In my strenous pursuit for the ultimate amp for HD800, I searched Head-fi extensively for information. There seems to be a general consensus that tube amps are more suited to HD800, and there are quite a lot recommentations. Recently I bought a Weiss DAC202 and found its built-in amp very pleasant. My interest with the solid state amp is greatly trigered because of that. If a built-in amp can drive HD800 so well, perhas a high end solid state amp should do magic without much trouble. Could anyone recommend some really good ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions Last post on 9/16/16 at 8:15am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier Last post on 8/18/16 at 12:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 324/8/11 at 12:21pmpost #3 of 324/8/11 at 12:22pmpost #4 of 324/8/11 at 1:04pmpost #5 of 324/8/11 at 2:06pmpost #6 of 324/8/11 at 4:03pmpost #7 of 324/8/11 at 5:54pmpost #8 of 324/8/11 at 6:06pmpost #9 of 324/8/11 at 6:25pmpost #10 of 324/8/11 at 9:18pmQuote:X2
Though why aren't you considering tubes? The HD-800 is wonderful with them.
If price is a consideration, that makes sense. But if you've heard any of the myths about reliability, etc., we can disabuse you of those.post #11 of 324/8/11 at 9:53pmQuote:
hd800 was voiced with the BCL, the lovely cube is a direct clone of it for 1/5 of the price. Can't go wrong with it if you're on a budget.post #12 of 324/9/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks, but what's BCL?Quote:post #13 of 324/9/11 at 9:03amQuote:
This is why I have such low post count. Everyone says what I'm about to say before I say it.post #14 of 324/9/11 at 10:00am
- Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 3220 Active Users (533 Members and 2687 Guests)
- › Bose QC35 vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 (wireless!) 1 minute ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone pads - brainwavz and hifiman 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 7 minutes ago
- › High End DAC Recommendations 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 8 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for everyday carry IEM, for symphonic metal and... 12 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 13 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...