Looking forward to read it =3
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 5:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
miu mr2 pro - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll do some more listening and comparisons In A proper listening environment, as I'm currently on the go, but these Mius just keep impressing me.
I'll be acquiring a Metro.Fi 220 later today as well, which is what I thought to be the real rival of these IEMs, but so far they really are giving the IE8 a run for their money.
Hmm, the Mius have far more bass than the IE8 at bass port 1. I am gonna try widening the bass port, as it is for bass heads the Mius pull far ahead. Hold on....
Based on a preliminary listen, and I don't want to rush this judgement, but actually... These are better than the IE8! bass ports full open, the Mius still have more bass than the IE8. But surprisingly,the Miu's bass is cleaner and nit as boomy or muddy. It's just deeper and has more kick and impact. The IE8 I usually just keep at port 3 or less because going up to 5 introduces sloppiness and at times distortion to the bass. The bass on the Miu's don't distort.
And what's more, they keep a clean sound on the mids even like this. Better than the IE8 at 5. However, now I know why I get fatigued on these. The bass is a bit much for a closed in-ear without vents. I am thinking this is why I get fatigued with these so easily. I wonder if I can mod these by venting them....
Edited by Mochan - 5/17/11 at 9:50pm
Mochan, try punching a hole on the paper filters being used, it should help reduce the shelling resonance at least by a little bit =)
I'm gonna try venting them when given the chance though =D
Upper mids too grainy on the MR2. The bass presence sort of makes everything else sound recessed. It sounds like I'm sitting next to subwoofers while everything else is 20 feet away. If I turn it up, the bass will be too loud before the mids are less distant. My pair also has the left side being more quiet. I've burned in my pair for about 150 hours
Edited by kite7 - 5/20/11 at 1:53pm
Mids are definitely recessed, which I believe is part of what gives these IEMs their soundstage.
I am also finding a little grain on the overall spectrum, not sure if it's really grain that's causing my headaches or the massive bass. Likely the latter. Incidentally, I was burning these for the past two days with pink noise and low freq sweeps. The massive bass seems to have disappeared, replaced with tighter bass. Not sure if I am happy with that. :)
The mids are still recessed, but surprisingly are very clear and easy to make out. They are quite well defined, again similar to the venerable Metro.Fi 220, but much more laidback as the MF220 was a very upfront and in your face set. Overall I am really, really happy with these, they are like an IE8, a bit grainier but very similar in many respects, and a worthy "stand in."
I've been changing up my gear line up to one great headphone and supplementing it with additional stuff, and in the IEM arena I am aiming ot just have one great IEM and the rest are "throwaway" sets like the MR2: cheap but very solid sound quality. The MR2 is so cheap that it's criminal, but I stand by saying that its sound is way beyond its price and it can easily compete with far more expensive IEMs.
- miu mr2 pro
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 4 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 40 seconds ago
- › Beats studio wireless and powerbeats2 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 - 1 month old 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion is coming - New DAP in Town 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for good headphones in my price range 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audioquest USB, Toslink, Wireworld Coaxial, Kimber Speaker Cables 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha MT220 Headphones For sale as new 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2