Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems - Page 6

post #76 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Fair enough Inks. We both agree that it is an excellent IEM!beerchug.gif



I see you have both the fx700 and the 1964 Quads.How would you compare these two?I know it's BA verses Dynamic,but which one you find better/prefer.

I ordered the 1964 T a few weeks ago,and was also considering the FX700's.

But because I will use my IEM at work where it can be noisy,I choose the customs.Did I make the right decision soundwise?

It's always a bit of a gamble to buy customs,because you can't test them.

 

post #77 of 249

Hello TT600R. Actually, I sold my FX700 - believe it or not - not too long after receiving my 1964-Q. I just remember the sound and I'm very fond of the FX700. I also feel that it is the best universal I have ever heard. With that said, I sold them because overall I was completely satisfied with the Quad and feels it does sound better as a whole more so than the FX700. I would give the FX700 and edge on timbre, but not by much. But on clarity, details, bass, mids, treble and transparency, the Quad wins hands down to my ears. They are two different sounding IEMs, and I wouldn't say to have one means you have the other.

 

As for the Triple, I can't comment on which sounds better between it and the FX700. My understanding is that the bass on the Triple doesn't extend like the bass in the Quad, but that overall the 1964-T is a very nice sound IEM. Of course, you're going to get way more isolation with your custom than you will with the FX700. But the FX700 will probably give you a wider and more open sounding soundstage. In essence, both are two different sound signatures and both will probably sound fantastic, but based on my experience with the quad, the 1964 EARS will probably be the better sounding one from a technical standpoint. I have heard other BA IEMs, and the Quad sounds the most natural and close to a dynamic to my ears.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT600R View Post





I see you have both the fx700 and the 1964 Quads.How would you compare these two?I know it's BA verses Dynamic,but which one you find better/prefer.

I ordered the 1964 T a few weeks ago,and was also considering the FX700's.

But because I will use my IEM at work where it can be noisy,I choose the customs.Did I make the right decision soundwise?

It's always a bit of a gamble to buy customs,because you can't test them.

 



 

post #78 of 249

Thanks for the quick response Eric.

Within a few weeks,I can experience my first pair of customs and tell you all about them.

Glad you enjoy your quads.

post #79 of 249

You are quite welcome @  TT600R. Enjoy and happy listeing!

post #80 of 249

Wow.  With the right tips, these sound so eff'in unbelievable.  How unbelievable?  Put it this way, I (excitedly) came back early from a club and neglected a booty call, on a Saturday night, just to come home early to just get a couple hours of listening with these.

 

Wow.  Ridiculous.  I suppose I am officially a head-fi geek.  (bows)  Thank you, thank you.

post #81 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkyballz View Post

Wow.  With the right tips, these sound so eff'in unbelievable.  How unbelievable?  Put it this way, I (excitedly) came back early from a club and neglected a booty call, on a Saturday night, just to come home early to just get a couple hours of listening with these.

 

Wow.  Ridiculous.  I suppose I am officially a head-fi geek.  (bows)  Thank you, thank you.



Haha. You know are a head phone addict when...atsmile.gif


Edited by Daanish - 5/1/11 at 7:16am
post #82 of 249

great. just great. my wallet, it burns.

post #83 of 249

So i've had my FX700s for a few days now. I'm really enjoying them, the sound signature is very dynamic and lively - with superb timbre.

I've had no desire to listen to my MD Tributes at all - the JVCs are simply superb.

I've tried a few different tips to date and the ones that suit best so far are the White Supertips (medium size?) that came bundled with my secondhand MD Tributes. I feel they offer a little extra clarity and tighten the bass up a bit, over the stock tips.

 

Just wanted to ask are there any other tips (of similar size) to the White Monster Supertips that you'd recommend I should try with my FX700s please?

 

Thanks.

post #84 of 249

Another user that likes the white supertips, looks like a trend is starting. 

post #85 of 249
I like the Sony hybrids better but the white supertips are good.
post #86 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I like the Sony hybrids better but the white supertips are good.


sorry to go way off the thread guys but id rather not start a thread for my question.

 

but anyway does anyone know where i can get those sony hybrid tips from, preferably in the UK or a UK website, i just cant find them.

post #87 of 249

Amazon in the US has a great deal on them, but Amazon.uk only has the fakes, weird. I would try fleaBay.

post #88 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

Amazon in the US has a great deal on them, but Amazon.uk only has the fakes, weird. I would try fleaBay.



thanks for that, yeh i noticed that amazon uk sold ''the rubbish'' hence asking, not even sony sells them. thanks for the help anyway sorry to go off topic all.

post #89 of 249
We have a Sony Store at our local shopping mall - i'll try there later this week.
post #90 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-fi Wigwammer View Post

We have a Sony Store at our local shopping mall - i'll try there later this week.


nice one, let us know if they are available in store. we have a few here in birmingham but i have not been in store myself, was going by online. thanks

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems