Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) - Page 97

post #1441 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

I believe 1010 would be too small for me, I want a comfortable use. Probably 1020 is the one I should buy. Anyway thanks for all the info guys.

 

I'm not sure if you remember the link I posted earlier on of the Otterbox 2000? That works perfectly for me. It looks to be the exact same case that came with my 8As. Grezegorz should honestly supply this case with such an expensive IEM. I actually think one of the sound tubes has a crimp in it due to shipping my SE5s in the small case. It would damage my SE5s if I kept using it... Also including a package or two of desiccant wouldn't hurt would it?

 

 

 

This might help your decision as well

 

http://forums.scrapyardknives.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/611485/Otterbox_vs_Pelican_Case_Micro.html


Edited by lee730 - 9/24/13 at 8:14pm
post #1442 of 2012

AmberOzl, I think your se-5 would fit the pelican 1010 just fine

 

 

post #1443 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

I actually checked the dimensions of all of them and decided to go for 1020 as a safe choice and easy of use. The problem I have, I don't want to spend too much time on rolling the cables and fixing them in the case, paying attention all the time.

 

However, it doesn't prevent me to thank you specially music_4321, I appreciate your post and information but I feel like since I have always space in my backpack, a little bit bigger case is a better choice for me.

For on the go, try this, trust me:

 

post #1444 of 2012

Mimou what if you sat on it or if a lot of pressure was put onto that carrying case? Is it solid enough to prevent any sort of pressure being put on the SE5? The reason I'm saying this is because the sound tubes in the IEM can easily be damaged due to this which will result in ruining the sound.

post #1445 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Mimou what if you sat on it or if a lot of pressure was put onto that carrying case? Is it solid enough to prevent any sort of pressure being put on the SE5? The reason I'm saying this is because the sound tubes in the IEM can easily be damaged due to this which will result in ruining the sound.

 

Nope you cannot sit or step on it with this box. But on the other hand I am not 3 years old so I should manage. At home I keep it in the 1010.

post #1446 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 

 

Nope you cannot sit or step on it with this box. But on the other hand I am not 3 years old so I should manage. At home I keep it in the 1010.

 

lol you say that now :P. Whatever floats your boat. Just I wouldn't take the risk with an investment at this price point. But that is just me. :)

post #1447 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

lol you say that now :P. Whatever floats your boat. Just I wouldn't take the risk with an investment at this price point. But that is just me. :)

Yep but I do not care because I crap diamonds everyday ;)

post #1448 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 

 

Nope you cannot sit or step on it with this box. But on the other hand I am not 3 years old so I should manage. At home I keep it in the 1010.

Ridiculous.  What good is a CIEM case you can't also use as furniture or as a handy projectile weapon if you're in danger of being mugged?

post #1449 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post
 

Ridiculous.  What good is a CIEM case you can't also use as furniture or as a handy projectile weapon if you're in danger of being mugged?

I always have a foldable chair in my sleeve and a couple of nunchakus in my pants.

post #1450 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 

Yep but I do not care because I crap diamonds everyday ;)

lol'd :D

 

Also, thank you everybody for suggestions.

 

Lee, I don't think I will ever go back to Otter, man that thing is so painful to open.

 

In fact, l ordered 1020 from amazon.fr and will post impressions and provide a few photos when they arrive.

 

I prefer more space and more comfort honestly, so 1010 was kinda risky option for me.

post #1451 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

lol'd :D

 

Also, thank you everybody for suggestions.

 

Lee, I don't think I will ever go back to Otter, man that thing is so painful to open.

 

In fact, l ordered 1020 from amazon.fr and will post impressions and provide a few photos when they arrive.

 

I prefer more space and more comfort honestly, so 1010 was kinda risky option for me.

It think you've made a good call. I received today Peli 1010 (as I'm still not sure with what to replace Otterbox 1000) and it is bulkier then I thought, but the quality of the box is also superior.

post #1452 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

lol'd :D

 

Also, thank you everybody for suggestions.

 

Lee, I don't think I will ever go back to Otter, man that thing is so painful to open.

 

In fact, l ordered 1020 from amazon.fr and will post impressions and provide a few photos when they arrive.

 

I prefer more space and more comfort honestly, so 1010 was kinda risky option for me.

 

I have to agree with you the case grzegorz provides is very hard to open. I'm not sure why either because my Tralucent case is also an otterbox and it was only slightly difficult to open initially. I have no issues at all opening up the 2000 case and this was the same  with the 8A's case as well.

 

Regarding quality. I'm not really sure if that is indeed the case from most reviews I read. The otterbox tends to get the nod over pelican cases in durability as well as being water proof.


Edited by lee730 - 9/25/13 at 2:15am
post #1453 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

Regarding quality. I'm not really sure if that is indeed the case from most reviews I read. The otterbox tends to get the nod over pelican cases in durability as well as being water proof.

 

I don't think that's true (highlighted text).

 

The 1010 & 1020 Pelican cases are also water resistant.

post #1454 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

 

I don't think that's true (highlighted text).

 

The 1010 & 1020 Pelican cases are also water resistant.

 

Where do they state that it is water proof up to 100 ft? The difference between water proof and water resistant seems to vary from product to product. Although I was under the impression water proof was generally safer than water resistant. Someone did mention having a Pelican case fail in preventing water from getting into the case. Luckily he had his camera in an extra plastic bag just in case which saved it.

 

Basically with water resistant it may give you enough time to get the item out of water before the item is damaged but that is not guaranteed. With water proof it is made to be water proof up to a certain depth. Basically the item can be taken under water with you and still be safe.

 

http://dogblog.ruffwear.net/2010/06/01/the-difference-between-waterproof-and-water-resistant/


Edited by lee730 - 9/25/13 at 2:56am
post #1455 of 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

Where do they state that it is water proof up to 100 ft?

 

Did I say the 1010 & 1020 are "water proof up to 100 ft"?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

There is a difference between "water proof" and "water resistant"

 

Thanks for pointing that out — love learning new things every day.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Someone even mentioned having a Pelican case fail in preventing water from getting into the case. Luckily he had his camera in an extra plastic bag just in case which saved it.

 

WOW, great story! Guess I'll have to get several of those Otter cases as I usually keep all my IEMs underwater (60 ft at least).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)