In my strenous pursuit for the ultimate amp for HD800, I searched Head-fi extensively for information. There seems to be a general consensus that tube amps are more suited to HD800, and there are quite a lot recommentations. Recently I bought a Weiss DAC202 and found its built-in amp very pleasant. My interest with the solid state amp is greatly trigered because of that. If a built-in amp can drive HD800 so well, perhas a high end solid state amp should do magic without much trouble. Could anyone recommend some really good ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions Last post on Yesterday at 11:57 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier Last post on 9/19/14 at 7:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 324/8/11 at 12:21pmpost #3 of 324/8/11 at 12:22pmpost #4 of 324/8/11 at 1:04pmpost #5 of 324/8/11 at 2:06pmpost #6 of 324/8/11 at 4:03pmpost #7 of 324/8/11 at 5:54pmpost #8 of 324/8/11 at 6:06pmpost #9 of 324/8/11 at 6:25pmpost #10 of 324/8/11 at 9:18pmQuote:X2
Though why aren't you considering tubes? The HD-800 is wonderful with them.
If price is a consideration, that makes sense. But if you've heard any of the myths about reliability, etc., we can disabuse you of those.post #11 of 324/8/11 at 9:53pmQuote:
hd800 was voiced with the BCL, the lovely cube is a direct clone of it for 1/5 of the price. Can't go wrong with it if you're on a budget.post #12 of 324/9/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks, but what's BCL?Quote:post #13 of 324/9/11 at 9:03amQuote:
This is why I have such low post count. Everyone says what I'm about to say before I say it.post #14 of 324/9/11 at 10:00am
- Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 3429 Active Users (581 Members and 2848 Guests)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 11 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 29 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 59 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for portables <$400 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)