Hello, I'm looking for some new IEM.. what would you guys buy with up to $400? Personally I appreciate a nice soundstage, good bass, and durableness. I am using an iPod Touch out to an Fiio E7. Thanks.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/8/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 4/8/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Have you heard any good earphones before? That might give someone a basis of what you define as 'good' bass. There are a lot of fine options, Give the chart in this post a read:http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion
Consider things like, isolation, wearing style, availability from where you are etc.
If you want compelete portable setup then buy Nuforce Icon Mobile and Sennehiser IE8(both has good synergy)with your iPod Touch. Sennheiser IE8 has huge soundstage, deep punchy bass, good mids and good highs. Other options for great punchy bass, wide soundstage and overall clear presentation are like FX700, Sony EX1000, TF10Pro and SM3(they will work fine with E7).
Edited by ZARIM - 4/6/11 at 2:17pm
Currently for IEMs I have UE T-10s and HD650 cans as well. Think I would rather pass them on and get something new rather then replace the cables on the UE which is my biggest gripe about them. Nice chart.. think I'm interested in the IE8 and SM3. The both have great soundstage per the chart. Any reasons to get one over the other?
Is there anything you want to change about the Triple.Fi 10's sound signature?
The IE8s have much more bass than the Triple.Fi 10s. They have less sound isolation than your Triple.Fi 10s due to the bass port. Their treble is not as extended as the Triple.Fi 10s. You'll find them quite warm.
The SM3s have more mids than the Triple.Fi 10s. The SM3's ergonomics aren't perfect--the length between the drivers and Y split is about 5 cm too short and the driver housings are a bit large.
ljokerl has a great thread comparing these and many other IEMs in great detail.
Edited by IpodHappy - 4/6/11 at 8:57pm
- Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › usb to rca or coaxial 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 wood types 8 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 9 minutes ago
- › The EarWerkz Penta (EP-5) Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 - Australia 10 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3