- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 4/12/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me help you! Last post on 4/27/12 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone for rap and hip-hop!! Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another "what headphones should I get" thread... Last post on 9/26/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?post #1 of 234/11/11 at 7:48amThread StarterI'm considering between the two headphones, I don't know which has better sound quality. Since the Beats is more expensive, it doesn't mean it delivers good sound quality, I think we just pay more for the brand and style. Can you help me to evaluate the sound quality of the two? I'm very into bass quality. Thanks a lot
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 234/11/11 at 7:54ampost #3 of 234/11/11 at 8:15amhttp://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536880/review-fashion-vs-function-phiaton-ms400-b-w-p5-monster-beats-solo-v-moda-crossfade-sony-xb700-hd25-1
This actually directly compares the two, along with some others
EDIT: Sorry, wrong model... But still, this should give you a good idea of what they sound like.
also, http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-76-portable-headphones-reviewed-pioneer-se-mj5-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added-04-07 reviews the Beats Studio as well
Edited by 50an6xy06r6n - 4/11/11 at 8:16ampost #4 of 234/11/11 at 10:55ampost #5 of 235/1/11 at 3:07pm
if you like "heavy" bass....I tried out the Audio Technica Pro700 gold edition at a shop recently versus the Beats Pro. The AT-Pro700 sounded just as heavy but had nicer-sounding bass. If the gold color is too much, they sell the normal black version. Some people might still like the Beats Pro because of the design. The metallic look + good-looking earpads do attract.post #6 of 235/1/11 at 3:09pmpost #7 of 235/1/11 at 3:15pmQuote:
Maybe the guy likes the aesthetics (god forbid) of those two particular phones, regardless of how bad they sound or how overpriced they are.post #8 of 235/1/11 at 3:30pm
the beats pros are not that bad actually, how many of you have actually tried them? its true they are over priced but i still think they are worth at least $250 for what you get, personally i would look at the shure srh750dj, better sound for a better price, and it looks good. if you insist on those 2 i think the beats pros are ok, though keep in mind they sound muddy, and distort at high volumes. maybe they just need more power but i highly doubt that.post #9 of 235/1/11 at 3:32pmQuote:
Cool with me bro, I didn't call him stupid or anything, so place your outrage elsewhere. May he have the asthetics that he seeks. He was asking for opinions, I stand by mine.
The money he is potentially willing to spend on the Beats Pro (which unlike many, I have owned and and familiar with), could be spent elsewhere in terms of sound quality and asthetics, but as you are clearly well aware, it's all very subjective now isn't it?
As far as those 2 in particular go... the Beats Pro sounded much better to me. However neither is worth the asking price, by a long shot.
Is that better Jerg?
post #10 of 235/3/11 at 12:22pm
I have once tried both in a headphone store, the Crossfade is not comfortable for wearing long time (my head is quite big indeed). They sounds worse than the Beats Pro (with both amped). If its direct driven, each have their own signature, though none are of my taste. I better go for the AT-ESW9 or ES10 which pleases my eyes and my ears with the same budgetpost #11 of 235/5/11 at 9:08pmThread Starterpost #12 of 235/5/11 at 9:52pmpost #13 of 235/5/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #14 of 235/5/11 at 11:22pmpost #15 of 235/7/11 at 9:23pmThread Starter
i thought the xb1000 was better, it's so surprising that the xb1000 is a lot cheaper than the Beats Pro but it brings better sound quality than the Beats Pro
- Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 30 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 48 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Mint AKG K3003 (Free Shipping to AU/USA) 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 8 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)