Thanks! It seems, though, that you prefer the EX1000 :-)....how would you say they do with voices, electric guitar, bass and piano in comparison to the FX7000?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 Last post on 6/11/16 at 12:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 fall apart Last post on 11/5/12 at 11:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!) Last post on 12/29/14 at 2:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) Last post on 6/24/16 at 8:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I prefer some aspects of the EX1000 more than the FX700 but the JVC certainly have deeper sub-bass and and a little more depth in the soundstage than the sony. For low volume listening the FX700 are better and I'll dare to say acoustic instruments sound in general more natural on the JVC.
In fact, I just updated my personal preferences now and you made me think that maybe a straight comparison as shown doesn't describes the iems the best. Since, all high end iems have their strong points over the others. The difference in music genres exposes the best aspects of one over the other. I'm changing that again :)
In terms of quality in vocals I would say they are pretty equal. Mids are more forward on the EX1000 but transparency and detail is very comparable. The JVC are more energetic and agressive while the sonys are more laid back. I would consider the JVC more suited for pop music and the sony better for vocal tracks.
Holla. What a nicely written review. So, have anyone found another successor to the FX -700? One year I am gone and nothing new has come out yet?
I have sent my JH16 back for reshell so now I have to rely solely on the Fx700.
^successor? none exist yet for me.
its still my only best dynamic iem.
but similar to its signature, yes, there are many such as the sony ex1000 and bower and wilkin's latest iem. (not yet confirmed though, only based on readings).
there are many great BA iems, they are really good in vocals and soundstage but the fx700 still reigns in that good TIMBRE that i believe no BA iems can reproduce.
just my 2 cents.
I see you have the FXT90. The fit isn't very deep and is comparable to the FXT90 in insertion depth. I found the FXT90 more comfortable due to the weight of the FX700 but the FX700 barrel style is an easy fit. Perhaps the barrel style would allow you a bit deeper fit? Possibly.
Soundstage can be quite large, both deep and wide. The FXT90 has similar depth but the FX700 can definitely be a lot wider but it also can be intimate when called upon with certain recordings.
^ Agree with everything shotgunshane said. Indeed, owing to its shape, the FX700 can be pushed in a bit further in than the FXT90, while the FXT90 offers a deeper insertion when worn over the ear, and not straight cable. In any case, either one fits in quite securely.
This is true too (of both if I remember correctly) and you don't have to reverse channels to get either to fit over the ear.
I'm sure its the angled stems that are causing my fit issues more so than the depth of insertion itself. I can wear a cheap pair of panasonics with an even shorter stem with no problems, yet the FXT90s feel like they want to slip out of my left ear.
The FX700s seem like they have the same angled stems like the FXT90s, so I'm likely to have the same fit issues as well. It's a shame because I was really considering buying these.
I can see where achieving the right fit with the FXT90's may be rather cumbersome for some, but the FX700 is as easily worn as it is removed, and any friend/relative I've ever lent them to has yet to tell me otherwise.
I understand some people may not be a fan of the angled nozzles, but I actually think that it prevents the phones from falling out as easily. My girlfriend has some really small ears and has trouble finding the right tips and fit for most earphones, but she had no trouble with the FX700 or the FXT90. In both cases, they fit very well for me and I rarely find myself adjusting them while listening.
It's the angle of my ear canal that causes the problem. It travels in a direction towards the back of my head rather than towards the front. So as the FXT90s stem goes forward, it makes it near impossible for me to get a good fit in my left ear.
...Well, wearing them straight up and down at least. I've pretty much resolved the issue after simply wearing them in an over the ear fashion. I'd only tried wearing it over the ear by switching the L and R earphones earlier, but preferred not to do that because of the switch in sound location. I never thought to simply turn the phones upside down...
I'm considering returning/selling the FXT90s for the FX700s for the improved soundstage, which leads me to my next question. Are the strain relief thingies at the base of the housings (I don't know what they're really called) too long for the phones to be worn over the ear? Like, do they stick out?
Edited by xII DM IIx - 11/19/11 at 3:53pm
- JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 2 minutes ago
- › WASAPI / ASIO4ALL / KS in general causes lag 3 minutes ago
- › Help in planning my desktop setup 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › D100 PRO-Professional PCM/DSD streaming music transport system of... 9 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 14 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 14 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...