Just wondering what Woo Audio amp would be in the same category as the Little Dot MK IV ($350). The WooAudio 3 ($500) or the WooAudio 6 ($600)?
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productHeadAmp Gilmore Litetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IVtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IV SEtagged by System, 4/6/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Ready For Some Hot Tube Action! Last post on 4/25/11 at 1:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage best for $250? Last post on 8/17/11 at 9:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Little Dot MK IV or WooAudiopost #1 of 44/6/11 at 8:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/6/11 at 9:41amThread Starterpost #3 of 44/6/11 at 10:34am
This will probably be a strange reply compared to the other ones you're bound to get, but:
many years ago I had a LD MK IV SE paired with a Grado RS-2, and I thought it was awesome. I had nothing to fault with the combo, or the amp itself. Eventually, with enough extra funds (and from reading on the forums here), I sold the LD MK IV SE, and got a Woo Audio 6.
Long story short, I was very depressed with the decision. No matter how I tried to focus, or swapped out tubes, I couldn't find anything superior to the WA6 over the LD MK IV SE.
So I sold the WA6, bought a Gilmore Lite instead, and used the leftover funds in the future to buy an incredible 2.0 speaker setup.
What I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth pursuing the LD MK IV, even if it's not the SE version.post #4 of 44/9/11 at 5:48pm
I have really enjoyed my MKIV SE and use it as both a headphone amp and pre. I'm using it with my Beyer 880's and was really pleased with it. I have since started going in the balaned direction and am planning on selling it but not because of the sound but more because I need something I can adjust left/right volumes due to a hearing loss. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the money
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 second ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Upper limit on impedance of headphones with the Sansa Clip+? 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 2 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › searching for Tube-based DAC on a budget... 7 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions & Appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2