Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) - Page 15

post #211 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

God..waiting for 5 way is like waiting for the end of the world...redface.gif

Both may come sooner than you think, and when you least expect it! biggrin.gif
post #212 of 2012

One thing is for sure, when they do arrive, you could not care less about what happens to the world..

post #213 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus-DK View Post

One thing is for sure, when they do arrive, you could not care less about what happens to the world..



Well, I look forward to that day....♪♫♪♫♪♫L3000.gif♪♫♪♫♪♫

 


Edited by Mython - 2/6/12 at 3:27pm
post #214 of 2012
Hi guys, any comparison btw Spiral Ear SE5 and Heir Audio 8.A. I'm considering these along with UM Merlin. Any commends in regards to these 3 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
post #215 of 2012

First impressions-- Not bad at all!

The first thing I note is the vocals are further back...

Great layering... everything is in place and superbly controlled--- instruments are very very distinctly separated - there's an added dimension of depth to the sound

compared, sm3 seems too focused/or stripped down to the upfront mids to be natural- in a live setting- I guess... (although still quite enjoyeable).  

 

My ears are still adjusting to se 5 way sig, but I'm quite pleased with what I'm hearing.


Edited by Benjerry - 2/22/12 at 5:40am
post #216 of 2012

Yeah. It's a bit mid forward in a good way and at the same time doesn't give you that right in your face vocal. :) I absolutely love mine!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjerry View Post

First impressions-- Not bad at all!

The first thing I note is the vocals are further back...

Great layering... everything is in place and superbly controlled--- instruments are very very distinctly separated - there's an added dimension of depth to the sound

compared, sm3 seems too focused on the mids to be natural (although still quite enjoyeable imo).  

 

My ears are still adjusting to se 5 way sig, but I'm quite pleased with what I'm hearing.



 

post #217 of 2012

^ Agree, sm3 can sound in your face. 5 way really stands out in the separation/ resolution in comparison.

post #218 of 2012

Any other impressions? Averagejoe, have you finished your review of the 5-way yet? I can't seem to find it on the first page nor on the multi-CIEM review thread...

post #219 of 2012
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

Any other impressions? Averagejoe, have you finished your review of the 5-way yet? I can't seem to find it on the first page nor on the multi-CIEM review thread...


The full review of the 5-way is up after I am done with the review I am currently working on.  I do my reviews in the order I receive things, and I just received my replacement 5-way last week, which fits perfectly.  You can check out the comparisons of other earphones with the 5-way (my old one that doesn't sound quite as good as the new one) in my other review threads of the top-tier CIEMs.

 

post #220 of 2012

Thanks Joe. biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

 


The full review of the 5-way is up after I am done with the review I am currently working on.  I do my reviews in the order I receive things, and I just received my replacement 5-way last week, which fits perfectly.  You can check out the comparisons of other earphones with the 5-way (my old one that doesn't sound quite as good as the new one) in my other review threads of the top-tier CIEMs.

 



 

post #221 of 2012
You know you're going to end up buying it anyway, so why waste time? ;-P)
post #222 of 2012

lol..exactly

post #223 of 2012

Yes, unfortunately it seems to be so. Unfortunately, $1400USD is not a drop in the bucket for me. Must... space... out... audio... purchases....wink.gif

post #224 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

You know you're going to end up buying it anyway, so why waste time? ;-P)


^^THIS^^ ...is why I love head-fi

post #225 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

^^THIS^^ ...is why I love head-fi


... and why your wallet hates it.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)