Hello, I'm looking for some new IEM.. what would you guys buy with up to $400? Personally I appreciate a nice soundstage, good bass, and durableness. I am using an iPod Touch out to an Fiio E7. Thanks.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/8/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 4/8/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Have you heard any good earphones before? That might give someone a basis of what you define as 'good' bass. There are a lot of fine options, Give the chart in this post a read:http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion
Consider things like, isolation, wearing style, availability from where you are etc.
If you want compelete portable setup then buy Nuforce Icon Mobile and Sennehiser IE8(both has good synergy)with your iPod Touch. Sennheiser IE8 has huge soundstage, deep punchy bass, good mids and good highs. Other options for great punchy bass, wide soundstage and overall clear presentation are like FX700, Sony EX1000, TF10Pro and SM3(they will work fine with E7).
Edited by ZARIM - 4/6/11 at 2:17pm
Currently for IEMs I have UE T-10s and HD650 cans as well. Think I would rather pass them on and get something new rather then replace the cables on the UE which is my biggest gripe about them. Nice chart.. think I'm interested in the IE8 and SM3. The both have great soundstage per the chart. Any reasons to get one over the other?
Is there anything you want to change about the Triple.Fi 10's sound signature?
The IE8s have much more bass than the Triple.Fi 10s. They have less sound isolation than your Triple.Fi 10s due to the bass port. Their treble is not as extended as the Triple.Fi 10s. You'll find them quite warm.
The SM3s have more mids than the Triple.Fi 10s. The SM3's ergonomics aren't perfect--the length between the drivers and Y split is about 5 cm too short and the driver housings are a bit large.
ljokerl has a great thread comparing these and many other IEMs in great detail.
Edited by IpodHappy - 4/6/11 at 8:57pm
- Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Noble Audio 3 IEM's 6 seconds ago
- › Driver distance from mesh? 58 seconds ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for neutral sounding headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 (US) 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)