Just wondering what Woo Audio amp would be in the same category as the Little Dot MK IV ($350). The WooAudio 3 ($500) or the WooAudio 6 ($600)?
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productHeadAmp Gilmore Litetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IVtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IV SEtagged by System, 4/6/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Ready For Some Hot Tube Action! Last post on 4/25/11 at 1:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage best for $250? Last post on 8/17/11 at 9:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Little Dot MK IV or WooAudiopost #1 of 44/6/11 at 8:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/6/11 at 9:41amThread Starterpost #3 of 44/6/11 at 10:34am
This will probably be a strange reply compared to the other ones you're bound to get, but:
many years ago I had a LD MK IV SE paired with a Grado RS-2, and I thought it was awesome. I had nothing to fault with the combo, or the amp itself. Eventually, with enough extra funds (and from reading on the forums here), I sold the LD MK IV SE, and got a Woo Audio 6.
Long story short, I was very depressed with the decision. No matter how I tried to focus, or swapped out tubes, I couldn't find anything superior to the WA6 over the LD MK IV SE.
So I sold the WA6, bought a Gilmore Lite instead, and used the leftover funds in the future to buy an incredible 2.0 speaker setup.
What I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth pursuing the LD MK IV, even if it's not the SE version.post #4 of 44/9/11 at 5:48pm
I have really enjoyed my MKIV SE and use it as both a headphone amp and pre. I'm using it with my Beyer 880's and was really pleased with it. I have since started going in the balaned direction and am planning on selling it but not because of the sound but more because I need something I can adjust left/right volumes due to a hearing loss. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the money
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Is iTunes Home Sharing bit perfect and transcode all formats to ALAC? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser ie800 3 minutes ago
- › Help! Looking for a good multimedia player and amp for Shure SE846 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Over-ear alternative to grado sr80e? 6 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)