Im looking to get a pair of SE535/ SE530's. What is the difference? Im not a bass head like alot of the amateurs out there, but im just looking to get the best for vocals and i want to be really feeling the music. I have heard the the SE535 are fun, etc,etc and i would hope that the SE530 are that way too. I want a detachable cable, which im not sure the SE530's do or not, but i do know the SE535 do. What do you guys think? I prefer getting them used.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 vs Shure SE535 comparison - Will update as I go along Last post on 2/3/15 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question: Shure SE535 vs. Westone W4 - Soundstage only! Last post on 4/28/11 at 4:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4'spost #1 of 74/10/11 at 6:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/10/11 at 7:10pm
Er. Well, based on the kind of sound you want, I'd say you're looking at the right iems.
I haven't heard the W4. So can't help you there.
I owned the SE530 and have the SE535. But I'm sending them back. Why? because they're
painful in my ears. They don't fit as the old SE530 did. Well, in my opinion anyway.
If you want detachable cables, then you have only one option. Se535. Se530 does not
have detachable cables. And they have cable issues, but depends on when the they were made.
June 2008 onwards I heard are fine. But won't guarantee it.
Sound-wise, the SE535 have wider sound stage, and is a good improvement over the Se530.
Seems like the mids are a bit more recessed compared to the Se530. But still superb.
I'd say restrained is the better word not recessed.
Both sound great.
If you're not bothered by the comfort of the Se535, and replaceable cables are a must, then get the Se535.post #3 of 74/10/11 at 7:11pmpost #4 of 74/10/11 at 7:26pmThread Starter
Im just going to buy a pair of SE530, but i think after a few months ill sell them and try to find myself a pair of SE535.post #5 of 74/11/11 at 6:52pm^^^
I prefer my SE535s over my (now sold) SE530s. I found the treble roll off a significant flaw that I just couldn't overcome to make them a long term keeper. The SE535s have fixed that to where anymore treble would be too much. As well, Shure improved the soundstaging to be more in line with the Westone 3s.
I do have the Westone 4s incoming (hopefully tomorrow...thanks to Earphonesolutions for the same day shipping ) and plan to write my thoughts (and comparisons to my SE535s) shortly thereafter.post #6 of 74/11/11 at 7:16pmThread Starterpost #7 of 74/12/11 at 6:33pm
As promised :
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/527694/westone-4-appreciation-thread-and-reviews-a-k-a-westone-4/1515Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Very disappointed in ATH-M50x. Looking for neutral closed back... 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 7 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 12 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 13 minutes ago
- › Where are all of the builders? 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 15 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear