Yea I'm looking for a nice pair of portable headphones. My decision came down to these 2. The HD25-1 Adidas Edition and the Phiaton MS400. I mainly listen to hiphop, triphop some house and some rock (limp bizkit / linkin park kind of stuff). Is there a difference between the Adidas version of the HD25-1 and the regular ones? Are there any other nice headphones to consider? (please don't recommend headphones with long cords or some that are too big). As of right now I'm leaning towards the MS400s because of their looks. Is the sound quality of the HD25-1 a lot better than the Phiatons?
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Portable Headphones (~$200) Last post on 5/16/11 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 4/1/15 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about AiAiAi TMA-1 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable full size closed headphones with HD25 sound signature? Last post on 10/1/11 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400post #1 of 64/14/11 at 12:51pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/14/11 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 64/14/11 at 5:43pm
howdy, from what i understand, the adidas hd-25 I and the regular hd-25 I are the same thing sound-wise, just the adidas version is styled differently (and has a higher price)
i can't speak to the phiatons, but another headphone you might want to check out is the AIAIAI TMA-1 - those seem to be pretty well regarded for the kind of music you listedpost #4 of 64/14/11 at 7:52pmThread Starter
Hey thanks for the response. I did look into the AIAIAI TMA1 and also the Denon D1100, however, unless the SQ of those two is much better than the SQ of the MS400/HD25-1, I won't consider them because of their look. The TMA1 are just plain ugly in my opinion.
I get the MS400/HD25-1 for around $160 and the AIAIAI TMA1/Denon D1100 for around $200. If anybody has some more insight into these four headphones or any other headphones I should consider, please let me know :)post #5 of 64/14/11 at 10:27pmpost #6 of 64/19/11 at 6:02am
I wouldn't get the TMA-1 for rock anyhow. I enjoy mine but they are not optimal for rock. many enjoy the HD 25's for rock and hip hop as they have energetic highs and punchy bass. The adidas version is pure porn visually. i am still talking myself out of buying them because I already have the TMA-1 that cover that pricerange/use (portable closed can).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 12 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 28 seconds ago
- › SENNHEISER & TIMBUK2 Promotion 56 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 58 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Macaw GT100S IEMs by... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)