OK so here is the problem. I am thinking about getting myself a good pair of headphones. SOUND QUALITY is key. Looks are preferable as well. Im leaning pretty far twoards a pair of Dr. Dre Beats because of the quality and the great bass. I mainly listen to songs with base but i do listen to techo, classical, and few other generas. so bass is key, but also a good balance of other features. THANKS FOR YOU HELP.
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #1 of 454/12/11 at 6:23pmThread Starterpost #2 of 454/12/11 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 454/12/11 at 6:29pmpost #4 of 454/12/11 at 6:30pmpost #5 of 454/12/11 at 6:31pmpost #6 of 454/12/11 at 6:33pmpost #7 of 454/12/11 at 6:36pmNO DOOD. JUST...NO. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SKULLCANDY SKULLCRUSHERS WITH BUILT IN "SUBWOOFERS". THEY HAVE SO MUCH BASS THAT THEY CAN VIBRATE OFF A TABLE, THE BEATS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT.
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 6:43pmpost #8 of 454/12/11 at 6:46pmpost #9 of 454/12/11 at 6:59pmpost #10 of 454/12/11 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #11 of 454/12/11 at 8:00pm
This thread can get you started out. From there you can pick some you find interesting, then do some searches of them on head-fi and find comparisons or recommendations from there on out. Have fun! There is no universal best in any regards, so you'd have to be real specific to get specific recommendations.post #12 of 454/12/11 at 8:11pmI would look into the shure srh840, or a pair of ath m50s =D, but yeah... read some threads here and see what looks good to you and the kind of you music you listen to. Regardless of what you choose, they will probably sound better than the beats =D
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 8:14pmpost #13 of 454/12/11 at 8:17pm
The beats will match your nike's .... Joking aside.... You all have to admit the beats do produce an impressive full sound from a non amped source, that said I would suggest the Audio Technica M50's they are very well rounded and can deff drop the bass. They can be had from B&H for $119.00 they are the BEST you can get for your money IMHO, Wish I have heard them before the SRH840's but hindsight is 20/20 right.post #14 of 454/12/11 at 8:22pm
There are plenty of headphones around the price of the "beats". I assume you mean the $300 dollar ones, in which case I know Ultrasone has several models in that price range, as well as Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Phiaton, Audio Technica, and Grado. I'm sure there are others too. I think you'd want more bass than Grado's and AKG's though. The Sennheiser and Beyer's usually tend to have a bassier feel to them. I'd recommend checking out the Sennheiser HD line, or the 32 ohm version of the Beyerdynamic DT 770. I know Shure has some headphones in the $200-$400 range too but I'm only familiar with their IEM's. Which, actually if you're planning on going portable might be something worth looking into because a lot of IEM's have pretty fantastic bass. Take a look at HeadRoom's page www.headphone.com No i'm not an employee of theirs but they do have a wide selection and even if you don't buy from them at least you can get an idea of what's out there in your price range.
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 14 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 25 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E5 Portable USB 24/192 DAC/Amp Combo /w... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...