OK so here is the problem. I am thinking about getting myself a good pair of headphones. SOUND QUALITY is key. Looks are preferable as well. Im leaning pretty far twoards a pair of Dr. Dre Beats because of the quality and the great bass. I mainly listen to songs with base but i do listen to techo, classical, and few other generas. so bass is key, but also a good balance of other features. THANKS FOR YOU HELP.
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #1 of 454/12/11 at 6:23pmThread Starterpost #2 of 454/12/11 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 454/12/11 at 6:29pmpost #4 of 454/12/11 at 6:30pmpost #5 of 454/12/11 at 6:31pmpost #6 of 454/12/11 at 6:33pmpost #7 of 454/12/11 at 6:36pmNO DOOD. JUST...NO. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SKULLCANDY SKULLCRUSHERS WITH BUILT IN "SUBWOOFERS". THEY HAVE SO MUCH BASS THAT THEY CAN VIBRATE OFF A TABLE, THE BEATS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT.
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 6:43pmpost #8 of 454/12/11 at 6:46pmpost #9 of 454/12/11 at 6:59pmpost #10 of 454/12/11 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #11 of 454/12/11 at 8:00pm
This thread can get you started out. From there you can pick some you find interesting, then do some searches of them on head-fi and find comparisons or recommendations from there on out. Have fun! There is no universal best in any regards, so you'd have to be real specific to get specific recommendations.post #12 of 454/12/11 at 8:11pmI would look into the shure srh840, or a pair of ath m50s =D, but yeah... read some threads here and see what looks good to you and the kind of you music you listen to. Regardless of what you choose, they will probably sound better than the beats =D
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 8:14pmpost #13 of 454/12/11 at 8:17pm
The beats will match your nike's .... Joking aside.... You all have to admit the beats do produce an impressive full sound from a non amped source, that said I would suggest the Audio Technica M50's they are very well rounded and can deff drop the bass. They can be had from B&H for $119.00 they are the BEST you can get for your money IMHO, Wish I have heard them before the SRH840's but hindsight is 20/20 right.post #14 of 454/12/11 at 8:22pm
There are plenty of headphones around the price of the "beats". I assume you mean the $300 dollar ones, in which case I know Ultrasone has several models in that price range, as well as Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Phiaton, Audio Technica, and Grado. I'm sure there are others too. I think you'd want more bass than Grado's and AKG's though. The Sennheiser and Beyer's usually tend to have a bassier feel to them. I'd recommend checking out the Sennheiser HD line, or the 32 ohm version of the Beyerdynamic DT 770. I know Shure has some headphones in the $200-$400 range too but I'm only familiar with their IEM's. Which, actually if you're planning on going portable might be something worth looking into because a lot of IEM's have pretty fantastic bass. Take a look at HeadRoom's page www.headphone.com No i'm not an employee of theirs but they do have a wide selection and even if you don't buy from them at least you can get an idea of what's out there in your price range.
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 second ago
- › NEW 2014 SONY MDR-XB950AP/H 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 5 minutes ago
- › HM-901 6 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)