Im looking to get a pair of SE535/ SE530's. What is the difference? Im not a bass head like alot of the amateurs out there, but im just looking to get the best for vocals and i want to be really feeling the music. I have heard the the SE535 are fun, etc,etc and i would hope that the SE530 are that way too. I want a detachable cable, which im not sure the SE530's do or not, but i do know the SE535 do. What do you guys think? I prefer getting them used.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 vs Shure SE535 comparison - Will update as I go along Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question: Shure SE535 vs. Westone W4 - Soundstage only! Last post on 4/28/11 at 4:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Er. Well, based on the kind of sound you want, I'd say you're looking at the right iems.
I haven't heard the W4. So can't help you there.
I owned the SE530 and have the SE535. But I'm sending them back. Why? because they're
painful in my ears. They don't fit as the old SE530 did. Well, in my opinion anyway.
If you want detachable cables, then you have only one option. Se535. Se530 does not
have detachable cables. And they have cable issues, but depends on when the they were made.
June 2008 onwards I heard are fine. But won't guarantee it.
Sound-wise, the SE535 have wider sound stage, and is a good improvement over the Se530.
Seems like the mids are a bit more recessed compared to the Se530. But still superb.
I'd say restrained is the better word not recessed.
Both sound great.
If you're not bothered by the comfort of the Se535, and replaceable cables are a must, then get the Se535.
Im just going to buy a pair of SE530, but i think after a few months ill sell them and try to find myself a pair of SE535.
I prefer my SE535s over my (now sold) SE530s. I found the treble roll off a significant flaw that I just couldn't overcome to make them a long term keeper. The SE535s have fixed that to where anymore treble would be too much. As well, Shure improved the soundstaging to be more in line with the Westone 3s.
I do have the Westone 4s incoming (hopefully tomorrow...thanks to Earphonesolutions for the same day shipping ) and plan to write my thoughts (and comparisons to my SE535s) shortly thereafter.
As promised :
- SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 4 seconds ago
- › In need of desktop amp to power Klipsch - WB14 & subwoofer 45 seconds ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › $300 Over ear sealed headphones 2 minutes ago
- › I Have the First (and Only) EarWerkz Supra 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV player ( impressions, opinions). 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Audiotechnicha ath-a900 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)