- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 4/12/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me help you! Last post on 4/27/12 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone for rap and hip-hop!! Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another "what headphones should I get" thread... Last post on 9/26/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?post #1 of 234/11/11 at 7:48amThread StarterI'm considering between the two headphones, I don't know which has better sound quality. Since the Beats is more expensive, it doesn't mean it delivers good sound quality, I think we just pay more for the brand and style. Can you help me to evaluate the sound quality of the two? I'm very into bass quality. Thanks a lot
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 234/11/11 at 7:54ampost #3 of 234/11/11 at 8:15amhttp://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536880/review-fashion-vs-function-phiaton-ms400-b-w-p5-monster-beats-solo-v-moda-crossfade-sony-xb700-hd25-1
This actually directly compares the two, along with some others
EDIT: Sorry, wrong model... But still, this should give you a good idea of what they sound like.
also, http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-76-portable-headphones-reviewed-pioneer-se-mj5-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added-04-07 reviews the Beats Studio as well
Edited by 50an6xy06r6n - 4/11/11 at 8:16ampost #4 of 234/11/11 at 10:55ampost #5 of 235/1/11 at 3:07pm
if you like "heavy" bass....I tried out the Audio Technica Pro700 gold edition at a shop recently versus the Beats Pro. The AT-Pro700 sounded just as heavy but had nicer-sounding bass. If the gold color is too much, they sell the normal black version. Some people might still like the Beats Pro because of the design. The metallic look + good-looking earpads do attract.post #6 of 235/1/11 at 3:09pmpost #7 of 235/1/11 at 3:15pmQuote:
Maybe the guy likes the aesthetics (god forbid) of those two particular phones, regardless of how bad they sound or how overpriced they are.post #8 of 235/1/11 at 3:30pm
the beats pros are not that bad actually, how many of you have actually tried them? its true they are over priced but i still think they are worth at least $250 for what you get, personally i would look at the shure srh750dj, better sound for a better price, and it looks good. if you insist on those 2 i think the beats pros are ok, though keep in mind they sound muddy, and distort at high volumes. maybe they just need more power but i highly doubt that.post #9 of 235/1/11 at 3:32pmQuote:
Cool with me bro, I didn't call him stupid or anything, so place your outrage elsewhere. May he have the asthetics that he seeks. He was asking for opinions, I stand by mine.
The money he is potentially willing to spend on the Beats Pro (which unlike many, I have owned and and familiar with), could be spent elsewhere in terms of sound quality and asthetics, but as you are clearly well aware, it's all very subjective now isn't it?
As far as those 2 in particular go... the Beats Pro sounded much better to me. However neither is worth the asking price, by a long shot.
Is that better Jerg?
post #10 of 235/3/11 at 12:22pm
I have once tried both in a headphone store, the Crossfade is not comfortable for wearing long time (my head is quite big indeed). They sounds worse than the Beats Pro (with both amped). If its direct driven, each have their own signature, though none are of my taste. I better go for the AT-ESW9 or ES10 which pleases my eyes and my ears with the same budgetpost #11 of 235/5/11 at 9:08pmThread Starterpost #12 of 235/5/11 at 9:52pmpost #13 of 235/5/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #14 of 235/5/11 at 11:22pmpost #15 of 235/7/11 at 9:23pmThread Starter
i thought the xb1000 was better, it's so surprising that the xb1000 is a lot cheaper than the Beats Pro but it brings better sound quality than the Beats Pro
- Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Trying to figure out how to use my E17 with my E9 54 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Official plans for firmware updates for the X3 after version 2.10... 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)