OK so here is the problem. I am thinking about getting myself a good pair of headphones. SOUND QUALITY is key. Looks are preferable as well. Im leaning pretty far twoards a pair of Dr. Dre Beats because of the quality and the great bass. I mainly listen to songs with base but i do listen to techo, classical, and few other generas. so bass is key, but also a good balance of other features. THANKS FOR YOU HELP.
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #2 of 454/12/11 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 454/12/11 at 6:29pmpost #4 of 454/12/11 at 6:30pmpost #5 of 454/12/11 at 6:31pmpost #6 of 454/12/11 at 6:33pmpost #7 of 454/12/11 at 6:36pmNO DOOD. JUST...NO. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SKULLCANDY SKULLCRUSHERS WITH BUILT IN "SUBWOOFERS". THEY HAVE SO MUCH BASS THAT THEY CAN VIBRATE OFF A TABLE, THE BEATS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT.
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 6:43pmpost #8 of 454/12/11 at 6:46pmpost #9 of 454/12/11 at 6:59pmpost #10 of 454/12/11 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #11 of 454/12/11 at 8:00pm
This thread can get you started out. From there you can pick some you find interesting, then do some searches of them on head-fi and find comparisons or recommendations from there on out. Have fun! There is no universal best in any regards, so you'd have to be real specific to get specific recommendations.post #12 of 454/12/11 at 8:11pmI would look into the shure srh840, or a pair of ath m50s =D, but yeah... read some threads here and see what looks good to you and the kind of you music you listen to. Regardless of what you choose, they will probably sound better than the beats =D
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 8:14pmpost #13 of 454/12/11 at 8:17pm
The beats will match your nike's .... Joking aside.... You all have to admit the beats do produce an impressive full sound from a non amped source, that said I would suggest the Audio Technica M50's they are very well rounded and can deff drop the bass. They can be had from B&H for $119.00 they are the BEST you can get for your money IMHO, Wish I have heard them before the SRH840's but hindsight is 20/20 right.post #14 of 454/12/11 at 8:22pm
There are plenty of headphones around the price of the "beats". I assume you mean the $300 dollar ones, in which case I know Ultrasone has several models in that price range, as well as Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Phiaton, Audio Technica, and Grado. I'm sure there are others too. I think you'd want more bass than Grado's and AKG's though. The Sennheiser and Beyer's usually tend to have a bassier feel to them. I'd recommend checking out the Sennheiser HD line, or the 32 ohm version of the Beyerdynamic DT 770. I know Shure has some headphones in the $200-$400 range too but I'm only familiar with their IEM's. Which, actually if you're planning on going portable might be something worth looking into because a lot of IEM's have pretty fantastic bass. Take a look at HeadRoom's page www.headphone.com No i'm not an employee of theirs but they do have a wide selection and even if you don't buy from them at least you can get an idea of what's out there in your price range.
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Yulong D200 DSD DAC/Headphone amp. 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 4 minutes ago
- › maybe made a mistake selling my old speakers - now need... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)