Im not sure if theres a iem out there that sounds like the sennheiser hd800 but could anyone suggest one that comes close? currently i have a ie8 and is great for portability but want to get better clarity.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Young Man's Journey into Headfi and Impressions (Warning: Very Long Post) Last post on 11/24/11 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/6/11 at 6:58ampost #3 of 64/6/11 at 7:05ampost #4 of 64/6/11 at 8:06am
Yes maybe the SM3 i havent heard them myself but you can read ljoker iem reviews and then decide wich iem sound sig you want from the list? Hope this makes any sense:)post #5 of 64/6/11 at 8:33am
Senn HD800 analytical? It still has the typical Sennheiser signature that is quite warm and a slightly distant. Less so than their other headphones though.
SM3 is a reasonable recommendation. I've also managed to snatch a listen of top-end Ortofons e-Q7. They're more precise and have better highs than SM3 to my ears, plus keep more distance to which you're accustomed in IE8.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 8:55amThread Starter
thanks guys! havent heard of the es5 till today ill check reviews on that. I read reviews awhile back on the sm3 and thought thats what im looking for. Im not sure i like the senn signature or not but i would be totally happy if the bass was a bit more controlled with more clarity and not as muddy.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sennheiser Orpheus Successor: The Sennheiser HE1060/HEV1060 First... 51 seconds ago
- › What happened ot the Ruizi thread? 1 minute ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › Win exclusive invites to a private listening session with... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › Does what you plug into affect sound and can anything be done to... 5 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 5 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...