The DT660 are probably the cheapest fairly neutral headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 3/18/14 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Decision... M50/HD598/SRH-940/HTF600/AE2 Desperately seeking help Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 for 230 dollars ,worth it? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Refurbished ATH M50 Last post on 10/18/11 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
M50s overrated? - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 9645/27/14 at 3:23pmQuote:We weren't talking about mixing, but now that you bring it up, hell no. The HD280 is slow, dark, distorted, and wobbly.
Over the M50 I'd prefer it anyday, Just too many wholes in the M50 frequency response for me to feel even close to comfortable with it.
However, I think the Omega 2's are a little better. That's the mixing rig I'm building.
No low budget mixing headphone will cut it in the long run no matter how you slice it. In this way you're right.post #963 of 9645/27/14 at 3:57pm
What are some of the pads that make the MDR-V6 better? I currently use them with the Beyer DT250/DT280 replacement velour pads, which I find pretty comfortable. Can't remember how much it actually changed the sound, but I never really had a big issue with the sound and the V6 has actually grown on me. I use them much more than the ATH-M50 when I had them, even considering that I have the Mad Dog and HD800 in my stable now.post #964 of 9645/29/14 at 12:02amQuote:Try Beyerdynamic EDT-231V pads. They're the same pads that are on the DT-235. They're not a perfect fit but they make them sound amazing.Originally Posted by EraserXIV
What are some of the pads that make the MDR-V6 better? I currently use them with the Beyer DT250/DT280 replacement velour pads, which I find pretty comfortable. Can't remember how much it actually changed the sound, but I never really had a big issue with the sound and the V6 has actually grown on me. I use them much more than the ATH-M50 when I had them, even considering that I have the Mad Dog and HD800 in my stable now.
- M50s overrated?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › Poll: To sleeve or not to sleeve? 53 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Atonal Music 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones to work with my Computer - Advice 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)