I voted for beats!
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looks: 10 These look really good and matured in design. The carbon fiber earcups especially (when not covered in fingerprints) Can't go wrong with all black. What concerns me a little is how long...
I'm using this cable with my SMSL SD793-ii because its only option for a computer is its optical output. It does its job and for $8/6ft its worth it for sure. Overall just gives the user great...
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what? - Page 2
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #17 of 454/12/11 at 8:29pmpost #18 of 454/12/11 at 8:39pmpost #19 of 454/12/11 at 8:42pmpost #20 of 454/12/11 at 9:04pmpost #21 of 454/12/11 at 9:31pm
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
To the OP I suggest you do a little research and do your best not to fall into the Monster hyper machine that's already devoured so many others.
Just decide what sound signature you're after and starting scouring though all of those threads, then decide on what you want to get.post #22 of 454/12/11 at 10:11pm
Ultrasone HFI-580 ORRR I'm putting my reputation and 1500 posts on the line, the Skull candy aviators. IMO HFI-580>Aviators>PortaPro>KSC75>Beats<Senn PS45
no love for the beats AT ALL, the HFI-580 are killer cans for bass, and have one of the biggest sound stages for a closed can. The aviators were a shock to say the least and blew the beats in half.post #23 of 454/12/11 at 10:36pm
You are going to get a ton of headphone recommendations if you go by this thread. In the future, I would suggest you search the forums a little more before making a post like this. Dre Beats and Bose tend to be looked down upon a lot here. Their sound quality, while better than your normal headphones, are very very overpriced for the sound quality they give you. I would probably say the Sony MDR XB-500 or XB-700 would be a good place to start for you as they are quite inexpensive and sound better than the Beats. But again, in your price range, there are a lot of headphones to choose from. Please try and search through the forums a bit and see what sound signatures you might like in your price range. Once you have narrowed it down to a few and if you still cannot decide between those, you can come make a thread about it.
These threads that compare other headphones to Beats never really get anywhere and tends to go in cirlces. No offense to the OP or anyone else, but shouldn't we consider just stopping this here?
Edited by afrobat - 4/12/11 at 10:46pmpost #24 of 454/12/11 at 10:37pm
Let me put it this way... If you're the kind of person who drives around with the bass so loud you can barely hear the music but the glass in the houses you drive by rattles... Then go with Beats.
If, however, you actually care about audio quality, BUY ANYTHING ELSE.post #25 of 454/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #26 of 454/13/11 at 12:27amQuote:
OMG, I just loved that quote
Somehow makes me think that Beats might make friends with iPhone 4 and such After all, no one said they were utter crap, only MEGA overpriced and with dubious styling.
EDIT: @afrobat: Agreed. Over and out.post #27 of 454/17/11 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #28 of 454/17/11 at 6:43pmTurk, I do hope you are not a troll, which I think you are not, but it's just so odd to see someone on this forum actually talking about the beats in such a a light. Not to say they are utterly terrible, and Monster actually does make some great products(look at their non-liscenced IEMs), but you can do far better than the beats. That link you got with the 70+ headphones is probably your best starting point. I'd say check out the Audiotechnica M50, some of the ultrasone models, the Beyer dt770, the Denon D2000, etc.post #29 of 454/17/11 at 9:16pmQuote:
i voted for the Beats. Why you ask? I did it for teh lulz.Quote:
Bahahahahahahapost #30 of 454/18/11 at 1:52amQuote:
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 9 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 13 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 15 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...