I bought an ibasso d2 headphone amp / dac to connect my new Sentheisser headphones to in order to get higher volume levels and better quality. I had a realtek onboard soundcard previously. I'm new to amps so I plugged in the amp to my usb and it installed the drivers automatically, I disabled the realtek soundcard. Now here's my problem: I only get 1 volume level no matter what. The setting in my computer is maxxed and I get the same volume no matter what I set it to. Even when my amp volume switch is turned off or it is maxxed I get basically a mid level sound volume that can't be adjusted on the camp or through the computer settings. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp / DAC for Sennheiser PXC 450? Last post on 6/18/12 at 9:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best USB DAC/Amps for around $200? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2+ quick questions Last post on 1/22/11 at 10:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New Gear To Buy Last post on 12/5/10 at 10:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1) your computer volume settings won't do anything; you need to control volume on the D2 itself
2) make sure you're plugged into the headphone output and not the lineout (the one labled "phone", NOT the one labled aux in/out). The former will let you control volume, the latter is meant to plug into another amplifier without attenuation.
- Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
- › Can I adapt to 3.5mm female directly from Sennheiser Momentum? 12 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What DAC out of these three should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 HEADPHONES REVIEW Serial No 001106 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)