Can't think of anything... if costs are around 50 euro, you're practically better off buying an entire used K240 and having spare parts.
- brandBlue Circletagged by System, 9/28/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productK.I.C.A.S. Calientetagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandMapletreetagged by System, 9/28/11
- productMapletree Ear HD+tagged by System, 9/28/11
- productPractical Devices XM4tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/28/11More
- brandResonessence Labstagged by System, 9/28/11
- productResonessence Labs Invictatagged by System, 9/28/11
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 9/28/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 9/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie questions on DAC/Amp with iPhone and iMac. Last post on 10/18/12 at 10:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 Last post on 1/1/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT. Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers - Page 12post #166 of 2104/21/13 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #167 of 2104/21/13 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Figured I'd mention this here too: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&item_id=044818
Asus Xonar Essence One for $479
Only available locally at Montreal/Richmond/Waterloo, but still a pretty good deal.post #168 of 2104/22/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
We do carry Yorkville actually! Their products haven't yet been added to our online catalog, but are available for phone orders.post #169 of 2104/23/13 at 12:33amThread Starter
Hmm, I've been considering upgrading my PA gear. Maybe some Yorkies or QSC... but considering shipping costs on those things I'm probably better off buying locally.post #170 of 2104/23/13 at 2:59pmNick - here you go! Just adds to our catalog: http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc
Armaegis: Give us a call and we'll take a look at the shipping cost!post #171 of 2104/23/13 at 5:47pm
would you happen to be able to get the inner foam discs for those AKG pads as well ( crosses fingers )?
Thanks for the fast reply! I am willing to bet velours would sell for you also.
Finding actual AKG pads has been maddening. The inner earside foam discs ( I think called FOAM NET PADs? ) even moreso. I always need quality inner foam discs for other things as well...
Edited by nick n - 4/23/13 at 5:51pmpost #172 of 2104/23/13 at 7:06pmThread StarterQuote:
Well I *want* new PA gear, but I'm not sure I can afford them. I don't suppose you guys carry any b-stock or used items?post #173 of 2104/23/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
Nick - here you go! Just adds to our catalog: http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc
Armaegis: Give us a call and we'll take a look at the shipping cost!
Any chance of getting a pair of ATH-WS55 pads in stock?
Jam Industries (Supposedly Audio Technica's rep here in Canada) want's $47 for a pair shipped to Nova Scotia...
Thanks!post #174 of 2104/26/13 at 12:45pmNick: Yes, we can! http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair
TrollDragon: we can get these as well, but unfortunately they are pricey. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/audio-technica-ath-ws55-replacement-ear-pads-pair. Note that next shipment is about 4 weeks away...post #175 of 2104/26/13 at 1:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
TrollDragon: we can get these as well, but unfortunately they are pricey. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/audio-technica-ath-ws55-replacement-ear-pads-pair. Note that next shipment is about 4 weeks away...
Thank you very much for looking into them, but I've contacted Audio Technica US about Jam Industries. The parts manager there has agreed to ship me a pair when they are back in stock by the end of May. My cost from them will be $6.49 for the pair of pads and whatever the postage will be. It really seems to me that somebody is getting hosed somewhere along the supply chain.
From another thread a user in England picked up a pair of these pads for 7 pounds shipped form the Audio Technica's EU people.
So Thanks again for looking into them but I'll pick them up from ATUS directly at the end of may.
Those Shure 940 pads on your site look good so I might just have to pick up a pair of those in the meanwhile.post #176 of 2104/26/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
Nick: Yes, we can! http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair
Wow most excellent. Thanks very much!
Off i go to the links then...post #177 of 2108/19/13 at 9:07pm
EDIT: Please ignore this post. I found this thread in the DIY area to answer my question.
Armaegis (and others), what are your go-to shop for DIY electronic components (capacitors, resistors, enclosures, etc.)? And which of them offers the best shipping rates to Canada? Pls and thx!
Edited by micmacmo - 8/19/13 at 10:12pmpost #178 of 2108/20/13 at 8:24amThread Starter
In the past I've ordered from partsconnexion (during their sales) and avshop.ca (mostly just connectors, free shipping over $200)
Hey I just noticed you have a hotaudio dac-wow. How do you feel it holds up against all the more modern budget dacs these days? The builder is a local Winnipeg guy, but he's a bit of an odd duck and despite invitations to several meets or even requests to audition his gear he's never shown his face.post #179 of 2108/21/13 at 6:44amQuote:
That's a tough question. I never did extensive A/B comparisons of my DAC-Wow with any other DAC. At the time, I was modding Fostex T50RP phones and just getting into DIY building, so a lot of things in my audio system were in flux. But I do recall that it had a slightly warmer voice. I swapped an ODAC into my system and remember having to re-tune my mod'ed T50RPs to produce slightly more bass as a result. But I don't recall any dramatic changes in FR response, space or detail with the transition. The ODAC, I know, isn't a mass-produced device, but it sits at about the same price point as the DAC-Wow.
I still have the DAC-Wow. It's part of my otherwise-modest 2.1 home A/V system.
One more caveat. To my jaded ears, I've only heard one DAC (a mass-produced device that's no longer on the market) that I thought sounded outright bad and I think the DACs in most older-vintage iPods sound pretty good. So judge my opinion accordingly. :)post #180 of 21011/28/13 at 7:36pm
Hey Canadian Head-fi'ers - AVShop.ca Black Friday Sale is on Now!
There are many headphone specials!
AIAIAI Capital - $49
Allen & Heath XD20 - $49.99
Allen & Heath XD40 - $74.99
Audio Technica ATH-M50 - $118.99
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Red - $149
Audio Technica ATH-M50 White - $159
Audio Technica ATH-WS55 - $89
Beats by Dre Pro - $349.99
Beats by Dre Tour - $149.99
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - $160
Direct Sound EX-25 - $75
Grado SR60i - $89.95
JAYS a-JAYS Two - $39.99
JAYS a-JAYS Four (White Only) - $59.99
Numark ElectroWave - $109
Sennheiser HD429 - $89
Sennheiser HD205II - $60
Sennheiser HD518 - $149
Sennheiser PX200II - $80
Shure SRH750DJ - $89
Shure SRH940 - $219
Stanton Pro 60 - $29
Westone UM1 - $99.99
Or check out all the deals! http://www.avshop.ca/specials
- [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Shipping confusion! 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of all the best Bluetooth Headphones (Fidelio,... 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 4 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 5 minutes ago
- › Closed Headphones *around* $400 5 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 6 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying Xiaomi Piston 2, Superlux HD681 Evo, or Pro Dj100s 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3