Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoodawoop View Post


As it should be done. Like I said, go for the beyers man, you will not be disappointed and I'm pretty sure you can find a brand new pair on ebay for ~150usd, which is a steal.

 

Casper are your 770s actually green? or is the lighting, either way those are some dope pictures. Also that removable cable mod looks excellent.

Yes they are! I totally disassembled them and painted the cans green and then painted the letters black. Thank you! :)

post #77 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post


Not even close, get the DT770/80's. Only a handful of cans out there with equal positional accuracy and fun factor. They do need a good amp to shine though so keep that in mind when you pick up a pair. Great looks better comfort and fantastic sound. Can't go wrong

Hey, ya I know, my recent set is Sennheiser HD380+Xonar DG. Will it be a big improvement, comparing to HD380?

 

And I know my card isn't perfect but for now it must stay. I think it will drive DT770 in not bad way, won't it?

And last question, "for the future" - which card would you suggest me? I was thinking about Xonar D2 because as I remember it was kinda warm and it's good one for gaming. Max price is, I guess, Xonar D2's used one.

 

EDIT: I read that Xonar D2 doesn't have front panel audio connection which I need very much. Any good card with front panel audio, microphone input and "not that bad" for gaming?

 

Greets.


Edited by trubul - 3/20/13 at 8:18am
post #78 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by trubul View Post

Hey, ya I know, my recent set is Sennheiser HD380+Xonar DG. Will it be a big improvement, comparing to HD380?

 

And I know my card isn't perfect but for now it must stay. I think it will drive DT770 in not bad way, won't it?

And last question, "for the future" - which card would you suggest me? I was thinking about Xonar D2 because as I remember it was kinda warm and it's good one for gaming. Max price is, I guess, Xonar D2's used one.

 

EDIT: I read that Xonar D2 doesn't have front panel audio connection which I need very much. Any good card with front panel audio, microphone input and "not that bad" for gaming?

 

Greets.

I do not know from personal experience, but judging by the reviews I've read of the 380s they look like pretty good phones. If you do decide to buy the beyers, it will be an upgrade as far as the low frequencies go, they really can't be beat, but unless you get a quality dac/amp the overall improvement will not be that good, especially for 150+ usd. In order to get the most out of the 770s you will need to buy an amp at the least, but would be better off with a dac as well. I have heard that people experienced better sound when they upgraded their sound card, xonar essence is probably the most popular one, but unless you are going to buy a good dac/amp combo I would not upgrade to the beyers. I own the schiit m&m stack, and it was a kind of I was blind and now i see moment, it really does make a difference. If you are on a budget, the beyers+schiit stack is a great way to get into entry level head fi, as far as pricing goes, also audio-gd nfb12 is a popular item for sale on the forums and i've seen it go for around 130usd. If you've got cash to burn theres all sorts of fancy tube amps and dacs you can get but after a certain point you're gonna want to upgrade your cans (it never ends). As I see it, you have two options, stay with the 380s, which are decent and will get the job done for now, save up some funds and buy yourself the 770s and dac/amp combo. Or, go ahead and buy the beyers now, and get a xonar essence i think its called, which should get the job done. In my opinion, it would best suit you to go with a dac/amp. This way, if anything happens to your computer, at least your music gear won't be compromised, and priced at 200usd, the schiit stack is only $30-40 more than a sound card (don't get a used one), and will do a much better job at improving the overall quality of sound and driving the beyers. Make sure you are using good source though, none of that 720p youtube stuff. 

post #79 of 330

Hey, thanks for interesting post!

 

So you say there is completely no sense with buying DT770 for Asus DG? I couldn't find any good sound card for my price(max maximum 90$ used) with front panel, micro input and games-able so I think I have to stay with my Asus DG.

And sorry but that combinations with Asus Essense or DAC+AMP are for me absolutely too expensive. Also, I kinda prefer internal card cause I don't know where I can find place for external DAC/AMP.

 

I know that might sounds stupid that I can buy headphones for similar price like Xonar Essence or that DACs or AMPs but, you know, I thought about DT770 for my birthday so I won't buy it by myself. And it's easier here to buy used headphones than Essence/DAC/AMP (which I couldn't find almost any...).

