OK so here is the problem. I am thinking about getting myself a good pair of headphones. SOUND QUALITY is key. Looks are preferable as well. Im leaning pretty far twoards a pair of Dr. Dre Beats because of the quality and the great bass. I mainly listen to songs with base but i do listen to techo, classical, and few other generas. so bass is key, but also a good balance of other features. THANKS FOR YOU HELP.
Related Forum Threads
- Beats by Dr. Dre/Skullcandy Headphones-- are they really that good or just an overpriced fashion... Last post on 10/13/10 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ones are the truly pro headphone brands? Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats Solo ? Last post on 1/8/11 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!** Last post on 10/8/10 at 7:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
Poll Results: Beats or othersPoll expired: Jun 12, 2011
67 Total Votespost #2 of 454/12/11 at 6:26pmpost #3 of 454/12/11 at 6:29pmpost #4 of 454/12/11 at 6:30pmpost #5 of 454/12/11 at 6:31pmpost #6 of 454/12/11 at 6:33pmpost #7 of 454/12/11 at 6:36pmNO DOOD. JUST...NO. ITS ALL ABOUT THE SKULLCANDY SKULLCRUSHERS WITH BUILT IN "SUBWOOFERS". THEY HAVE SO MUCH BASS THAT THEY CAN VIBRATE OFF A TABLE, THE BEATS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT.
11% (8)Dr. Dre Beats
88% (59)Other headphones
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 6:43pmpost #8 of 454/12/11 at 6:46pmpost #9 of 454/12/11 at 6:59pmpost #10 of 454/12/11 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #11 of 454/12/11 at 8:00pm
This thread can get you started out. From there you can pick some you find interesting, then do some searches of them on head-fi and find comparisons or recommendations from there on out. Have fun! There is no universal best in any regards, so you'd have to be real specific to get specific recommendations.post #12 of 454/12/11 at 8:11pmI would look into the shure srh840, or a pair of ath m50s =D, but yeah... read some threads here and see what looks good to you and the kind of you music you listen to. Regardless of what you choose, they will probably sound better than the beats =D
Edited by Snag1e - 4/12/11 at 8:14pmpost #13 of 454/12/11 at 8:17pm
The beats will match your nike's .... Joking aside.... You all have to admit the beats do produce an impressive full sound from a non amped source, that said I would suggest the Audio Technica M50's they are very well rounded and can deff drop the bass. They can be had from B&H for $119.00 they are the BEST you can get for your money IMHO, Wish I have heard them before the SRH840's but hindsight is 20/20 right.post #14 of 454/12/11 at 8:22pm
There are plenty of headphones around the price of the "beats". I assume you mean the $300 dollar ones, in which case I know Ultrasone has several models in that price range, as well as Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Phiaton, Audio Technica, and Grado. I'm sure there are others too. I think you'd want more bass than Grado's and AKG's though. The Sennheiser and Beyer's usually tend to have a bassier feel to them. I'd recommend checking out the Sennheiser HD line, or the 32 ohm version of the Beyerdynamic DT 770. I know Shure has some headphones in the $200-$400 range too but I'm only familiar with their IEM's. Which, actually if you're planning on going portable might be something worth looking into because a lot of IEM's have pretty fantastic bass. Take a look at HeadRoom's page www.headphone.com No i'm not an employee of theirs but they do have a wide selection and even if you don't buy from them at least you can get an idea of what's out there in your price range.
This thread is locked
- The best headphones out there! Beats or what?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 32 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › V-Moda M80 [Jack Issues] 2 minutes ago
- › Will the Fiio E18 portable AMP make my S4 really loud? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › BTG-Audio Starlight SPC removable iem/ciem cable 3 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 4 minutes ago
- › got sennheiser momentum but not 100% happy with it 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude