Im not sure if theres a iem out there that sounds like the sennheiser hd800 but could anyone suggest one that comes close? currently i have a ie8 and is great for portability but want to get better clarity.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Young Man's Journey into Headfi and Impressions (Warning: Very Long Post) Last post on 11/24/11 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/6/11 at 6:58ampost #3 of 64/6/11 at 7:05ampost #4 of 64/6/11 at 8:06am
Yes maybe the SM3 i havent heard them myself but you can read ljoker iem reviews and then decide wich iem sound sig you want from the list? Hope this makes any sense:)post #5 of 64/6/11 at 8:33am
Senn HD800 analytical? It still has the typical Sennheiser signature that is quite warm and a slightly distant. Less so than their other headphones though.
SM3 is a reasonable recommendation. I've also managed to snatch a listen of top-end Ortofons e-Q7. They're more precise and have better highs than SM3 to my ears, plus keep more distance to which you're accustomed in IE8.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 8:55amThread Starter
thanks guys! havent heard of the es5 till today ill check reviews on that. I read reviews awhile back on the sm3 and thought thats what im looking for. Im not sure i like the senn signature or not but i would be totally happy if the bass was a bit more controlled with more clarity and not as muddy.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Home-Made IEMs 22 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 3 minutes ago
- › B&W P7 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...