And of course, as I wrote above, very good sound card or AMP cost doubly, referring to DT770.

 

Greets and please answer for my first question :)


Edited by trubul - 3/21/13 at 11:47am
post #80 of 330

bump.

post #81 of 330

Hi!

 

Could the cmoy be a good option? normal_smile%20.gif

post #82 of 330

Hey, well I'm no good in DIY and I don't see lots proposals of selling them... :(

So if possible, I would stay with internal card (just asking whether Asus DG (it has kinda amp to 150 Ohms but I guess it might be little sh*tty) could drive it in normal way, without any extra problems.

 

Greets.

post #83 of 330

I got my DT770 Pro 80s a few days ago and am loving the sound unamped from my Macbook Air. Volume is also not an issue -- in fact, anything higher than 20% becomes too loud. Based on what I've read here, the Air's DAC is also pretty solid.

 

The consensus here is that the DT770 Pro 80s really need an amp to reach their potential. However, I've read several posts from people who could not tell a difference regarding amped vs unamped other than increased volume (e.g. on an E17). Has the change in sound signature an amp provides for these been exaggerated? Have any of you gone from unamped on a Macbook Air/Pro to amped and noticed a real difference? If so, what amps in the $150 range make a significant improvement to the sound signature?


Edited by acti0n - 3/27/13 at 2:38pm
post #84 of 330

I am interested if anyone had the occasion to prove them with the Matrix M-stage that seems affordable...

thanks :-) 

post #85 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by acti0n View Post

I got my DT770 Pro 80s a few days ago and am loving the sound unamped from my Macbook Air. Volume is also not an issue -- in fact, anything higher than 20% becomes too loud. Based on what I've read here, the Air's DAC is also pretty solid.

 

The consensus here is that the DT770 Pro 80s really need an amp to reach their potential. However, I've read several posts from people who could not tell a difference regarding amped vs unamped other than increased volume (e.g. on an E17). Has the change in sound signature an amp provides for these been exaggerated? Have any of you gone from unamped on a Macbook Air/Pro to amped and noticed a real difference? If so, what amps in the $150 range make a significant improvement to the sound signature?

I first bought the 770s without the intention of using an amp, running them straight out of my macbook sounded very satisfactory. However, when the Schiit magni/modi were announced, I felt obligated to purchase the stack. I was very close at one point to buying the odac/02 combo, but I didn't like the configuration of the ports. My first impression with the schiit stack was meh, I didn't notice the difference at first, but as soon as I eq'd in foobar and adjusted the volume pot on the magni, the best way I can describe was there was there seemed to be more of everything. The sub bass really comes out, without being muddy or bleeding into the other frequencies, while the mids and highs become slightly more detailed. You don't have to sepcifically buy the Schiit stack, however I think for its price range it is unbeatable especially if you are trying to head-fi on a budget like me, but any amp will unlock the true potential of the dt 770. A dac/amp take the beyers to a whole nother level, I would say if you have the funds, it would be silly not to invest in both, you will not be dissapointed, and it will hold you over until you catch upgrade fever. 

post #86 of 330

Okey, so I firstly I will buy DT770 just for my Asus DG (anyway, it has amp, shi*tty but still amp :) )

When I get more money, I will buy DAC/AMP in the future.

 

Now I don't have money because I also need to buy 2nd pair of headphones for notebook/phone for movies/phone music, so I guess I will buy Sennheiser HD439 and it also cost something (sorry for little offtopic).

 

Greets.

post #87 of 330

Do you guys have this noise, usually when putting them on your head?

It's kinda horrible noise imo, not sure if it's normal or not?

http://youtu.be/BZrCn9jJma4?t=6s

EDIT:

It's pretty much this what is causing the noise, right? rolleyes.gif
 


Edited by paralogiX - 5/26/13 at 1:53pm
post #88 of 330

Yes, mine do that.

post #89 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

Yes, mine do that.

Should I be concerned? confused.gif

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
post #90 of 330

I dont have such problem, anyway I dont see why you find necessary to bend the headphones that way.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread