I voted for beats!
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what? - Page 2
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #17 of 454/12/11 at 8:29pmpost #18 of 454/12/11 at 8:39pmpost #19 of 454/12/11 at 8:42pmpost #20 of 454/12/11 at 9:04pmpost #21 of 454/12/11 at 9:31pm
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
To the OP I suggest you do a little research and do your best not to fall into the Monster hyper machine that's already devoured so many others.
Just decide what sound signature you're after and starting scouring though all of those threads, then decide on what you want to get.post #22 of 454/12/11 at 10:11pm
Ultrasone HFI-580 ORRR I'm putting my reputation and 1500 posts on the line, the Skull candy aviators. IMO HFI-580>Aviators>PortaPro>KSC75>Beats<Senn PS45
no love for the beats AT ALL, the HFI-580 are killer cans for bass, and have one of the biggest sound stages for a closed can. The aviators were a shock to say the least and blew the beats in half.post #23 of 454/12/11 at 10:36pm
You are going to get a ton of headphone recommendations if you go by this thread. In the future, I would suggest you search the forums a little more before making a post like this. Dre Beats and Bose tend to be looked down upon a lot here. Their sound quality, while better than your normal headphones, are very very overpriced for the sound quality they give you. I would probably say the Sony MDR XB-500 or XB-700 would be a good place to start for you as they are quite inexpensive and sound better than the Beats. But again, in your price range, there are a lot of headphones to choose from. Please try and search through the forums a bit and see what sound signatures you might like in your price range. Once you have narrowed it down to a few and if you still cannot decide between those, you can come make a thread about it.
These threads that compare other headphones to Beats never really get anywhere and tends to go in cirlces. No offense to the OP or anyone else, but shouldn't we consider just stopping this here?
Edited by afrobat - 4/12/11 at 10:46pmpost #24 of 454/12/11 at 10:37pm
Let me put it this way... If you're the kind of person who drives around with the bass so loud you can barely hear the music but the glass in the houses you drive by rattles... Then go with Beats.
If, however, you actually care about audio quality, BUY ANYTHING ELSE.post #25 of 454/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #26 of 454/13/11 at 12:27amQuote:
OMG, I just loved that quote
Somehow makes me think that Beats might make friends with iPhone 4 and such After all, no one said they were utter crap, only MEGA overpriced and with dubious styling.
EDIT: @afrobat: Agreed. Over and out.post #27 of 454/17/11 at 12:11pmThread Starterpost #28 of 454/17/11 at 6:43pmTurk, I do hope you are not a troll, which I think you are not, but it's just so odd to see someone on this forum actually talking about the beats in such a a light. Not to say they are utterly terrible, and Monster actually does make some great products(look at their non-liscenced IEMs), but you can do far better than the beats. That link you got with the 70+ headphones is probably your best starting point. I'd say check out the Audiotechnica M50, some of the ultrasone models, the Beyer dt770, the Denon D2000, etc.post #29 of 454/17/11 at 9:16pmQuote:
i voted for the Beats. Why you ask? I did it for teh lulz.Quote:
Bahahahahahahapost #30 of 454/18/11 at 1:52amQuote:
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 45 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...