Hi I am thinking of getting a top of the line custom IEM from UE Westone or JH Audio but not sure which one to get. So if I like the Denon's D7000 which one should I get?
Related Forum Threads
- Quality cables with in-line microphone? Any ideas? Last post on 7/28/11 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM drivers Last post on 7/23/11 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Getting my first pair of customs Last post on 4/27/11 at 8:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Forgotten Westone Custom products ? AC1, AC2 and CR1 !?! Last post on 3/22/11 at 7:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
If I like the Denon D7000 which custom IEM should I get?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Given the high price tag of both products, there is really only a very minimal portion of users on this forum that will have heard both the D7000 and any of the customs as well. It will be better to simply take your experience with the D7000 and compare it against the reviews and listening impressions of members using the custom IEMs. In addition to that, I would contact the companies via e-mail and inquire how their products sound in relation to the D7000.
If it's specifically the low-end punch you enjoy with the 7000s, the JH16s. But I'd get to hear a demo pair (from you local audiologist) if I were you. I personally wasn't overly impressed with the UE stuff, and I haven't heard Westone's offerings. I hear the Westone custom IEM is very mid-forward though, which the 7000s aren't.
- If I like the Denon D7000 which custom IEM should I get?
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 2 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › SRM-252S -- better way to power than the wall wart? 3 minutes ago
- › FT: Sennheiser HD-800 w/ Headphone Lounge Octa-Conductor OCC Copper... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Can I use Vsonic gr07 mkII for gym? 5 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for Metal/hard rock? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi