Hello, I'm looking for some new IEM.. what would you guys buy with up to $400? Personally I appreciate a nice soundstage, good bass, and durableness. I am using an iPod Touch out to an Fiio E7. Thanks.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/8/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 4/8/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?post #1 of 74/6/11 at 12:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 74/6/11 at 1:40pm
Have you heard any good earphones before? That might give someone a basis of what you define as 'good' bass. There are a lot of fine options, Give the chart in this post a read:http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion
Consider things like, isolation, wearing style, availability from where you are etc.post #3 of 74/6/11 at 2:16pm
If you want compelete portable setup then buy Nuforce Icon Mobile and Sennehiser IE8(both has good synergy)with your iPod Touch. Sennheiser IE8 has huge soundstage, deep punchy bass, good mids and good highs. Other options for great punchy bass, wide soundstage and overall clear presentation are like FX700, Sony EX1000, TF10Pro and SM3(they will work fine with E7).
Edited by ZARIM - 4/6/11 at 2:17pmpost #4 of 74/6/11 at 2:57pmThread Starter
Currently for IEMs I have UE T-10s and HD650 cans as well. Think I would rather pass them on and get something new rather then replace the cables on the UE which is my biggest gripe about them. Nice chart.. think I'm interested in the IE8 and SM3. The both have great soundstage per the chart. Any reasons to get one over the other?post #5 of 74/6/11 at 8:55pm
Is there anything you want to change about the Triple.Fi 10's sound signature?
The IE8s have much more bass than the Triple.Fi 10s. They have less sound isolation than your Triple.Fi 10s due to the bass port. Their treble is not as extended as the Triple.Fi 10s. You'll find them quite warm.
The SM3s have more mids than the Triple.Fi 10s. The SM3's ergonomics aren't perfect--the length between the drivers and Y split is about 5 cm too short and the driver housings are a bit large.
ljokerl has a great thread comparing these and many other IEMs in great detail.
Edited by IpodHappy - 4/6/11 at 8:57pmpost #6 of 74/7/11 at 1:02amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fujiya Avic Winter Potaken in Tokyo 18th February 2017 1 minute ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Objective 2. Doubt on gain setting 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › Does anyone know whether or not the E18 works with the Galaxy S7? 5 minutes ago
- › Does Large Soundstage in Headphones Makes Music Sound Less Musical... 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear