Yea I'm looking for a nice pair of portable headphones. My decision came down to these 2. The HD25-1 Adidas Edition and the Phiaton MS400. I mainly listen to hiphop, triphop some house and some rock (limp bizkit / linkin park kind of stuff). Is there a difference between the Adidas version of the HD25-1 and the regular ones? Are there any other nice headphones to consider? (please don't recommend headphones with long cords or some that are too big). As of right now I'm leaning towards the MS400s because of their looks. Is the sound quality of the HD25-1 a lot better than the Phiatons?
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Portable Headphones (~$200) Last post on 5/16/11 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 6/19/16 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Questions about AiAiAi TMA-1 Last post on 10/4/11 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable full size closed headphones with HD25 sound signature? Last post on 10/1/11 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400post #1 of 64/14/11 at 12:51pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/14/11 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 64/14/11 at 5:43pm
howdy, from what i understand, the adidas hd-25 I and the regular hd-25 I are the same thing sound-wise, just the adidas version is styled differently (and has a higher price)
i can't speak to the phiatons, but another headphone you might want to check out is the AIAIAI TMA-1 - those seem to be pretty well regarded for the kind of music you listedpost #4 of 64/14/11 at 7:52pmThread Starter
Hey thanks for the response. I did look into the AIAIAI TMA1 and also the Denon D1100, however, unless the SQ of those two is much better than the SQ of the MS400/HD25-1, I won't consider them because of their look. The TMA1 are just plain ugly in my opinion.
I get the MS400/HD25-1 for around $160 and the AIAIAI TMA1/Denon D1100 for around $200. If anybody has some more insight into these four headphones or any other headphones I should consider, please let me know :)post #5 of 64/14/11 at 10:27pmpost #6 of 64/19/11 at 6:02am
I wouldn't get the TMA-1 for rock anyhow. I enjoy mine but they are not optimal for rock. many enjoy the HD 25's for rock and hip hop as they have energetic highs and punchy bass. The adidas version is pure porn visually. i am still talking myself out of buying them because I already have the TMA-1 that cover that pricerange/use (portable closed can).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1 Adidas vs Phiaton MS400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Jlab Epic2 vs Jaybird X2 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...