Im not sure if theres a iem out there that sounds like the sennheiser hd800 but could anyone suggest one that comes close? currently i have a ie8 and is great for portability but want to get better clarity.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 11/21/13 at 10:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Young Man's Journey into Headfi and Impressions (Warning: Very Long Post) Last post on 11/24/11 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/6/11 at 6:58ampost #3 of 64/6/11 at 7:05ampost #4 of 64/6/11 at 8:06am
Yes maybe the SM3 i havent heard them myself but you can read ljoker iem reviews and then decide wich iem sound sig you want from the list? Hope this makes any sense:)post #5 of 64/6/11 at 8:33am
Senn HD800 analytical? It still has the typical Sennheiser signature that is quite warm and a slightly distant. Less so than their other headphones though.
SM3 is a reasonable recommendation. I've also managed to snatch a listen of top-end Ortofons e-Q7. They're more precise and have better highs than SM3 to my ears, plus keep more distance to which you're accustomed in IE8.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 8:55amThread Starter
thanks guys! havent heard of the es5 till today ill check reviews on that. I read reviews awhile back on the sm3 and thought thats what im looking for. Im not sure i like the senn signature or not but i would be totally happy if the bass was a bit more controlled with more clarity and not as muddy.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 2 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 27 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 39 seconds ago
- › Spending $1,500 on 5+ Headphones to Compare for YOU guys. Which... 1 minute ago
- › FS (no trades please): LCD-2 Rosewood Rev 2.2 (PRICE DROP) 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Brighter DAC than EMU 0404 USB? 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Have yourself a Grace gdi-1500 3 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude