I voted for beats!
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what? - Page 2
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #17 of 454/12/11 at 8:29pmpost #18 of 454/12/11 at 8:39pmpost #19 of 454/12/11 at 8:42pmpost #20 of 454/12/11 at 9:04pmpost #21 of 454/12/11 at 9:31pm
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
To the OP I suggest you do a little research and do your best not to fall into the Monster hyper machine that's already devoured so many others.
Just decide what sound signature you're after and starting scouring though all of those threads, then decide on what you want to get.post #22 of 454/12/11 at 10:11pm
Ultrasone HFI-580 ORRR I'm putting my reputation and 1500 posts on the line, the Skull candy aviators. IMO HFI-580>Aviators>PortaPro>KSC75>Beats<Senn PS45
no love for the beats AT ALL, the HFI-580 are killer cans for bass, and have one of the biggest sound stages for a closed can. The aviators were a shock to say the least and blew the beats in half.post #23 of 454/12/11 at 10:36pm
You are going to get a ton of headphone recommendations if you go by this thread. In the future, I would suggest you search the forums a little more before making a post like this. Dre Beats and Bose tend to be looked down upon a lot here. Their sound quality, while better than your normal headphones, are very very overpriced for the sound quality they give you. I would probably say the Sony MDR XB-500 or XB-700 would be a good place to start for you as they are quite inexpensive and sound better than the Beats. But again, in your price range, there are a lot of headphones to choose from. Please try and search through the forums a bit and see what sound signatures you might like in your price range. Once you have narrowed it down to a few and if you still cannot decide between those, you can come make a thread about it.
These threads that compare other headphones to Beats never really get anywhere and tends to go in cirlces. No offense to the OP or anyone else, but shouldn't we consider just stopping this here?
Edited by afrobat - 4/12/11 at 10:46pmpost #24 of 454/12/11 at 10:37pm
Let me put it this way... If you're the kind of person who drives around with the bass so loud you can barely hear the music but the glass in the houses you drive by rattles... Then go with Beats.
If, however, you actually care about audio quality, BUY ANYTHING ELSE.post #25 of 454/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #26 of 454/13/11 at 12:27amQuote:
OMG, I just loved that quote
Somehow makes me think that Beats might make friends with iPhone 4 and such After all, no one said they were utter crap, only MEGA overpriced and with dubious styling.
EDIT: @afrobat: Agreed. Over and out.post #27 of 454/17/11 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #28 of 454/17/11 at 6:43pmTurk, I do hope you are not a troll, which I think you are not, but it's just so odd to see someone on this forum actually talking about the beats in such a a light. Not to say they are utterly terrible, and Monster actually does make some great products(look at their non-liscenced IEMs), but you can do far better than the beats. That link you got with the 70+ headphones is probably your best starting point. I'd say check out the Audiotechnica M50, some of the ultrasone models, the Beyer dt770, the Denon D2000, etc.post #29 of 454/17/11 at 9:16pmQuote:
i voted for the Beats. Why you ask? I did it for teh lulz.Quote:
Bahahahahahahapost #30 of 454/18/11 at 1:52amQuote:
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 58 seconds ago
- › LZ-A3 (DIY triple hybrid) Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 6 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › High End vs. Equalized Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...