Can't think of anything... if costs are around 50 euro, you're practically better off buying an entire used K240 and having spare parts.
- brandBlue Circletagged by System, 9/28/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by System, 4/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/11/11
- productK.I.C.A.S. Calientetagged by System, 5/9/11
- brandMapletreetagged by System, 9/28/11
- productMapletree Ear HD+tagged by System, 9/28/11
- productPractical Devices XM4tagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM5 Portable Headamptagged by System, 5/9/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/28/11More
- brandResonessence Labstagged by System, 9/28/11
- productResonessence Labs Invictatagged by System, 9/28/11
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 9/28/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 9/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie questions on DAC/Amp with iPhone and iMac. Last post on 10/18/12 at 10:12am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 Last post on 4/10/15 at 8:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT. Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
[Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers - Page 12post #166 of 2274/21/13 at 10:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #167 of 2274/21/13 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Figured I'd mention this here too: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&item_id=044818
Asus Xonar Essence One for $479
Only available locally at Montreal/Richmond/Waterloo, but still a pretty good deal.post #168 of 2274/22/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
We do carry Yorkville actually! Their products haven't yet been added to our online catalog, but are available for phone orders.post #169 of 2274/23/13 at 12:33amThread Starter
Hmm, I've been considering upgrading my PA gear. Maybe some Yorkies or QSC... but considering shipping costs on those things I'm probably better off buying locally.post #170 of 2274/23/13 at 2:59pmNick - here you go! Just adds to our catalog: http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc
Armaegis: Give us a call and we'll take a look at the shipping cost!post #171 of 2274/23/13 at 5:47pm
would you happen to be able to get the inner foam discs for those AKG pads as well ( crosses fingers )?
Thanks for the fast reply! I am willing to bet velours would sell for you also.
Finding actual AKG pads has been maddening. The inner earside foam discs ( I think called FOAM NET PADs? ) even moreso. I always need quality inner foam discs for other things as well...
Edited by nick n - 4/23/13 at 5:51pmpost #172 of 2274/23/13 at 7:06pmThread StarterQuote:
Well I *want* new PA gear, but I'm not sure I can afford them. I don't suppose you guys carry any b-stock or used items?post #173 of 2274/23/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
Nick - here you go! Just adds to our catalog: http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-ear-pads-pair-k-2xx-series-240-241-260-etc
Armaegis: Give us a call and we'll take a look at the shipping cost!
Any chance of getting a pair of ATH-WS55 pads in stock?
Jam Industries (Supposedly Audio Technica's rep here in Canada) want's $47 for a pair shipped to Nova Scotia...
Thanks!post #174 of 2274/26/13 at 12:45pmNick: Yes, we can! http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair
TrollDragon: we can get these as well, but unfortunately they are pricey. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/audio-technica-ath-ws55-replacement-ear-pads-pair. Note that next shipment is about 4 weeks away...post #175 of 2274/26/13 at 1:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
TrollDragon: we can get these as well, but unfortunately they are pricey. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/audio-technica-ath-ws55-replacement-ear-pads-pair. Note that next shipment is about 4 weeks away...
Thank you very much for looking into them, but I've contacted Audio Technica US about Jam Industries. The parts manager there has agreed to ship me a pair when they are back in stock by the end of May. My cost from them will be $6.49 for the pair of pads and whatever the postage will be. It really seems to me that somebody is getting hosed somewhere along the supply chain.
From another thread a user in England picked up a pair of these pads for 7 pounds shipped form the Audio Technica's EU people.
So Thanks again for looking into them but I'll pick them up from ATUS directly at the end of may.
Those Shure 940 pads on your site look good so I might just have to pick up a pair of those in the meanwhile.post #176 of 2274/26/13 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by avshop.ca
Nick: Yes, we can! http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/headphone-accessories/akg-replacement-inner-cushion-k2xx-series-240-241-260-etc-pair
Wow most excellent. Thanks very much!
Off i go to the links then...post #177 of 2278/19/13 at 9:07pm
EDIT: Please ignore this post. I found this thread in the DIY area to answer my question.
Armaegis (and others), what are your go-to shop for DIY electronic components (capacitors, resistors, enclosures, etc.)? And which of them offers the best shipping rates to Canada? Pls and thx!
Edited by micmacmo - 8/19/13 at 10:12pmpost #178 of 2278/20/13 at 8:24amThread Starter
In the past I've ordered from partsconnexion (during their sales) and avshop.ca (mostly just connectors, free shipping over $200)
Hey I just noticed you have a hotaudio dac-wow. How do you feel it holds up against all the more modern budget dacs these days? The builder is a local Winnipeg guy, but he's a bit of an odd duck and despite invitations to several meets or even requests to audition his gear he's never shown his face.post #179 of 2278/21/13 at 6:44amQuote:
That's a tough question. I never did extensive A/B comparisons of my DAC-Wow with any other DAC. At the time, I was modding Fostex T50RP phones and just getting into DIY building, so a lot of things in my audio system were in flux. But I do recall that it had a slightly warmer voice. I swapped an ODAC into my system and remember having to re-tune my mod'ed T50RPs to produce slightly more bass as a result. But I don't recall any dramatic changes in FR response, space or detail with the transition. The ODAC, I know, isn't a mass-produced device, but it sits at about the same price point as the DAC-Wow.
I still have the DAC-Wow. It's part of my otherwise-modest 2.1 home A/V system.
One more caveat. To my jaded ears, I've only heard one DAC (a mass-produced device that's no longer on the market) that I thought sounded outright bad and I think the DACs in most older-vintage iPods sound pretty good. So judge my opinion accordingly. :)post #180 of 22711/28/13 at 7:36pm
Hey Canadian Head-fi'ers - AVShop.ca Black Friday Sale is on Now!
There are many headphone specials!
AIAIAI Capital - $49
Allen & Heath XD20 - $49.99
Allen & Heath XD40 - $74.99
Audio Technica ATH-M50 - $118.99
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Red - $149
Audio Technica ATH-M50 White - $159
Audio Technica ATH-WS55 - $89
Beats by Dre Pro - $349.99
Beats by Dre Tour - $149.99
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - $160
Direct Sound EX-25 - $75
Grado SR60i - $89.95
JAYS a-JAYS Two - $39.99
JAYS a-JAYS Four (White Only) - $59.99
Numark ElectroWave - $109
Sennheiser HD429 - $89
Sennheiser HD205II - $60
Sennheiser HD518 - $149
Sennheiser PX200II - $80
Shure SRH750DJ - $89
Shure SRH940 - $219
Stanton Pro 60 - $29
Westone UM1 - $99.99
Or check out all the deals! http://www.avshop.ca/specials
- [Listing] Canadian Companies/Retailers
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Massdrop Fostex x00 w/ Peter K Detachable Cable 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 8 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Need a Sansa Clip Zip alternative under $80 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 9 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse