Just wondering what Woo Audio amp would be in the same category as the Little Dot MK IV ($350). The WooAudio 3 ($500) or the WooAudio 6 ($600)?
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productHeadAmp Gilmore Litetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IVtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IV SEtagged by System, 4/6/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Ready For Some Hot Tube Action! Last post on 4/25/11 at 1:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage best for $250? Last post on 8/17/11 at 9:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
Little Dot MK IV or WooAudiopost #1 of 44/6/11 at 8:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/6/11 at 9:41amThread Starterpost #3 of 44/6/11 at 10:34am
This will probably be a strange reply compared to the other ones you're bound to get, but:
many years ago I had a LD MK IV SE paired with a Grado RS-2, and I thought it was awesome. I had nothing to fault with the combo, or the amp itself. Eventually, with enough extra funds (and from reading on the forums here), I sold the LD MK IV SE, and got a Woo Audio 6.
Long story short, I was very depressed with the decision. No matter how I tried to focus, or swapped out tubes, I couldn't find anything superior to the WA6 over the LD MK IV SE.
So I sold the WA6, bought a Gilmore Lite instead, and used the leftover funds in the future to buy an incredible 2.0 speaker setup.
What I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth pursuing the LD MK IV, even if it's not the SE version.post #4 of 44/9/11 at 5:48pm
I have really enjoyed my MKIV SE and use it as both a headphone amp and pre. I'm using it with my Beyer 880's and was really pleased with it. I have since started going in the balaned direction and am planning on selling it but not because of the sound but more because I need something I can adjust left/right volumes due to a hearing loss. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the money
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 18 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › IC: Audeze LCD-2 Bamboo W/ Fazor (4 months old) + travel case 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Just recieved my JVC HA-SZ2000 and I'm dissappointed 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › FS: PSB Synchrony 1 One Like New - Cherry Finish 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)