except that the 770 pads and 880/990 pads are different--depends whether the back of the pads are solid or vented. They list all of them together, and they would fit all of them, but you wouldn't want to use the wrong pads on the wrong cans.
- brandBlue Circletagged by System, 9/28/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productK.I.C.A.S. Calientetagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandMapletreetagged by System, 9/28/11
- productMapletree Ear HD+tagged by System, 9/28/11
- productPractical Devices XM4tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/28/11More
- brandResonessence Labstagged by System, 9/28/11
- productResonessence Labs Invictatagged by System, 9/28/11
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 9/28/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 9/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie questions on DAC/Amp with iPhone and iMac. Last post on 10/18/12 at 10:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 Last post on 1/1/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT. Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 2005/23/11 at 12:16pmThread Starterpost #33 of 2005/23/11 at 1:09pm
All the Beyer velour pads are vented and have many holes all over the reverse side. Through the holes you can see the inner foam material.
The 880/990 pads have a dark porous foam you can see through the venting holes. While the 770 velour pads seem to have an additional layer of light grey material covering the dark foam.
The 770 leather pads are solid, and almost fully sealed except for one single hole on the reverse side that allows the foam to breathe (so they won't balloon up when pressed against your face).post #34 of 2006/7/11 at 1:57am
Looking for a retailer of the HE-6 or LCD-2 in Vancouver so I can take my Uncle there to audition them. Already going to head to Headphone Bar to check out the HD800's with him. Either that or somehow be able to hear them. Any thoughts? I could email the respective manufacturers I guess, thought this would be faster.post #35 of 2006/7/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
There is no Canadian dealer for either of them that I'm aware of. If anybody does, I'd love to hear about it.post #36 of 2006/13/11 at 3:38pmpost #37 of 2006/13/11 at 7:30pmThread Starter
I had Grant Fidelity already, but I added Psyko Acoustics (which is now as far as I know the only Canadian headphone manufacturer)post #38 of 2006/13/11 at 9:41pm
I just like to mention: http://www.canadacomputers.com/
More specifically: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=16_222
Not the greatest selection of hi-fi headphones, but they also sell cowon mp3 players. It seems they have stores in Ottawa too.post #39 of 2006/14/11 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #40 of 2006/14/11 at 9:41am
Ahhhhh the import duty fee, what a beauty..... ;)
But if you are ordering a US product from Canada you don't pay duty fees. (NAFTA)
This is one of reason I ended up buying lcd2 cause it's made in USA.
My next move will be Grados,post #41 of 2006/14/11 at 12:12pmThread Starter
Maybe not, but they can still nail you for brokerage fees depending on the carrier. How much was it to bring the LCD-2 up here after all taxes/custom fees?post #42 of 2006/15/11 at 3:51ampost #43 of 2006/15/11 at 9:28amThread Starter
I think it's new. It just takes a little while to build up steam. Headphonebar started off really small as well and it looks pretty good nowadays.post #44 of 2006/23/11 at 12:39pmpost #45 of 2006/23/11 at 1:07pm
I just discovered this online tool for calculating consumer import costs.
The GST tax rate figure seems out of date though.
I'm not certain, but I think I recall that there are no import duties for headphones. So NAFTA may not really help there. HST still applies to everything above $20, made in the US or not. Still no problem there. It's the brokerage fees that are a pain. UPS/Fedex has charged as much as 70% of my item's cost for brokerage before. But if they ship by USPS then it'll be fine as Canada Post charges something like $8 flat rate. You'll have to wait for the strike to end though.
- [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › DT990 250Ohm / Pro 250Ohm, replace my current amp? 2 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)