except that the 770 pads and 880/990 pads are different--depends whether the back of the pads are solid or vented. They list all of them together, and they would fit all of them, but you wouldn't want to use the wrong pads on the wrong cans.
- brandBlue Circletagged by System, 9/28/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productK.I.C.A.S. Calientetagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandMapletreetagged by System, 9/28/11
- productMapletree Ear HD+tagged by System, 9/28/11
- productPractical Devices XM4tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/28/11More
- brandResonessence Labstagged by System, 9/28/11
- productResonessence Labs Invictatagged by System, 9/28/11
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 9/28/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 9/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie questions on DAC/Amp with iPhone and iMac. Last post on 10/18/12 at 10:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT. Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 2125/23/11 at 12:16pmThread Starterpost #33 of 2125/23/11 at 1:09pm
All the Beyer velour pads are vented and have many holes all over the reverse side. Through the holes you can see the inner foam material.
The 880/990 pads have a dark porous foam you can see through the venting holes. While the 770 velour pads seem to have an additional layer of light grey material covering the dark foam.
The 770 leather pads are solid, and almost fully sealed except for one single hole on the reverse side that allows the foam to breathe (so they won't balloon up when pressed against your face).post #34 of 2126/7/11 at 1:57am
Looking for a retailer of the HE-6 or LCD-2 in Vancouver so I can take my Uncle there to audition them. Already going to head to Headphone Bar to check out the HD800's with him. Either that or somehow be able to hear them. Any thoughts? I could email the respective manufacturers I guess, thought this would be faster.post #35 of 2126/7/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
There is no Canadian dealer for either of them that I'm aware of. If anybody does, I'd love to hear about it.post #36 of 2126/13/11 at 3:38pmpost #37 of 2126/13/11 at 7:30pmThread Starter
I had Grant Fidelity already, but I added Psyko Acoustics (which is now as far as I know the only Canadian headphone manufacturer)post #38 of 2126/13/11 at 9:41pm
I just like to mention: http://www.canadacomputers.com/
More specifically: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=16_222
Not the greatest selection of hi-fi headphones, but they also sell cowon mp3 players. It seems they have stores in Ottawa too.post #39 of 2126/14/11 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #40 of 2126/14/11 at 9:41am
Ahhhhh the import duty fee, what a beauty..... ;)
But if you are ordering a US product from Canada you don't pay duty fees. (NAFTA)
This is one of reason I ended up buying lcd2 cause it's made in USA.
My next move will be Grados,post #41 of 2126/14/11 at 12:12pmThread Starter
Maybe not, but they can still nail you for brokerage fees depending on the carrier. How much was it to bring the LCD-2 up here after all taxes/custom fees?post #42 of 2126/15/11 at 3:51ampost #43 of 2126/15/11 at 9:28amThread Starter
I think it's new. It just takes a little while to build up steam. Headphonebar started off really small as well and it looks pretty good nowadays.post #44 of 2126/23/11 at 12:39pmpost #45 of 2126/23/11 at 1:07pm
I just discovered this online tool for calculating consumer import costs.
The GST tax rate figure seems out of date though.
I'm not certain, but I think I recall that there are no import duties for headphones. So NAFTA may not really help there. HST still applies to everything above $20, made in the US or not. Still no problem there. It's the brokerage fees that are a pain. UPS/Fedex has charged as much as 70% of my item's cost for brokerage before. But if they ship by USPS then it'll be fine as Canada Post charges something like $8 flat rate. You'll have to wait for the strike to end though.
- [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 5 minutes ago
- › youngarthur 7 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › musical fidelity v90-hpa - SOUND Stops one PC not on the other...... 7 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3