Just wondering what Woo Audio amp would be in the same category as the Little Dot MK IV ($350). The WooAudio 3 ($500) or the WooAudio 6 ($600)?
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productHeadAmp Gilmore Litetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IVtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productLittle Dot MK IV SEtagged by System, 4/6/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA6 has a low frequency hum on the left side, no matter what tubes are in it. Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Ready For Some Hot Tube Action! Last post on 4/25/11 at 1:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- woo 6- what OHM headphone Last post on 12/23/10 at 3:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix M-Stage best for $250? Last post on 8/17/11 at 9:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Little Dot MK IV or WooAudiopost #1 of 44/6/11 at 8:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 44/6/11 at 9:41amThread Starterpost #3 of 44/6/11 at 10:34am
This will probably be a strange reply compared to the other ones you're bound to get, but:
many years ago I had a LD MK IV SE paired with a Grado RS-2, and I thought it was awesome. I had nothing to fault with the combo, or the amp itself. Eventually, with enough extra funds (and from reading on the forums here), I sold the LD MK IV SE, and got a Woo Audio 6.
Long story short, I was very depressed with the decision. No matter how I tried to focus, or swapped out tubes, I couldn't find anything superior to the WA6 over the LD MK IV SE.
So I sold the WA6, bought a Gilmore Lite instead, and used the leftover funds in the future to buy an incredible 2.0 speaker setup.
What I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth pursuing the LD MK IV, even if it's not the SE version.post #4 of 44/9/11 at 5:48pm
I have really enjoyed my MKIV SE and use it as both a headphone amp and pre. I'm using it with my Beyer 880's and was really pleased with it. I have since started going in the balaned direction and am planning on selling it but not because of the sound but more because I need something I can adjust left/right volumes due to a hearing loss. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the money
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)