If you sweat a lot get some cheaper IEMs, Sennheiser has a sport line.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5) Last post on 2/21/17 at 2:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 fall apart Last post on 11/5/12 at 11:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) Last post on 12/29/14 at 2:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) Last post on 2/9/17 at 3:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems - Page 15post #211 of 2671/13/12 at 2:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 26710/10/12 at 12:06am
Hi FX700 owners, can anyone comment on fx700 vs hd650? I know they are totally different, I just want some info about how they compare on the relative amount of bass, mid, and high in the whole spectrum. Thanks~~post #213 of 2672/4/13 at 6:31pmpost #214 of 2672/8/13 at 9:17am
Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not not. Also who would want good isolation with them the bass sounds horrible isolated- way to much a looser fit sounds much better.post #215 of 2672/8/13 at 11:40ampost #216 of 2672/8/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
There are different sized tips in the box, to fit all ear sizes. Look under the paper sleeve that's wrapped around the foam inlay. The guys at JVC must have an odd sense of humor.post #217 of 2672/9/13 at 1:43ampost #218 of 2674/3/13 at 4:51pmpost #219 of 2674/3/13 at 4:54pmpost #220 of 2674/3/13 at 10:25pmpost #221 of 2674/4/13 at 2:33ampost #222 of 2674/4/13 at 9:42ampost #223 of 2674/4/13 at 11:01amQuote:
X 2post #224 of 2674/4/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
I sorta agree
I have to heavily rely on EQ from poweramp to boost the mids, highs, and cut some of the bass out.
I do love them, though.
What other options are there in the <300 range?post #225 of 2674/5/13 at 9:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by docked seaman
Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not not. Also who would want good isolation with them the bass sounds horrible isolated- way to much a looser fit sounds much better.
Yeah, same here. Guess you can't trust everything most people say, until you experience them yourself. At first, before I bought mine, I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy them during commutes, but the moment I stuff them in using the large tips I was surprised. The isolation really isn't that any different from the rest of my IEMs, and so I'm now a happy camper. The bass just wallops everything I owned to date, even my beloved TMA-1! (I still love it though)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iRack 32 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 43 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic T51p & T51i impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 1 minute ago
- › The custom art Harmony 8.2 European demo tour 1 minute ago
- › Multimedia purpose : Asus Essence STX II or Groove Apogee ? 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560's. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear