Just wondering what Woo Audio amp would be in the same category as the Little Dot MK IV ($350). The WooAudio 3 ($500) or the WooAudio 6 ($600)?
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productHeadAmp Gilmore Litetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IVtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IV SEtagged by System, 4/6/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Ready For Some Hot Tube Action! Last post on 4/25/11 at 1:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage best for $250? Last post on 8/17/11 at 9:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Little Dot MK IV or WooAudiopost #1 of 44/6/11 at 8:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/6/11 at 9:41amThread Starterpost #3 of 44/6/11 at 10:34am
This will probably be a strange reply compared to the other ones you're bound to get, but:
many years ago I had a LD MK IV SE paired with a Grado RS-2, and I thought it was awesome. I had nothing to fault with the combo, or the amp itself. Eventually, with enough extra funds (and from reading on the forums here), I sold the LD MK IV SE, and got a Woo Audio 6.
Long story short, I was very depressed with the decision. No matter how I tried to focus, or swapped out tubes, I couldn't find anything superior to the WA6 over the LD MK IV SE.
So I sold the WA6, bought a Gilmore Lite instead, and used the leftover funds in the future to buy an incredible 2.0 speaker setup.
What I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth pursuing the LD MK IV, even if it's not the SE version.post #4 of 44/9/11 at 5:48pm
I have really enjoyed my MKIV SE and use it as both a headphone amp and pre. I'm using it with my Beyer 880's and was really pleased with it. I have since started going in the balaned direction and am planning on selling it but not because of the sound but more because I need something I can adjust left/right volumes due to a hearing loss. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the money
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 17 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 21 seconds ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi+ Vali stack 50 seconds ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 51 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 55 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)