Yea I'm looking for a nice pair of portable headphones. My decision came down to these 2. The HD25-1 Adidas Edition and the Phiaton MS400. I mainly listen to hiphop, triphop some house and some rock (limp bizkit / linkin park kind of stuff). Is there a difference between the Adidas version of the HD25-1 and the regular ones? Are there any other nice headphones to consider? (please don't recommend headphones with long cords or some that are too big). As of right now I'm leaning towards the MS400s because of their looks. Is the sound quality of the HD25-1 a lot better than the Phiatons?
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Portable Headphones (~$200) Last post on 5/16/11 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 8/13/13 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about AiAiAi TMA-1 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable full size closed headphones with HD25 sound signature? Last post on 10/1/11 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400post #1 of 64/14/11 at 12:51pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/14/11 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 64/14/11 at 5:43pm
howdy, from what i understand, the adidas hd-25 I and the regular hd-25 I are the same thing sound-wise, just the adidas version is styled differently (and has a higher price)
i can't speak to the phiatons, but another headphone you might want to check out is the AIAIAI TMA-1 - those seem to be pretty well regarded for the kind of music you listedpost #4 of 64/14/11 at 7:52pmThread Starter
Hey thanks for the response. I did look into the AIAIAI TMA1 and also the Denon D1100, however, unless the SQ of those two is much better than the SQ of the MS400/HD25-1, I won't consider them because of their look. The TMA1 are just plain ugly in my opinion.
I get the MS400/HD25-1 for around $160 and the AIAIAI TMA1/Denon D1100 for around $200. If anybody has some more insight into these four headphones or any other headphones I should consider, please let me know :)post #5 of 64/14/11 at 10:27pmpost #6 of 64/19/11 at 6:02am
I wouldn't get the TMA-1 for rock anyhow. I enjoy mine but they are not optimal for rock. many enjoy the HD 25's for rock and hip hop as they have energetic highs and punchy bass. The adidas version is pure porn visually. i am still talking myself out of buying them because I already have the TMA-1 that cover that pricerange/use (portable closed can).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 6 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PC 350 In need of repair 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 minutes ago
- › Arcam irDAC - mint condiiton and fully boxed. 4 months old. 10 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude