Im looking to get a pair of SE535/ SE530's. What is the difference? Im not a bass head like alot of the amateurs out there, but im just looking to get the best for vocals and i want to be really feeling the music. I have heard the the SE535 are fun, etc,etc and i would hope that the SE530 are that way too. I want a detachable cable, which im not sure the SE530's do or not, but i do know the SE535 do. What do you guys think? I prefer getting them used.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 4/11/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 vs Shure SE535 comparison - Will update as I go along Last post on 2/3/15 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question: Shure SE535 vs. Westone W4 - Soundstage only! Last post on 4/28/11 at 4:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding some high-end iems to buy... Last post on 9/12/12 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Er. Well, based on the kind of sound you want, I'd say you're looking at the right iems.
I haven't heard the W4. So can't help you there.
I owned the SE530 and have the SE535. But I'm sending them back. Why? because they're
painful in my ears. They don't fit as the old SE530 did. Well, in my opinion anyway.
If you want detachable cables, then you have only one option. Se535. Se530 does not
have detachable cables. And they have cable issues, but depends on when the they were made.
June 2008 onwards I heard are fine. But won't guarantee it.
Sound-wise, the SE535 have wider sound stage, and is a good improvement over the Se530.
Seems like the mids are a bit more recessed compared to the Se530. But still superb.
I'd say restrained is the better word not recessed.
Both sound great.
If you're not bothered by the comfort of the Se535, and replaceable cables are a must, then get the Se535.
Im just going to buy a pair of SE530, but i think after a few months ill sell them and try to find myself a pair of SE535.
I prefer my SE535s over my (now sold) SE530s. I found the treble roll off a significant flaw that I just couldn't overcome to make them a long term keeper. The SE535s have fixed that to where anymore treble would be too much. As well, Shure improved the soundstaging to be more in line with the Westone 3s.
I do have the Westone 4s incoming (hopefully tomorrow...thanks to Earphonesolutions for the same day shipping ) and plan to write my thoughts (and comparisons to my SE535s) shortly thereafter.
As promised :
- SE535 or SE530's maybe even the Westone 4's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 1 minute ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Seeking advice: Audio-gd customer service (NFB-15) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › SR850 upgrade 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2