Me too! Only weeks now!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- brandCavalli Audiotagged by System, 5/13/11
- productCavalli Audio Liquid Firetagged by System, 3/7/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for Fiio E7 + E9 Last post on 6/14/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 1/22/14 at 6:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here - Page 2post #16 of 3495/4/11 at 6:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3495/5/11 at 9:37ampost #18 of 3495/5/11 at 10:13ampost #19 of 3495/5/11 at 10:14amQuote:Do you happen to know Alex's views on balanced drive, if he doesn't believe balanced drive is worth it, or that we just won't see a balanced version of the LF?
The LF was designed as a SE architecture. Any benefits from a balanced signal would be more than offset by the issues it would create WRT attenuation, feedback, etc and they could have negative effects on the sound signature. The LF, even as a SE amp, has more than enough gain and power to drive any commercially available headphone on the market including the HE5/HE5LE/HE6 orthos. The HE6 is notorious for being extremely power hungry and difficult to drive. The reports from the Austin meet concurred that the LF was more than capable of driving the HE6s.
AC is not opposed to balanced signals or balanced architecture when it's warranted, his eXStatA 'stat amp design is a balanced architecture. But doubling the component count, complexity, and cost for an application where it isn't needed doesn't make sense and I think that is his thought as well.
I built his Liquid Gold prototype as a balanced amp and I have since split it up into two separate SE amps. Even in SE, it has plenty of speed and power to drive my heavily damped, modded orthos and I'm punishing it as a desktop speaker amp as well, just to further torture test it.
Edited by BoilermakerFan - 5/5/11 at 10:18ampost #20 of 3495/5/11 at 10:23am
laghs at HE-6 being power hungry. Its very efficient compared to the wharfies :P
The LF does just fine with the wharfies and having heard the HE-6 with the LF, its an easy load relatively.
And I echo what BMF says above, use balanced where it makes sense not just for the sake of saying you got "balanced" components.
A balanced amp for dynamics and orthos makes no sense to me, unless the amp has insufficient power in SE mode or you need tons of voltage swing to drive say electrets or piezo based headphones.
For an electrostat amp, yeah balanced is the way to go, unless you can design a good single ended to differential input stage ( like he one available on LF by the way!!).post #21 of 3495/18/11 at 1:48pmpost #22 of 3496/2/11 at 10:12ampost #23 of 3496/2/11 at 10:27ampost #24 of 3496/2/11 at 12:32pm
Still waiting for mine too. The delay is in the enclosure which was changed for better ventilation. The quality control for it is another step so we are looking at middle end of June. Also I believe the switches were taking longer too.post #25 of 3496/2/11 at 2:17pmpost #26 of 3496/2/11 at 3:23pmpost #27 of 3496/2/11 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 3496/2/11 at 4:03pm
I will post up a review as soon as I get mine. Of course it will need to break-in. I'll give my initial impressions the later a review and compare it with my Woo WA22.post #29 of 3496/2/11 at 4:32pm
There is the full review from Tom Martin that's supposed to come out as well going by The Audio Beat's posting. Then again i personally don't need to read the reviews to know what this amp is capable of having heard it on numerous occasions, but i can see how you guys are looking forward to reading proper full fledged reviews as audiophiles like that sorta thing :)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 Mint/Like New 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Binaural suggestions? 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude