Yea I'm looking for a nice pair of portable headphones. My decision came down to these 2. The HD25-1 Adidas Edition and the Phiaton MS400. I mainly listen to hiphop, triphop some house and some rock (limp bizkit / linkin park kind of stuff). Is there a difference between the Adidas version of the HD25-1 and the regular ones? Are there any other nice headphones to consider? (please don't recommend headphones with long cords or some that are too big). As of right now I'm leaning towards the MS400s because of their looks. Is the sound quality of the HD25-1 a lot better than the Phiatons?
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Portable Headphones (~$200) Last post on 5/16/11 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 8/13/13 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about AiAiAi TMA-1 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable full size closed headphones with HD25 sound signature? Last post on 10/1/11 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400post #1 of 64/14/11 at 12:51pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/14/11 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 64/14/11 at 5:43pm
howdy, from what i understand, the adidas hd-25 I and the regular hd-25 I are the same thing sound-wise, just the adidas version is styled differently (and has a higher price)
i can't speak to the phiatons, but another headphone you might want to check out is the AIAIAI TMA-1 - those seem to be pretty well regarded for the kind of music you listedpost #4 of 64/14/11 at 7:52pmThread Starter
Hey thanks for the response. I did look into the AIAIAI TMA1 and also the Denon D1100, however, unless the SQ of those two is much better than the SQ of the MS400/HD25-1, I won't consider them because of their look. The TMA1 are just plain ugly in my opinion.
I get the MS400/HD25-1 for around $160 and the AIAIAI TMA1/Denon D1100 for around $200. If anybody has some more insight into these four headphones or any other headphones I should consider, please let me know :)post #5 of 64/14/11 at 10:27pmpost #6 of 64/19/11 at 6:02am
I wouldn't get the TMA-1 for rock anyhow. I enjoy mine but they are not optimal for rock. many enjoy the HD 25's for rock and hip hop as they have energetic highs and punchy bass. The adidas version is pure porn visually. i am still talking myself out of buying them because I already have the TMA-1 that cover that pricerange/use (portable closed can).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) just now
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 26 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Gold 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 vs Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for directional accuracy 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)