Im looking to get a pair of SE535/ SE530's. What is the difference? Im not a bass head like alot of the amateurs out there, but im just looking to get the best for vocals and i want to be really feeling the music. I have heard the the SE535 are fun, etc,etc and i would hope that the SE530 are that way too. I want a detachable cable, which im not sure the SE530's do or not, but i do know the SE535 do. What do you guys think? I prefer getting them used.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 vs Shure SE535 comparison - Will update as I go along Last post on 2/3/15 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question: Shure SE535 vs. Westone W4 - Soundstage only! Last post on 4/28/11 at 4:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Er. Well, based on the kind of sound you want, I'd say you're looking at the right iems.
I haven't heard the W4. So can't help you there.
I owned the SE530 and have the SE535. But I'm sending them back. Why? because they're
painful in my ears. They don't fit as the old SE530 did. Well, in my opinion anyway.
If you want detachable cables, then you have only one option. Se535. Se530 does not
have detachable cables. And they have cable issues, but depends on when the they were made.
June 2008 onwards I heard are fine. But won't guarantee it.
Sound-wise, the SE535 have wider sound stage, and is a good improvement over the Se530.
Seems like the mids are a bit more recessed compared to the Se530. But still superb.
I'd say restrained is the better word not recessed.
Both sound great.
If you're not bothered by the comfort of the Se535, and replaceable cables are a must, then get the Se535.
Im just going to buy a pair of SE530, but i think after a few months ill sell them and try to find myself a pair of SE535.
I prefer my SE535s over my (now sold) SE530s. I found the treble roll off a significant flaw that I just couldn't overcome to make them a long term keeper. The SE535s have fixed that to where anymore treble would be too much. As well, Shure improved the soundstaging to be more in line with the Westone 3s.
I do have the Westone 4s incoming (hopefully tomorrow...thanks to Earphonesolutions for the same day shipping ) and plan to write my thoughts (and comparisons to my SE535s) shortly thereafter.
As promised :
- SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 32 seconds ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 51 seconds ago
- › Does ripping from Vinyl get better sound than ripping CDs to lossless? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 4 minutes ago
- › DT770 i? 5 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Fujisan by Telos Acoustics - impressions, review, and question thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3