The DT660 are probably the cheapest fairly neutral headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50: Questions Before I Buy Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 - A small problem in left-right balance. Please help? Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Decision... M50/HD598/SRH-940/HTF600/AE2 Desperately seeking help Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath m50 for 230 dollars ,worth it? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Refurbished ATH M50 Last post on 10/18/11 at 11:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
M50s overrated? - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 9675/27/14 at 3:23pmQuote:We weren't talking about mixing, but now that you bring it up, hell no. The HD280 is slow, dark, distorted, and wobbly.
Over the M50 I'd prefer it anyday, Just too many wholes in the M50 frequency response for me to feel even close to comfortable with it.
However, I think the Omega 2's are a little better. That's the mixing rig I'm building.
No low budget mixing headphone will cut it in the long run no matter how you slice it. In this way you're right.post #963 of 9675/27/14 at 3:57pm
What are some of the pads that make the MDR-V6 better? I currently use them with the Beyer DT250/DT280 replacement velour pads, which I find pretty comfortable. Can't remember how much it actually changed the sound, but I never really had a big issue with the sound and the V6 has actually grown on me. I use them much more than the ATH-M50 when I had them, even considering that I have the Mad Dog and HD800 in my stable now.post #964 of 9675/29/14 at 12:02amQuote:Try Beyerdynamic EDT-231V pads. They're the same pads that are on the DT-235. They're not a perfect fit but they make them sound amazing.Originally Posted by EraserXIV
What are some of the pads that make the MDR-V6 better? I currently use them with the Beyer DT250/DT280 replacement velour pads, which I find pretty comfortable. Can't remember how much it actually changed the sound, but I never really had a big issue with the sound and the V6 has actually grown on me. I use them much more than the ATH-M50 when I had them, even considering that I have the Mad Dog and HD800 in my stable now.post #965 of 9674/15/15 at 4:34pm
I have to agree they are over rated. ill compare it to an rx700 give or take. but old phones like the jvc dx3 that can be had for 40 - 50 bucks online sound much better although it needs an amp. i used the m50 when I'm on the go and bought it used so it was already burned in and i was dissatisfied. i bought it based on all the rave online. i agree that they do sound good but i dont agree to the point that they are hard to beat for the price. but ...... but.. i would still say its a great buy because i have spent more on far worst hps and its a great first recommendation for anyone. but bare in mind you can get better for the price or less. headfi is your friendpost #966 of 9674/18/15 at 2:10pm
I wouldn't say they are overrated, but since I bought Creative Aurvana Live 2 I have to say that I enjoy them a lot more then M50's. M50's just does not sound right with Ibasso DX90, Fiio X5, bass is pretty flat and boring. In my experience M50 paired with any of my Cowon players were hard to beat, but move on to the Hi Res players and they just can't match players capability. CAL and CAL2 give me a lot more pleasure, as Momentums on ear but, these are way more expensive then CAL or M50 so it is not a fair comparison.
Edited by Soundtrap - 4/18/15 at 2:50pmpost #967 of 9674/18/15 at 4:48pm
Of course on this site I will be considered a newb but am far from that in regards to sound. I have had the Audio Technica EW9 and 10 and just bought the 50's and ordered the 50X. I just got the 50's and for the price they are outstanding in my opinion. Everyone hears different I guess. For the price they sound mighty fine to me. I am using a Schiit Modi 2 and Magni 2 and I think it adds alot to the presentation of this can. I realize that one may not really need to amp these but it sure made a difference to me in total satisfaction.
- M50s overrated?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 49 seconds ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with... 3 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Leben CS300XS Thread 10 minutes ago
- › AKG new N90Q 11 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 13 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 14 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)