Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12) - Page 91

post #1351 of 2020
Sorry for the derailing...back to SE5...these are really my goto these days. I might treat them to a 901 dap en even see if they benefit from going balanced at a later date. I do not think anyone has tried balanced se5? Not that I know of?
post #1352 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Sorry for the derailing...back to SE5...these are really my goto these days. I might treat them to a 901 dap en even see if they benefit from going balanced at a later date. I do not think anyone has tried balanced se5? Not that I know of?

 

I'm particularly curious about cable pairings? I'm wondering if I should use my old gold cable on them to greater effect? I felt it helped the 8A and enhanced the natural, organic aspect of it...

post #1353 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I'm particularly curious about cable pairings? I'm wondering if I should use my old gold cable on them to greater effect? I felt it helped the 8A and enhanced the natural, organic aspect of it...
I personally think that se5 should not be changed so I use silver...my beat audio oslo II. However if I do go balanced I want to try the intriguing and pretty DHC fusion.
post #1354 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I personally think that se5 should not be changed so I use silver...my beat audio oslo II. However if I do go balanced I want to try the intriguing and pretty DHC fusion.

 

I find silver to have more of an effect on the sound than gold. Makes it more detail oriented. The original gold cable has a more organic approach to sound. I figured this might enhance what is already there on the SE5 :).

post #1355 of 2020

Giving you girlfriend who barely listen to music expensive headphones is not the best use of time and resources.

 

Instead of giving her something you would like her to enjoy, give her something that she actually would enjoy.

Shoes, perfume, clothes, jewellery, flowers, books, spa treatment, a weekend trip to Paris or perhaps tickets to a real concert. That might make her more interested in music.

Believe me I have made similar mistake and giving out presents that I was probably more interested in than the receiver...

Just think if your partner gave you expensive horseback riding lessons at the local stable, as she is a seasoned equestrian, and you not being that keen on the idea of horses and riding, and would rather sit a comfy leather chair and listen to music with your 2K CIEM rig.

It's about communication.

A friend of my did manage to make his now wife interested in fly fishing after he gave her a pretty looking fly rod on her birthday. Now they spend most if their holiday going fly fishing all over the world, so a present can when lucky make all the difference.

We can only hope that we giving away CIEMs will have such effect.

post #1356 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

Just think if your partner gave you expensive horseback riding lessons at the local stable, as she is a seasoned equestrian, and you not being that keen on the idea of horses and riding, and would rather sit a comfy leather chair and listen to music with your 2K CIEM rig.

It's about communication.

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664938/worst-date-stories/120#post_9478590:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

I'm almost 37 now, and I'm still single.  I've done a lot of dating in my years, so I've seen, and lived, every bad date story there is.  I've tried online dating on and off for about 13 years.  I've tried dating the school and work pools.  I've tried staking out coffee shops and grocery stores.  Bottom line, you think of it, I've done that and been there.  Here's some of the lessons I've learned over the years:

 

Avoid girls who:

Are psychologists or psychology majors

Love horses

Have a doll collection in their bedroom

Bring their dog to the first date

Admit to a stint in rehab in the first date

Mention their ex on the first date

Have pictures of their dogs on their online dating profile

 

 

 

So, you shouldn't be dating anyone who's a seasoned equestrian! tongue.gif

 

 

 

 

But back to the SE-5, I really would like to see more comparisons of the SE-5 vs the NT6 Pro.

 

It's a comparison which intrigues me, but very few seem to have owned both, simultaneously.

post #1357 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/664938/worst-date-stories/120#post_9478590:

 

 

 

 

 

So, you shouldn't be dating anyone who's a seasoned equestrian! tongue.gif

 

 

 

 

But back to the SE-5, I really would like to see more comparisons of the SE-5 vs the NT6 Pro.

 

It's a comparison which intrigues me, but very few seem to have owned both, simultaneously.

 

So you are still on the hunt for that end game CIEM? You currently have the MG6 Pro? How is that working out for you? Seems you've had some bad luck with CIEMs from earlier comments I've read...... :(

 

Greed and I should have our SE5s in hand possibly by the end of next week or the beginning of the week after. So I'll keep you posted on my thoughts.


Edited by lee730 - 8/25/13 at 5:46pm
post #1358 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

Giving you girlfriend who barely listen to music expensive headphones is not the best use of time and resources.

Instead of giving her something you would like her to enjoy, give her something that she actually would enjoy.
Shoes, perfume, clothes, jewellery, flowers, books, spa treatment, a weekend trip to Paris or perhaps tickets to a real concert. That might make her more interested in music.
Believe me I have made similar mistake and giving out presents that I was probably more interested in than the receiver...
Just think if your partner gave you expensive horseback riding lessons at the local stable, as she is a seasoned equestrian, and you not being that keen on the idea of horses and riding, and would rather sit a comfy leather chair and listen to music with your 2K CIEM rig.
It's about communication.
A friend of my did manage to make his now wife interested in fly fishing after he gave her a pretty looking fly rod on her birthday. Now they spend most if their holiday going fly fishing all over the world, so a present can when lucky make all the difference.
We can only hope that we giving away CIEMs will have such effect.
How interesting to have relationship advice from someone you do not know on an audio forum. We are posting on our wifes and gfs simply as a joke. Not to be given advice by a poster we do not even know...and even more so to hear such tired clichés. How boring.
post #1359 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


How interesting to have relationship advice from someone you do not know on an audio forum. We are posting on our wifes and gfs simply as a joke. Not to be given advice by a poster we do not even know...and even more so to hear such tired clichés. How boring.

 

lol I have to agree with you both to be honest. But how he approached the subject wasn't a very good way to win votes ;).

post #1360 of 2020

...But the SE-5 listening impressions page is my go-to source for dating advice!!

 

Back to on-topic:  @mimouille:  how's the sub-bass compare between the se-5 and the 1+2?  I'm curious if the bass the se-5 presents can make you forget that its coming from balanced armatures or if it can't nearly produce the rumble that the 1+2's TOTL dynamic driver can produce?

 

Thanks, and for the record I'm trying to woo my most recent love interest with a trail of rose petals leading to the end of a pier where I've stealthily hidden a gondola ride for two.  Gentlemen, feel free to copy biggrin.gif

post #1361 of 2020

(ps- that was a joke- I never know how internet humor translates)

post #1362 of 2020

You can PM for all my seduction tricks.  They work.

 

The SE5 and 1Plus2 bass are equally enjoyable though very different to me. The 1Plus2 has more impact, the dynamic driver moves more air. Somehow the texture of the bass is tighter and somewhat cleaner...hard to explain. On the other hand the SE5 has an unparalleled sub bass rumble, it really reverberates down to your toes.

post #1363 of 2020

Interesting findings!  I would think that rumble and moving air would go hand-in-hand, and that tighter and cleaner describes BAs and reverberation goes with DDs so interesting to hear that the 1plus2 and se5s seem to criss-cross bass characteristics...its like the more I learn, the less I understand.  Just like girls redface.gif

post #1364 of 2020
[Edit:] TMI

Edited by Sinocelt - 8/27/13 at 2:16am
post #1365 of 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

Interesting findings!  I would think that rumble and moving air would go hand-in-hand, and that tighter and cleaner describes BAs and reverberation goes with DDs so interesting to hear that the 1plus2 and se5s seem to criss-cross bass characteristics...its like the more I learn, the less I understand.  Just like girls redface.gif


That is just my opinion and I kinda suck at audio terms. Just know that the two have INCREDIBLE bass, but in different ways.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)