The wiring in the plug stem of my Sennheiser PX100 'phones finally broke, so now I need a replacement set for working out. I'm not averse to buying another pair of PX 100s, but first I wanted to look around to see if there are any other contenders.
The main criteria for these headphones are:
- Size comparable to Sennheiser PX100
- Relatively light. Can be a bit heavier but not too much
- Can be taken off easily (unlike IEMs), but stay in place when running. The PX100 slides around more than I'd like
- Efficient. Often will be using Samsung Galaxy S phone as the source. It doesn't have much power and even the most portable headphone amp is awkward at the gym.
- Sounds at least as good as Sennheiser PX100, will be used for a broad assortment of music.
- Doesn't isolate too much. These may be used for walking around in a urban environment, so I want to have some aural awareness, particularly traffic noise or loud voices.
Right now, besides the PX100 and PX200, I'm looking at:
- Grado SR60 or SR80
- Sennheiser adidas PMX 680 and HD 238
- M Studiophile Q40
- Beyerdynamic DT 235
- Klipsch Image ONE
- Audio Technica ATH-FC700 or ATH-M50
- AKG Q460
- Yuin PK1 or PK2
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!