I bought an ibasso d2 headphone amp / dac to connect my new Sentheisser headphones to in order to get higher volume levels and better quality. I had a realtek onboard soundcard previously. I'm new to amps so I plugged in the amp to my usb and it installed the drivers automatically, I disabled the realtek soundcard. Now here's my problem: I only get 1 volume level no matter what. The setting in my computer is maxxed and I get the same volume no matter what I set it to. Even when my amp volume switch is turned off or it is maxxed I get basically a mid level sound volume that can't be adjusted on the camp or through the computer settings. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp / DAC for Sennheiser PXC 450? Last post on 6/18/12 at 9:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best USB DAC/Amps for around $200? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D2+ quick questions Last post on 1/22/11 at 10:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New Gear To Buy Last post on 12/5/10 at 10:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 vs Ibasso D2 Last post on 5/15/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- Headphone Impedance
Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1) your computer volume settings won't do anything; you need to control volume on the D2 itself
2) make sure you're plugged into the headphone output and not the lineout (the one labled "phone", NOT the one labled aux in/out). The former will let you control volume, the latter is meant to plug into another amplifier without attenuation.
- Ibasso D2 usb headphone amp / dac cant adjust volume
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 12 seconds ago
- › Silver SR71b 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › **Schiit Vali/Modi stack** less than a month old 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob