Im looking to get a pair of SE535/ SE530's. What is the difference? Im not a bass head like alot of the amateurs out there, but im just looking to get the best for vocals and i want to be really feeling the music. I have heard the the SE535 are fun, etc,etc and i would hope that the SE530 are that way too. I want a detachable cable, which im not sure the SE530's do or not, but i do know the SE535 do. What do you guys think? I prefer getting them used.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 vs Shure SE535 comparison - Will update as I go along Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question: Shure SE535 vs. Westone W4 - Soundstage only! Last post on 4/28/11 at 4:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Er. Well, based on the kind of sound you want, I'd say you're looking at the right iems.
I haven't heard the W4. So can't help you there.
I owned the SE530 and have the SE535. But I'm sending them back. Why? because they're
painful in my ears. They don't fit as the old SE530 did. Well, in my opinion anyway.
If you want detachable cables, then you have only one option. Se535. Se530 does not
have detachable cables. And they have cable issues, but depends on when the they were made.
June 2008 onwards I heard are fine. But won't guarantee it.
Sound-wise, the SE535 have wider sound stage, and is a good improvement over the Se530.
Seems like the mids are a bit more recessed compared to the Se530. But still superb.
I'd say restrained is the better word not recessed.
Both sound great.
If you're not bothered by the comfort of the Se535, and replaceable cables are a must, then get the Se535.
Im just going to buy a pair of SE530, but i think after a few months ill sell them and try to find myself a pair of SE535.
I prefer my SE535s over my (now sold) SE530s. I found the treble roll off a significant flaw that I just couldn't overcome to make them a long term keeper. The SE535s have fixed that to where anymore treble would be too much. As well, Shure improved the soundstaging to be more in line with the Westone 3s.
I do have the Westone 4s incoming (hopefully tomorrow...thanks to Earphonesolutions for the same day shipping ) and plan to write my thoughts (and comparisons to my SE535s) shortly thereafter.
As promised :
- SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! just now
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 15 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 1 minute ago
- › is mp4 nation trustworthy? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)