I bought an ibasso d2 headphone amp / dac to connect my new Sentheisser headphones to in order to get higher volume levels and better quality. I had a realtek onboard soundcard previously. I'm new to amps so I plugged in the amp to my usb and it installed the drivers automatically, I disabled the realtek soundcard. Now here's my problem: I only get 1 volume level no matter what. The setting in my computer is maxxed and I get the same volume no matter what I set it to. Even when my amp volume switch is turned off or it is maxxed I get basically a mid level sound volume that can't be adjusted on the camp or through the computer settings. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp / DAC for Sennheiser PXC 450? Last post on 6/18/12 at 9:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best USB DAC/Amps for around $200? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2+ quick questions Last post on 1/22/11 at 10:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New Gear To Buy Last post on 12/5/10 at 10:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
1) your computer volume settings won't do anything; you need to control volume on the D2 itself
2) make sure you're plugged into the headphone output and not the lineout (the one labled "phone", NOT the one labled aux in/out). The former will let you control volume, the latter is meant to plug into another amplifier without attenuation.
- Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 seconds ago
- › Ray Samuels Emmaline P-51 "Mustang" 24 seconds ago
- › FiiO E10K USB Cable Problems and Popping 39 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3