In my strenous pursuit for the ultimate amp for HD800, I searched Head-fi extensively for information. There seems to be a general consensus that tube amps are more suited to HD800, and there are quite a lot recommentations. Recently I bought a Weiss DAC202 and found its built-in amp very pleasant. My interest with the solid state amp is greatly trigered because of that. If a built-in amp can drive HD800 so well, perhas a high end solid state amp should do magic without much trouble. Could anyone recommend some really good ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Red Wine Audio Isabelline with Sennheiser Hd 800 Last post on 5/31/12 at 6:03pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions Last post on 1/13/17 at 6:00pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier Last post on 12/17/16 at 1:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 324/8/11 at 12:21pmpost #3 of 324/8/11 at 12:22pmpost #4 of 324/8/11 at 1:04pmpost #5 of 324/8/11 at 2:06pmpost #6 of 324/8/11 at 4:03pmpost #7 of 324/8/11 at 5:54pmpost #8 of 324/8/11 at 6:06pmpost #9 of 324/8/11 at 6:25pmpost #10 of 324/8/11 at 9:18pmQuote:X2
Though why aren't you considering tubes? The HD-800 is wonderful with them.
If price is a consideration, that makes sense. But if you've heard any of the myths about reliability, etc., we can disabuse you of those.post #11 of 324/8/11 at 9:53pmQuote:
hd800 was voiced with the BCL, the lovely cube is a direct clone of it for 1/5 of the price. Can't go wrong with it if you're on a budget.post #12 of 324/9/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks, but what's BCL?Quote:post #13 of 324/9/11 at 9:03amQuote:
This is why I have such low post count. Everyone says what I'm about to say before I say it.post #14 of 324/9/11 at 10:00am
- Best Solid State amp for HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Currently, there are 3122 Active Users (718 Members and 2404 Guests)
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 3 seconds ago
- › Seattle Super Can Meet, Sunday 2/5/17 22 seconds ago
- › Looking for crispy metallic (not metal genre) / metal pounding... 22 seconds ago
- › WTB JVC FX 1100 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 5 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear