Me too! Only weeks now!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- brandCavalli Audiotagged by System, 5/13/11
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 3/7/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here - Page 2post #16 of 3495/4/11 at 6:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3495/5/11 at 9:37ampost #18 of 3495/5/11 at 10:13ampost #19 of 3495/5/11 at 10:14amQuote:Do you happen to know Alex's views on balanced drive, if he doesn't believe balanced drive is worth it, or that we just won't see a balanced version of the LF?
The LF was designed as a SE architecture. Any benefits from a balanced signal would be more than offset by the issues it would create WRT attenuation, feedback, etc and they could have negative effects on the sound signature. The LF, even as a SE amp, has more than enough gain and power to drive any commercially available headphone on the market including the HE5/HE5LE/HE6 orthos. The HE6 is notorious for being extremely power hungry and difficult to drive. The reports from the Austin meet concurred that the LF was more than capable of driving the HE6s.
AC is not opposed to balanced signals or balanced architecture when it's warranted, his eXStatA 'stat amp design is a balanced architecture. But doubling the component count, complexity, and cost for an application where it isn't needed doesn't make sense and I think that is his thought as well.
I built his Liquid Gold prototype as a balanced amp and I have since split it up into two separate SE amps. Even in SE, it has plenty of speed and power to drive my heavily damped, modded orthos and I'm punishing it as a desktop speaker amp as well, just to further torture test it.
Edited by BoilermakerFan - 5/5/11 at 10:18ampost #20 of 3495/5/11 at 10:23am
laghs at HE-6 being power hungry. Its very efficient compared to the wharfies :P
The LF does just fine with the wharfies and having heard the HE-6 with the LF, its an easy load relatively.
And I echo what BMF says above, use balanced where it makes sense not just for the sake of saying you got "balanced" components.
A balanced amp for dynamics and orthos makes no sense to me, unless the amp has insufficient power in SE mode or you need tons of voltage swing to drive say electrets or piezo based headphones.
For an electrostat amp, yeah balanced is the way to go, unless you can design a good single ended to differential input stage ( like he one available on LF by the way!!).post #21 of 3495/18/11 at 1:48pmpost #22 of 3496/2/11 at 10:12ampost #23 of 3496/2/11 at 10:27ampost #24 of 3496/2/11 at 12:32pm
Still waiting for mine too. The delay is in the enclosure which was changed for better ventilation. The quality control for it is another step so we are looking at middle end of June. Also I believe the switches were taking longer too.post #25 of 3496/2/11 at 2:17pmpost #26 of 3496/2/11 at 3:23pmpost #27 of 3496/2/11 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 3496/2/11 at 4:03pm
I will post up a review as soon as I get mine. Of course it will need to break-in. I'll give my initial impressions the later a review and compare it with my Woo WA22.post #29 of 3496/2/11 at 4:32pm
There is the full review from Tom Martin that's supposed to come out as well going by The Audio Beat's posting. Then again i personally don't need to read the reviews to know what this amp is capable of having heard it on numerous occasions, but i can see how you guys are looking forward to reading proper full fledged reviews as audiophiles like that sorta thing :)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the Justear brand of custom IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 7 minutes ago
- › Current Mode Amplifiers, how do they work? 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 10 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 11 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)