Can't think of anything... if costs are around 50 euro, you're practically better off buying an entire used K240 and having spare parts.
- brandBlue Circletagged by System, 9/28/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productK.I.C.A.S. Calientetagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandMapletreetagged by System, 9/28/11
- productMapletree Ear HD+tagged by System, 9/28/11
- productPractical Devices XM4tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/28/11More
- brandResonessence Labstagged by System, 9/28/11
- productResonessence Labs Invictatagged by System, 9/28/11
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 9/28/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 9/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie questions on DAC/Amp with iPhone and iMac. Last post on 10/18/12 at 10:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 Last post on 1/1/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT. Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers - Page 12post #166 of 2024/21/13 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #167 of 2024/21/13 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Figured I'd mention this here too: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&item_id=044818
Asus Xonar Essence One for $479
Only available locally at Montreal/Richmond/Waterloo, but still a pretty good deal.post #168 of 2024/22/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
We do carry Yorkville actually! Their products haven't yet been added to our online catalog, but are available for phone orders.post #169 of 2024/23/13 at 12:33amThread Starter
Hmm, I've been considering upgrading my PA gear. Maybe some Yorkies or QSC... but considering shipping costs on those things I'm probably better off buying locally.post #170 of 2024/23/13 at 2:59pmNick - here you go! Just adds to our catalog: http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc
Armaegis: Give us a call and we'll take a look at the shipping cost!post #171 of 2024/23/13 at 5:47pm
would you happen to be able to get the inner foam discs for those AKG pads as well ( crosses fingers )?
Thanks for the fast reply! I am willing to bet velours would sell for you also.
Finding actual AKG pads has been maddening. The inner earside foam discs ( I think called FOAM NET PADs? ) even moreso. I always need quality inner foam discs for other things as well...
Edited by nick n - 4/23/13 at 5:51pmpost #172 of 2024/23/13 at 7:06pmThread StarterQuote:
Well I *want* new PA gear, but I'm not sure I can afford them. I don't suppose you guys carry any b-stock or used items?post #173 of 2024/23/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
Nick - here you go! Just adds to our catalog: http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc
Armaegis: Give us a call and we'll take a look at the shipping cost!
Any chance of getting a pair of ATH-WS55 pads in stock?
Jam Industries (Supposedly Audio Technica's rep here in Canada) want's $47 for a pair shipped to Nova Scotia...
Thanks!post #174 of 2024/26/13 at 12:45pmNick: Yes, we can! http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair
TrollDragon: we can get these as well, but unfortunately they are pricey. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/audio-technica-ath-ws55-replacement-ear-pads-pair. Note that next shipment is about 4 weeks away...post #175 of 2024/26/13 at 1:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
TrollDragon: we can get these as well, but unfortunately they are pricey. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/audio-technica-ath-ws55-replacement-ear-pads-pair. Note that next shipment is about 4 weeks away...
Thank you very much for looking into them, but I've contacted Audio Technica US about Jam Industries. The parts manager there has agreed to ship me a pair when they are back in stock by the end of May. My cost from them will be $6.49 for the pair of pads and whatever the postage will be. It really seems to me that somebody is getting hosed somewhere along the supply chain.
From another thread a user in England picked up a pair of these pads for 7 pounds shipped form the Audio Technica's EU people.
So Thanks again for looking into them but I'll pick them up from ATUS directly at the end of may.
Those Shure 940 pads on your site look good so I might just have to pick up a pair of those in the meanwhile.post #176 of 2024/26/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
Nick: Yes, we can! http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair
Wow most excellent. Thanks very much!
Off i go to the links then...post #177 of 2028/19/13 at 9:07pm
EDIT: Please ignore this post. I found this thread in the DIY area to answer my question.
Armaegis (and others), what are your go-to shop for DIY electronic components (capacitors, resistors, enclosures, etc.)? And which of them offers the best shipping rates to Canada? Pls and thx!
Edited by micmacmo - 8/19/13 at 10:12pmpost #178 of 2028/20/13 at 8:24amThread Starter
In the past I've ordered from partsconnexion (during their sales) and avshop.ca (mostly just connectors, free shipping over $200)
Hey I just noticed you have a hotaudio dac-wow. How do you feel it holds up against all the more modern budget dacs these days? The builder is a local Winnipeg guy, but he's a bit of an odd duck and despite invitations to several meets or even requests to audition his gear he's never shown his face.post #179 of 2028/21/13 at 6:44amQuote:
That's a tough question. I never did extensive A/B comparisons of my DAC-Wow with any other DAC. At the time, I was modding Fostex T50RP phones and just getting into DIY building, so a lot of things in my audio system were in flux. But I do recall that it had a slightly warmer voice. I swapped an ODAC into my system and remember having to re-tune my mod'ed T50RPs to produce slightly more bass as a result. But I don't recall any dramatic changes in FR response, space or detail with the transition. The ODAC, I know, isn't a mass-produced device, but it sits at about the same price point as the DAC-Wow.
I still have the DAC-Wow. It's part of my otherwise-modest 2.1 home A/V system.
One more caveat. To my jaded ears, I've only heard one DAC (a mass-produced device that's no longer on the market) that I thought sounded outright bad and I think the DACs in most older-vintage iPods sound pretty good. So judge my opinion accordingly. :)post #180 of 20211/28/13 at 7:36pm
Hey Canadian Head-fi'ers - AVShop.ca Black Friday Sale is on Now!
There are many headphone specials!
AIAIAI Capital - $49
Allen & Heath XD20 - $49.99
Allen & Heath XD40 - $74.99
Audio Technica ATH-M50 - $118.99
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Red - $149
Audio Technica ATH-M50 White - $159
Audio Technica ATH-WS55 - $89
Beats by Dre Pro - $349.99
Beats by Dre Tour - $149.99
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - $160
Direct Sound EX-25 - $75
Grado SR60i - $89.95
JAYS a-JAYS Two - $39.99
JAYS a-JAYS Four (White Only) - $59.99
Numark ElectroWave - $109
Sennheiser HD429 - $89
Sennheiser HD205II - $60
Sennheiser HD518 - $149
Sennheiser PX200II - $80
Shure SRH750DJ - $89
Shure SRH940 - $219
Stanton Pro 60 - $29
Westone UM1 - $99.99
Or check out all the deals! http://www.avshop.ca/specials
- [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Meet Alpha Prime 3 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 22 seconds ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 42 seconds ago
- › Grado SR80e As New 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › USB audio interface 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Grado ramblings... 4 minutes ago
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The 100 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)