to me.
At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo id will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet. (the details will be kept in the database of the organiser for future meets organised) and also you would need to tick if you do not wish for the organiser to pass on your email and name to the distributors for their news letter and special offers.
Settings: Separate section for distributors and ordinary members will be provided and you will go to your appropriate section and set up your gears.
Regarding the power point cords/cables, there will be some provided however you are encouraged to bring your own.
Community Center in Hornsby
Sunday, 10/07/2011 (10:00am - 4:00pm).
(Those that require pick up from the station, can you pm me? I will arrange a pick up from the Hornsby station at 9:40am)
$20 for Member of the trade
$15 for ordinary members. However, if you can`t afford it, then pm me prior to the meet, and will make a note to charge only $10.
(includes hall hire, morning tea, drinks and lunch)
Order of the day for 1st ever Sydney "Can Con" (Can = Headphone Con= Convention):
09:30 - 10:00am Set up/ Registration
10:00 - 10:10am Instruction session by qusp.
10:10 - 11:00am Members of the trade presentation
(11:00 Morning tea) (B`day cake)
11:00 - 01:00pm
4pm End of the meet/pack up for 4:30 close of the doors.
1. Everyone must register prior to the meet. The attendees are required to provide the organiser with their Name, Address, Contact number and Email between 25/06/2011 and 07/07/2011.
2. Everyone must provide a photo id when registering at the registration desk and will be cross checked with the provided name and address. Also at the registration the attendees are required to tick the box if the attendee do not want their name and email details passed onto the distributors. (Note a copy of your valid photo id (that can verify name and address) will be taken and kept for two weeks before being destroyed).
3. Please be careful and respect other member`s properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
4. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.
5. Consumption of food or drinks are to be taken place in the designated place ONLY and place all rubbish in the plastic bags provided. Also PLZ wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything. There is nothing worse than an oily headphone.
6. No smoking within 20 meters of the hall (NOT 5m or 10m). And please place all butts in the bottle/container provided.
7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorant are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.
The venue has wooden floor which will get noisy especially with the amount of people moving through the place during the meet. I ask that be aware of this and where possible wear soft soled shoes.
People attending so far (also feel free to bring friends):
Unique Melody (Matt) (MELBOURNE)
Nelda (i-Enjoy :distributor for Schiit ~) (Riverwood)
Jaben Australia (Josh) (Melbourne)
qusp (Twisted Cables) (Brisbane)
Good Times (Krispy Kables) (Narrabeen)
1. cloudq (Chester Hill)
2. hpz (BANKSTOWN)
3. yuh (Bankstown)
4. mitos (Epping)
5. commanderkeen88 (BANKSTOWN)
6. Idap (MASCOT)
7. xplict_concept (Campsie)
8. ojstagg93 (Mosman)
9. alex699 (Caringbah)
10. Dentian (Homebush Bay)
19. ZephyrSapphire (Kingsford)
20. drez (Turramurra)
23. mrAdrian (Castle Hill)
24. Lord Mike. (Frenches forest)
Zorander (to be confirmed)
Non headfi attendee (limit of 6)
Beat Audio cables, Interconnects and LOD's as well as a couple of CMOYS
Headstage Arrow 3G.
Schiit Lyr (maybe)
Beyerdynamic DT 150
DT880 pro 600ohm
DT770 pro 80/250ohm
Ear sonic sm3
opc's 'the wire' perhaps a balanced out version by then, but the bal/se version is ready and singing
portable sabre 9018/balanced iem amp
Graham Slee Voyager
Vsonic R04 PRo
FoxL Bluetooth Speaker
Plus many many more~ please refer to the posts by other attendees in this thread~
Edited by pkwak - 7/4/11 at 8:51pm