I bought an ibasso d2 headphone amp / dac to connect my new Sentheisser headphones to in order to get higher volume levels and better quality. I had a realtek onboard soundcard previously. I'm new to amps so I plugged in the amp to my usb and it installed the drivers automatically, I disabled the realtek soundcard. Now here's my problem: I only get 1 volume level no matter what. The setting in my computer is maxxed and I get the same volume no matter what I set it to. Even when my amp volume switch is turned off or it is maxxed I get basically a mid level sound volume that can't be adjusted on the camp or through the computer settings. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp / DAC for Sennheiser PXC 450? Last post on 6/18/12 at 9:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best USB DAC/Amps for around $200? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2+ quick questions Last post on 1/22/11 at 10:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New Gear To Buy Last post on 12/5/10 at 10:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1) your computer volume settings won't do anything; you need to control volume on the D2 itself
2) make sure you're plugged into the headphone output and not the lineout (the one labled "phone", NOT the one labled aux in/out). The former will let you control volume, the latter is meant to plug into another amplifier without attenuation.
- Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 2 minutes ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 2 minutes ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 2 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)