Looking forward to read it =3
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? Last post on 9/21/14 at 9:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing the right IEM's for me Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMS around 50-90 dollars? Last post on 12/1/13 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
miu mr2 pro - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll do some more listening and comparisons In A proper listening environment, as I'm currently on the go, but these Mius just keep impressing me.
I'll be acquiring a Metro.Fi 220 later today as well, which is what I thought to be the real rival of these IEMs, but so far they really are giving the IE8 a run for their money.
Hmm, the Mius have far more bass than the IE8 at bass port 1. I am gonna try widening the bass port, as it is for bass heads the Mius pull far ahead. Hold on....
Based on a preliminary listen, and I don't want to rush this judgement, but actually... These are better than the IE8! bass ports full open, the Mius still have more bass than the IE8. But surprisingly,the Miu's bass is cleaner and nit as boomy or muddy. It's just deeper and has more kick and impact. The IE8 I usually just keep at port 3 or less because going up to 5 introduces sloppiness and at times distortion to the bass. The bass on the Miu's don't distort.
And what's more, they keep a clean sound on the mids even like this. Better than the IE8 at 5. However, now I know why I get fatigued on these. The bass is a bit much for a closed in-ear without vents. I am thinking this is why I get fatigued with these so easily. I wonder if I can mod these by venting them....
Edited by Mochan - 5/17/11 at 9:50pm
Mochan, try punching a hole on the paper filters being used, it should help reduce the shelling resonance at least by a little bit =)
I'm gonna try venting them when given the chance though =D
Upper mids too grainy on the MR2. The bass presence sort of makes everything else sound recessed. It sounds like I'm sitting next to subwoofers while everything else is 20 feet away. If I turn it up, the bass will be too loud before the mids are less distant. My pair also has the left side being more quiet. I've burned in my pair for about 150 hours
Edited by kite7 - 5/20/11 at 1:53pm
Mids are definitely recessed, which I believe is part of what gives these IEMs their soundstage.
I am also finding a little grain on the overall spectrum, not sure if it's really grain that's causing my headaches or the massive bass. Likely the latter. Incidentally, I was burning these for the past two days with pink noise and low freq sweeps. The massive bass seems to have disappeared, replaced with tighter bass. Not sure if I am happy with that. :)
The mids are still recessed, but surprisingly are very clear and easy to make out. They are quite well defined, again similar to the venerable Metro.Fi 220, but much more laidback as the MF220 was a very upfront and in your face set. Overall I am really, really happy with these, they are like an IE8, a bit grainier but very similar in many respects, and a worthy "stand in."
I've been changing up my gear line up to one great headphone and supplementing it with additional stuff, and in the IEM arena I am aiming ot just have one great IEM and the rest are "throwaway" sets like the MR2: cheap but very solid sound quality. The MR2 is so cheap that it's criminal, but I stand by saying that its sound is way beyond its price and it can easily compete with far more expensive IEMs.
- miu mr2 pro
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Which open headphones would be a good compliment to my NAD Viso HP50? 45 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 56 seconds ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Noontec Zoro HD review 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › Most expensive pair of IEMs you've ever lost .... 4 minutes ago
- › "Good" PC speakers for 100-150$ budget 7 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)