Im not sure if theres a iem out there that sounds like the sennheiser hd800 but could anyone suggest one that comes close? currently i have a ie8 and is great for portability but want to get better clarity.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 10/21/14 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Young Man's Journey into Headfi and Impressions (Warning: Very Long Post) Last post on 11/24/11 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/6/11 at 6:58ampost #3 of 64/6/11 at 7:05ampost #4 of 64/6/11 at 8:06am
Yes maybe the SM3 i havent heard them myself but you can read ljoker iem reviews and then decide wich iem sound sig you want from the list? Hope this makes any sense:)post #5 of 64/6/11 at 8:33am
Senn HD800 analytical? It still has the typical Sennheiser signature that is quite warm and a slightly distant. Less so than their other headphones though.
SM3 is a reasonable recommendation. I've also managed to snatch a listen of top-end Ortofons e-Q7. They're more precise and have better highs than SM3 to my ears, plus keep more distance to which you're accustomed in IE8.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 8:55amThread Starter
thanks guys! havent heard of the es5 till today ill check reviews on that. I read reviews awhile back on the sm3 and thought thats what im looking for. Im not sure i like the senn signature or not but i would be totally happy if the bass was a bit more controlled with more clarity and not as muddy.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › tips for new headphones (principally for rock music) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)