OK so here is the problem. I am thinking about getting myself a good pair of headphones. SOUND QUALITY is key. Looks are preferable as well. Im leaning pretty far twoards a pair of Dr. Dre Beats because of the quality and the great bass. I mainly listen to songs with base but i do listen to techo, classical, and few other generas. so bass is key, but also a good balance of other features. THANKS FOR YOU HELP.
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #1 of 454/12/11 at 6:23pmThread Starterpost #2 of 454/12/11 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 454/12/11 at 6:29pmpost #4 of 454/12/11 at 6:30pmpost #5 of 454/12/11 at 6:31pmpost #6 of 454/12/11 at 6:33pmpost #7 of 454/12/11 at 6:36pmNO DOOD. JUST...NO. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SKULLCANDY SKULLCRUSHERS WITH BUILT IN "SUBWOOFERS". THEY HAVE SO MUCH BASS THAT THEY CAN VIBRATE OFF A TABLE, THE BEATS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT.
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 6:43pmpost #8 of 454/12/11 at 6:46pmpost #9 of 454/12/11 at 6:59pmpost #10 of 454/12/11 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #11 of 454/12/11 at 8:00pm
This thread can get you started out. From there you can pick some you find interesting, then do some searches of them on head-fi and find comparisons or recommendations from there on out. Have fun! There is no universal best in any regards, so you'd have to be real specific to get specific recommendations.post #12 of 454/12/11 at 8:11pmI would look into the shure srh840, or a pair of ath m50s =D, but yeah... read some threads here and see what looks good to you and the kind of you music you listen to. Regardless of what you choose, they will probably sound better than the beats =D
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 8:14pmpost #13 of 454/12/11 at 8:17pm
The beats will match your nike's .... Joking aside.... You all have to admit the beats do produce an impressive full sound from a non amped source, that said I would suggest the Audio Technica M50's they are very well rounded and can deff drop the bass. They can be had from B&H for $119.00 they are the BEST you can get for your money IMHO, Wish I have heard them before the SRH840's but hindsight is 20/20 right.post #14 of 454/12/11 at 8:22pm
There are plenty of headphones around the price of the "beats". I assume you mean the $300 dollar ones, in which case I know Ultrasone has several models in that price range, as well as Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Phiaton, Audio Technica, and Grado. I'm sure there are others too. I think you'd want more bass than Grado's and AKG's though. The Sennheiser and Beyer's usually tend to have a bassier feel to them. I'd recommend checking out the Sennheiser HD line, or the 32 ohm version of the Beyerdynamic DT 770. I know Shure has some headphones in the $200-$400 range too but I'm only familiar with their IEM's. Which, actually if you're planning on going portable might be something worth looking into because a lot of IEM's have pretty fantastic bass. Take a look at HeadRoom's page www.headphone.com No i'm not an employee of theirs but they do have a wide selection and even if you don't buy from them at least you can get an idea of what's out there in your price range.
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Eddie Current 2a3MKIV (Cinemag version) 56 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › JH AUDIO ROSIE IEM. 750 DOLLAR 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › PC Connection Issues 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › Strange problem with Creative SoundBlaster E3 5 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 6 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...