I voted for beats!
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what? - Page 2
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #17 of 454/12/11 at 8:29pmpost #18 of 454/12/11 at 8:39pmpost #19 of 454/12/11 at 8:42pmpost #20 of 454/12/11 at 9:04pmpost #21 of 454/12/11 at 9:31pm
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
To the OP I suggest you do a little research and do your best not to fall into the Monster hyper machine that's already devoured so many others.
Just decide what sound signature you're after and starting scouring though all of those threads, then decide on what you want to get.post #22 of 454/12/11 at 10:11pm
Ultrasone HFI-580 ORRR I'm putting my reputation and 1500 posts on the line, the Skull candy aviators. IMO HFI-580>Aviators>PortaPro>KSC75>Beats<Senn PS45
no love for the beats AT ALL, the HFI-580 are killer cans for bass, and have one of the biggest sound stages for a closed can. The aviators were a shock to say the least and blew the beats in half.post #23 of 454/12/11 at 10:36pm
You are going to get a ton of headphone recommendations if you go by this thread. In the future, I would suggest you search the forums a little more before making a post like this. Dre Beats and Bose tend to be looked down upon a lot here. Their sound quality, while better than your normal headphones, are very very overpriced for the sound quality they give you. I would probably say the Sony MDR XB-500 or XB-700 would be a good place to start for you as they are quite inexpensive and sound better than the Beats. But again, in your price range, there are a lot of headphones to choose from. Please try and search through the forums a bit and see what sound signatures you might like in your price range. Once you have narrowed it down to a few and if you still cannot decide between those, you can come make a thread about it.
These threads that compare other headphones to Beats never really get anywhere and tends to go in cirlces. No offense to the OP or anyone else, but shouldn't we consider just stopping this here?
Edited by afrobat - 4/12/11 at 10:46pmpost #24 of 454/12/11 at 10:37pm
Let me put it this way... If you're the kind of person who drives around with the bass so loud you can barely hear the music but the glass in the houses you drive by rattles... Then go with Beats.
If, however, you actually care about audio quality, BUY ANYTHING ELSE.post #25 of 454/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #26 of 454/13/11 at 12:27amQuote:
OMG, I just loved that quote
Somehow makes me think that Beats might make friends with iPhone 4 and such After all, no one said they were utter crap, only MEGA overpriced and with dubious styling.
EDIT: @afrobat: Agreed. Over and out.post #27 of 454/17/11 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #28 of 454/17/11 at 6:43pmTurk, I do hope you are not a troll, which I think you are not, but it's just so odd to see someone on this forum actually talking about the beats in such a a light. Not to say they are utterly terrible, and Monster actually does make some great products(look at their non-liscenced IEMs), but you can do far better than the beats. That link you got with the 70+ headphones is probably your best starting point. I'd say check out the Audiotechnica M50, some of the ultrasone models, the Beyer dt770, the Denon D2000, etc.post #29 of 454/17/11 at 9:16pmQuote:
i voted for the Beats. Why you ask? I did it for teh lulz.Quote:
Bahahahahahahapost #30 of 454/18/11 at 1:52amQuote:
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphone for gaming: AKG K612 or Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250 Ohm? 40 seconds ago
- › Need headphone recommendation - please help!! 43 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Magnat LZR series 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2