Hello, I'm looking for some new IEM.. what would you guys buy with up to $400? Personally I appreciate a nice soundstage, good bass, and durableness. I am using an iPod Touch out to an Fiio E7. Thanks.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/8/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 4/8/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So I lost my UE TF10s... I need a new toy now =p Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Have you heard any good earphones before? That might give someone a basis of what you define as 'good' bass. There are a lot of fine options, Give the chart in this post a read:http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion
Consider things like, isolation, wearing style, availability from where you are etc.
If you want compelete portable setup then buy Nuforce Icon Mobile and Sennehiser IE8(both has good synergy)with your iPod Touch. Sennheiser IE8 has huge soundstage, deep punchy bass, good mids and good highs. Other options for great punchy bass, wide soundstage and overall clear presentation are like FX700, Sony EX1000, TF10Pro and SM3(they will work fine with E7).
Edited by ZARIM - 4/6/11 at 2:17pm
Currently for IEMs I have UE T-10s and HD650 cans as well. Think I would rather pass them on and get something new rather then replace the cables on the UE which is my biggest gripe about them. Nice chart.. think I'm interested in the IE8 and SM3. The both have great soundstage per the chart. Any reasons to get one over the other?
Is there anything you want to change about the Triple.Fi 10's sound signature?
The IE8s have much more bass than the Triple.Fi 10s. They have less sound isolation than your Triple.Fi 10s due to the bass port. Their treble is not as extended as the Triple.Fi 10s. You'll find them quite warm.
The SM3s have more mids than the Triple.Fi 10s. The SM3's ergonomics aren't perfect--the length between the drivers and Y split is about 5 cm too short and the driver housings are a bit large.
ljokerl has a great thread comparing these and many other IEMs in great detail.
Edited by IpodHappy - 4/6/11 at 8:57pm
- Recommendations for <$400 IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › K240, DAC/AMP, TV output... 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Yaqin VK-2100 Hybid Tube Integrated Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)