Yea I'm looking for a nice pair of portable headphones. My decision came down to these 2. The HD25-1 Adidas Edition and the Phiaton MS400. I mainly listen to hiphop, triphop some house and some rock (limp bizkit / linkin park kind of stuff). Is there a difference between the Adidas version of the HD25-1 and the regular ones? Are there any other nice headphones to consider? (please don't recommend headphones with long cords or some that are too big). As of right now I'm leaning towards the MS400s because of their looks. Is the sound quality of the HD25-1 a lot better than the Phiatons?
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Portable Headphones (~$200) Last post on 5/16/11 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 12/3/16 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about AiAiAi TMA-1 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable full size closed headphones with HD25 sound signature? Last post on 10/1/11 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400post #1 of 64/14/11 at 12:51pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/14/11 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 64/14/11 at 5:43pm
howdy, from what i understand, the adidas hd-25 I and the regular hd-25 I are the same thing sound-wise, just the adidas version is styled differently (and has a higher price)
i can't speak to the phiatons, but another headphone you might want to check out is the AIAIAI TMA-1 - those seem to be pretty well regarded for the kind of music you listedpost #4 of 64/14/11 at 7:52pmThread Starter
Hey thanks for the response. I did look into the AIAIAI TMA1 and also the Denon D1100, however, unless the SQ of those two is much better than the SQ of the MS400/HD25-1, I won't consider them because of their look. The TMA1 are just plain ugly in my opinion.
I get the MS400/HD25-1 for around $160 and the AIAIAI TMA1/Denon D1100 for around $200. If anybody has some more insight into these four headphones or any other headphones I should consider, please let me know :)post #5 of 64/14/11 at 10:27pmpost #6 of 64/19/11 at 6:02am
I wouldn't get the TMA-1 for rock anyhow. I enjoy mine but they are not optimal for rock. many enjoy the HD 25's for rock and hip hop as they have energetic highs and punchy bass. The adidas version is pure porn visually. i am still talking myself out of buying them because I already have the TMA-1 that cover that pricerange/use (portable closed can).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 15 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 25 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 42 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Help! Looking for a bit of guidance on Windows audio... 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 7 minutes ago
- › Topping D30 DSD DAC XMOS/CS4398 8 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear