Looking forward to read it =3
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
miu mr2 pro - Page 6post #76 of 825/16/11 at 12:18am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 825/17/11 at 9:33pmI've just re-acquired an IE8 to do a proper AB comparison. I should still burn these in further, but surprisingly, comparing the Mius with stock small tips to the IE8 with stock silicon soft flex, they sound uncannily similar. IE8 is on smallest bass port settings, by the way.
I'll do some more listening and comparisons In A proper listening environment, as I'm currently on the go, but these Mius just keep impressing me.
I'll be acquiring a Metro.Fi 220 later today as well, which is what I thought to be the real rival of these IEMs, but so far they really are giving the IE8 a run for their money.
Hmm, the Mius have far more bass than the IE8 at bass port 1. I am gonna try widening the bass port, as it is for bass heads the Mius pull far ahead. Hold on....
Based on a preliminary listen, and I don't want to rush this judgement, but actually... These are better than the IE8! bass ports full open, the Mius still have more bass than the IE8. But surprisingly,the Miu's bass is cleaner and nit as boomy or muddy. It's just deeper and has more kick and impact. The IE8 I usually just keep at port 3 or less because going up to 5 introduces sloppiness and at times distortion to the bass. The bass on the Miu's don't distort.
And what's more, they keep a clean sound on the mids even like this. Better than the IE8 at 5. However, now I know why I get fatigued on these. The bass is a bit much for a closed in-ear without vents. I am thinking this is why I get fatigued with these so easily. I wonder if I can mod these by venting them....
Edited by Mochan - 5/17/11 at 9:50pmpost #78 of 825/20/11 at 11:15am
Mochan, try punching a hole on the paper filters being used, it should help reduce the shelling resonance at least by a little bit =)
I'm gonna try venting them when given the chance though =Dpost #79 of 825/20/11 at 1:47pm
Upper mids too grainy on the MR2. The bass presence sort of makes everything else sound recessed. It sounds like I'm sitting next to subwoofers while everything else is 20 feet away. If I turn it up, the bass will be too loud before the mids are less distant. My pair also has the left side being more quiet. I've burned in my pair for about 150 hours
Edited by kite7 - 5/20/11 at 1:53pmpost #80 of 825/21/11 at 8:14ampost #81 of 825/21/11 at 1:59pmpost #82 of 825/21/11 at 5:34pm
Mids are definitely recessed, which I believe is part of what gives these IEMs their soundstage.
I am also finding a little grain on the overall spectrum, not sure if it's really grain that's causing my headaches or the massive bass. Likely the latter. Incidentally, I was burning these for the past two days with pink noise and low freq sweeps. The massive bass seems to have disappeared, replaced with tighter bass. Not sure if I am happy with that. :)
The mids are still recessed, but surprisingly are very clear and easy to make out. They are quite well defined, again similar to the venerable Metro.Fi 220, but much more laidback as the MF220 was a very upfront and in your face set. Overall I am really, really happy with these, they are like an IE8, a bit grainier but very similar in many respects, and a worthy "stand in."
I've been changing up my gear line up to one great headphone and supplementing it with additional stuff, and in the IEM arena I am aiming ot just have one great IEM and the rest are "throwaway" sets like the MR2: cheap but very solid sound quality. The MR2 is so cheap that it's criminal, but I stand by saying that its sound is way beyond its price and it can easily compete with far more expensive IEMs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- miu mr2 pro
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 31 seconds ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 7 minutes ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear