In my strenous pursuit for the ultimate amp for HD800, I searched Head-fi extensively for information. There seems to be a general consensus that tube amps are more suited to HD800, and there are quite a lot recommentations. Recently I bought a Weiss DAC202 and found its built-in amp very pleasant. My interest with the solid state amp is greatly trigered because of that. If a built-in amp can drive HD800 so well, perhas a high end solid state amp should do magic without much trouble. Could anyone recommend some really good ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions Last post on 8/23/16 at 11:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier Last post on 8/18/16 at 12:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 324/8/11 at 12:21pmpost #3 of 324/8/11 at 12:22pmpost #4 of 324/8/11 at 1:04pmpost #5 of 324/8/11 at 2:06pmpost #6 of 324/8/11 at 4:03pmpost #7 of 324/8/11 at 5:54pmpost #8 of 324/8/11 at 6:06pmpost #9 of 324/8/11 at 6:25pmpost #10 of 324/8/11 at 9:18pmQuote:X2
Though why aren't you considering tubes? The HD-800 is wonderful with them.
If price is a consideration, that makes sense. But if you've heard any of the myths about reliability, etc., we can disabuse you of those.post #11 of 324/8/11 at 9:53pmQuote:
hd800 was voiced with the BCL, the lovely cube is a direct clone of it for 1/5 of the price. Can't go wrong with it if you're on a budget.post #12 of 324/9/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks, but what's BCL?Quote:post #13 of 324/9/11 at 9:03amQuote:
This is why I have such low post count. Everyone says what I'm about to say before I say it.post #14 of 324/9/11 at 10:00am
- Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 2535 Active Users (548 Members and 1987 Guests)
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 12 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 12 minutes ago
- › Just got some HD600's / Musing about amp/dac's 13 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...