Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo: A Game Changer - Head-Fi TV, Episode 003
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo: A Game Changer - Head-Fi TV, Episode 003 - Page 5

post #61 of 122

This episode was the best. Sound was good quality was good and your review was good. The only thing is that you seem to only be reviewing is high cost items Jude. Maybe next video something entrance level like some 840s or TMA-1s?

post #62 of 122

I really love these kinds of videos and this episode was break through with some very interesting technology and an eye opener, in addition, it was very well presented.

 

Slightly off topic, what wrist watch is Jude wearing?

post #63 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spareribs View Post

I really love these kinds of videos and this episode was break through with some very interesting technology and an eye opener, in addition, it was very well presented.

 

Slightly off topic, what wrist watch is Jude wearing?


I second that question Jude, what make of watch are You wearing, I can not focus in properly to make it out!
 

 

post #64 of 122

Very informative video. Keep up the good work.

post #65 of 122
Is the HD25-1 really that good of a headphone to deserve that kind of amping?
post #66 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Is the HD25-1 really that good of a headphone to deserve that kind of amping?


HD 25-1 is an excellent headphone. Whether it deserves that kind of amping, I can't say, but they do sound different out of a PA2V2 (warmer) than straight out of an iPod/laptop. 

post #67 of 122

The HD25-1 ii deserved to be customed.

 

http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/

post #68 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung8 View Post

The HD25-1 ii deserved to be customed.

 

http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/



Those are so nice! I think I'm gonna get one of these very soon tongue_smile.gif

post #69 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung8 View Post

The HD25-1 ii deserved to be customed.

 

http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/



Thanks for sharing.  He'd make a great Head-Fi-er...

post #70 of 122

When is the next episode coming out?! 

post #71 of 122
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomListens View Post

When is the next episode coming out?! 

 

It was decided that the show's host is an impossibly difficult prima donna and no-talent hack, so the next episode is pending a search for someone with at least an ounce of charisma.

 

Okay, I'm kidding.  This no-talent prima donna will be uploading another episode in two or three days--replete with a certified quarter-ounce of charisma.

 

tongue.gif
 

 

post #72 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

 

 

It was decided that the show's host is an impossibly difficult prima donna and no-talent hack, so the next episode is pending a search for someone with at least an ounce of charisma.

 

Okay, I'm kidding.  This no-talent prima donna will be uploading another episode in two or three days--replete with a certified quarter-ounce of charisma.

 

tongue.gif
 

 



Can't wait! And make a pound of charisma instead.

post #73 of 122

Alright, so I got the Solo + Mk2 + JH16's, plus ALO's deluxe connector cables. LOVING the sound coming out of this thing and will post more detailed impressions soon. 

 

One thing I didn't get was an upgraded cable for the 16's ... which everyone seems to recommend. I was kinda waiting for the Eclipse from Craig, but that could be 3-4 weeks away and not sure I want to wait that long.

 

My question is -- how much of a difference will the new cable make? What kind of difference in the context of this setup? 

 

Thanks!

 

Anthony

post #74 of 122

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyflo View Post
My question is -- how much of a difference will the new cable make? What kind of difference in the context of this setup? 


There really is no consensus on this question, and it seems like just speaking about cable improvements is a punishable offense sometimes.  I have various aftermarket cables, and I love the look, durability, and sound of them, but many others (often people who have never owned an aftermarket cable) dismiss the possibility that they can improve sound, or claim that the value of any improvement is insignificant compared to the price.

 

My advice: If you like the sound you're getting with the stock cable, stick with it for a while.  If you can afford an aftermarket cable, try a reasonably-priced one from Whiplash, ALO or Moon Audio and see if you notice any differences.  If you don't feel that any improvements were worth the money, then you can usually sell the cable on the For Sale forum without losing too much.  At the very least, the cost should be worth it just to see for yourself what different cables can and can't do.

post #75 of 122

It looks like a uboat. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo: A Game Changer - Head-Fi TV, Episode 003