Me too! Only weeks now!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- brandCavalli Audiotagged by System, 5/13/11
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 3/7/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 11/15/13 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here - Page 2post #16 of 3495/4/11 at 6:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3495/5/11 at 9:37ampost #18 of 3495/5/11 at 10:13ampost #19 of 3495/5/11 at 10:14amQuote:Do you happen to know Alex's views on balanced drive, if he doesn't believe balanced drive is worth it, or that we just won't see a balanced version of the LF?
The LF was designed as a SE architecture. Any benefits from a balanced signal would be more than offset by the issues it would create WRT attenuation, feedback, etc and they could have negative effects on the sound signature. The LF, even as a SE amp, has more than enough gain and power to drive any commercially available headphone on the market including the HE5/HE5LE/HE6 orthos. The HE6 is notorious for being extremely power hungry and difficult to drive. The reports from the Austin meet concurred that the LF was more than capable of driving the HE6s.
AC is not opposed to balanced signals or balanced architecture when it's warranted, his eXStatA 'stat amp design is a balanced architecture. But doubling the component count, complexity, and cost for an application where it isn't needed doesn't make sense and I think that is his thought as well.
I built his Liquid Gold prototype as a balanced amp and I have since split it up into two separate SE amps. Even in SE, it has plenty of speed and power to drive my heavily damped, modded orthos and I'm punishing it as a desktop speaker amp as well, just to further torture test it.
Edited by BoilermakerFan - 5/5/11 at 10:18ampost #20 of 3495/5/11 at 10:23am
laghs at HE-6 being power hungry. Its very efficient compared to the wharfies :P
The LF does just fine with the wharfies and having heard the HE-6 with the LF, its an easy load relatively.
And I echo what BMF says above, use balanced where it makes sense not just for the sake of saying you got "balanced" components.
A balanced amp for dynamics and orthos makes no sense to me, unless the amp has insufficient power in SE mode or you need tons of voltage swing to drive say electrets or piezo based headphones.
For an electrostat amp, yeah balanced is the way to go, unless you can design a good single ended to differential input stage ( like he one available on LF by the way!!).post #21 of 3495/18/11 at 1:48pmpost #22 of 3496/2/11 at 10:12ampost #23 of 3496/2/11 at 10:27ampost #24 of 3496/2/11 at 12:32pm
Still waiting for mine too. The delay is in the enclosure which was changed for better ventilation. The quality control for it is another step so we are looking at middle end of June. Also I believe the switches were taking longer too.post #25 of 3496/2/11 at 2:17pmpost #26 of 3496/2/11 at 3:23pmpost #27 of 3496/2/11 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 3496/2/11 at 4:03pm
I will post up a review as soon as I get mine. Of course it will need to break-in. I'll give my initial impressions the later a review and compare it with my Woo WA22.post #29 of 3496/2/11 at 4:32pm
There is the full review from Tom Martin that's supposed to come out as well going by The Audio Beat's posting. Then again i personally don't need to read the reviews to know what this amp is capable of having heard it on numerous occasions, but i can see how you guys are looking forward to reading proper full fledged reviews as audiophiles like that sorta thing :)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 49 seconds ago
- › Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 53 seconds ago
- › Audiophiles - Listening to music or to gear? 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 5 minutes ago
- › CharterOak SP1 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital