If you sweat a lot get some cheaper IEMs, Sennheiser has a sport line.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 Last post on 10/11/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 fall apart Last post on 11/5/12 at 11:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) Last post on 8/27/13 at 2:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems - Page 15post #211 of 2411/13/12 at 2:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 24110/10/12 at 12:06am
Hi FX700 owners, can anyone comment on fx700 vs hd650? I know they are totally different, I just want some info about how they compare on the relative amount of bass, mid, and high in the whole spectrum. Thanks~~post #213 of 2412/4/13 at 6:31pmpost #214 of 2412/8/13 at 9:17am
Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not not. Also who would want good isolation with them the bass sounds horrible isolated- way to much a looser fit sounds much better.post #215 of 2412/8/13 at 11:40ampost #216 of 2412/8/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
There are different sized tips in the box, to fit all ear sizes. Look under the paper sleeve that's wrapped around the foam inlay. The guys at JVC must have an odd sense of humor.post #217 of 2412/9/13 at 1:43ampost #218 of 2414/3/13 at 4:51pmpost #219 of 2414/3/13 at 4:54pmpost #220 of 2414/3/13 at 10:25pmpost #221 of 2414/4/13 at 2:33ampost #222 of 2414/4/13 at 9:42ampost #223 of 2414/4/13 at 11:01amQuote:
X 2post #224 of 2414/4/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
I sorta agree
I have to heavily rely on EQ from poweramp to boost the mids, highs, and cut some of the bass out.
I do love them, though.
What other options are there in the <300 range?post #225 of 2414/5/13 at 9:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by docked seaman
Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not not. Also who would want good isolation with them the bass sounds horrible isolated- way to much a looser fit sounds much better.
Yeah, same here. Guess you can't trust everything most people say, until you experience them yourself. At first, before I bought mine, I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy them during commutes, but the moment I stuff them in using the large tips I was surprised. The isolation really isn't that any different from the rest of my IEMs, and so I'm now a happy camper. The bass just wallops everything I owned to date, even my beloved TMA-1! (I still love it though)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Critique this headphone amp design? 1 minute ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 1 minute ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek 1 minute ago
- › My Beautiful Speaker Experience 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Audez'e LCD-2 Rosewood w/10' Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3... 3 minutes ago
- › Help me replace my Equation Audio RP21's 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe