- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 4/12/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me help you! Last post on 4/27/12 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone for rap and hip-hop!! Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another "what headphones should I get" thread... Last post on 9/26/12 at 3:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj. Last post on 6/7/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?post #1 of 234/11/11 at 7:48amThread StarterI'm considering between the two headphones, I don't know which has better sound quality. Since the Beats is more expensive, it doesn't mean it delivers good sound quality, I think we just pay more for the brand and style. Can you help me to evaluate the sound quality of the two? I'm very into bass quality. Thanks a lot
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 234/11/11 at 7:54ampost #3 of 234/11/11 at 8:15amhttp://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536880/review-fashion-vs-function-phiaton-ms400-b-w-p5-monster-beats-solo-v-moda-crossfade-sony-xb700-hd25-1
This actually directly compares the two, along with some others
EDIT: Sorry, wrong model... But still, this should give you a good idea of what they sound like.
also, http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-76-portable-headphones-reviewed-pioneer-se-mj5-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added-04-07 reviews the Beats Studio as well
Edited by 50an6xy06r6n - 4/11/11 at 8:16ampost #4 of 234/11/11 at 10:55ampost #5 of 235/1/11 at 3:07pm
if you like "heavy" bass....I tried out the Audio Technica Pro700 gold edition at a shop recently versus the Beats Pro. The AT-Pro700 sounded just as heavy but had nicer-sounding bass. If the gold color is too much, they sell the normal black version. Some people might still like the Beats Pro because of the design. The metallic look + good-looking earpads do attract.post #6 of 235/1/11 at 3:09pmpost #7 of 235/1/11 at 3:15pmQuote:
Maybe the guy likes the aesthetics (god forbid) of those two particular phones, regardless of how bad they sound or how overpriced they are.post #8 of 235/1/11 at 3:30pm
the beats pros are not that bad actually, how many of you have actually tried them? its true they are over priced but i still think they are worth at least $250 for what you get, personally i would look at the shure srh750dj, better sound for a better price, and it looks good. if you insist on those 2 i think the beats pros are ok, though keep in mind they sound muddy, and distort at high volumes. maybe they just need more power but i highly doubt that.post #9 of 235/1/11 at 3:32pmQuote:
Cool with me bro, I didn't call him stupid or anything, so place your outrage elsewhere. May he have the asthetics that he seeks. He was asking for opinions, I stand by mine.
The money he is potentially willing to spend on the Beats Pro (which unlike many, I have owned and and familiar with), could be spent elsewhere in terms of sound quality and asthetics, but as you are clearly well aware, it's all very subjective now isn't it?
As far as those 2 in particular go... the Beats Pro sounded much better to me. However neither is worth the asking price, by a long shot.
Is that better Jerg?
post #10 of 235/3/11 at 12:22pm
I have once tried both in a headphone store, the Crossfade is not comfortable for wearing long time (my head is quite big indeed). They sounds worse than the Beats Pro (with both amped). If its direct driven, each have their own signature, though none are of my taste. I better go for the AT-ESW9 or ES10 which pleases my eyes and my ears with the same budgetpost #11 of 235/5/11 at 9:08pmThread Starterpost #12 of 235/5/11 at 9:52pmpost #13 of 235/5/11 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #14 of 235/5/11 at 11:22pmpost #15 of 235/7/11 at 9:23pmThread Starter
i thought the xb1000 was better, it's so surprising that the xb1000 is a lot cheaper than the Beats Pro but it brings better sound quality than the Beats Pro
- Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 6 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 38 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Desktop amp suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › panasonic earbuds 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2