except that the 770 pads and 880/990 pads are different--depends whether the back of the pads are solid or vented. They list all of them together, and they would fit all of them, but you wouldn't want to use the wrong pads on the wrong cans.
- brandBlue Circletagged by System, 9/28/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productK.I.C.A.S. Calientetagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandMapletreetagged by System, 9/28/11
- productMapletree Ear HD+tagged by System, 9/28/11
- productPractical Devices XM4tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/28/11More
- brandResonessence Labstagged by System, 9/28/11
- productResonessence Labs Invictatagged by System, 9/28/11
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 9/28/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 9/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie questions on DAC/Amp with iPhone and iMac. Last post on 10/18/12 at 10:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 Last post on 1/1/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT. Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1815/23/11 at 12:16pmThread Starterpost #33 of 1815/23/11 at 1:09pm
All the Beyer velour pads are vented and have many holes all over the reverse side. Through the holes you can see the inner foam material.
The 880/990 pads have a dark porous foam you can see through the venting holes. While the 770 velour pads seem to have an additional layer of light grey material covering the dark foam.
The 770 leather pads are solid, and almost fully sealed except for one single hole on the reverse side that allows the foam to breathe (so they won't balloon up when pressed against your face).post #34 of 1816/7/11 at 1:57am
Looking for a retailer of the HE-6 or LCD-2 in Vancouver so I can take my Uncle there to audition them. Already going to head to Headphone Bar to check out the HD800's with him. Either that or somehow be able to hear them. Any thoughts? I could email the respective manufacturers I guess, thought this would be faster.post #35 of 1816/7/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
There is no Canadian dealer for either of them that I'm aware of. If anybody does, I'd love to hear about it.post #36 of 1816/13/11 at 3:38pmpost #37 of 1816/13/11 at 7:30pmThread Starter
I had Grant Fidelity already, but I added Psyko Acoustics (which is now as far as I know the only Canadian headphone manufacturer)post #38 of 1816/13/11 at 9:41pm
I just like to mention: http://www.canadacomputers.com/
More specifically: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=16_222
Not the greatest selection of hi-fi headphones, but they also sell cowon mp3 players. It seems they have stores in Ottawa too.post #39 of 1816/14/11 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #40 of 1816/14/11 at 9:41am
Ahhhhh the import duty fee, what a beauty..... ;)
But if you are ordering a US product from Canada you don't pay duty fees. (NAFTA)
This is one of reason I ended up buying lcd2 cause it's made in USA.
My next move will be Grados,post #41 of 1816/14/11 at 12:12pmThread Starter
Maybe not, but they can still nail you for brokerage fees depending on the carrier. How much was it to bring the LCD-2 up here after all taxes/custom fees?post #42 of 1816/15/11 at 3:51ampost #43 of 1816/15/11 at 9:28amThread Starter
I think it's new. It just takes a little while to build up steam. Headphonebar started off really small as well and it looks pretty good nowadays.post #44 of 1816/23/11 at 12:39pmpost #45 of 1816/23/11 at 1:07pm
I just discovered this online tool for calculating consumer import costs.
The GST tax rate figure seems out of date though.
I'm not certain, but I think I recall that there are no import duties for headphones. So NAFTA may not really help there. HST still applies to everything above $20, made in the US or not. Still no problem there. It's the brokerage fees that are a pain. UPS/Fedex has charged as much as 70% of my item's cost for brokerage before. But if they ship by USPS then it'll be fine as Canada Post charges something like $8 flat rate. You'll have to wait for the strike to end though.
- [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones 1 minute ago
- › need help choosing headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone, Dac, and Amp Recommendation for Rock, Metal, and Blues 2 minutes ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob