Im not sure if theres a iem out there that sounds like the sennheiser hd800 but could anyone suggest one that comes close? currently i have a ie8 and is great for portability but want to get better clarity.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/6/11
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/24/14 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-end IEM's Vs. High-end over ear headphones Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Young Man's Journey into Headfi and Impressions (Warning: Very Long Post) Last post on 11/24/11 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/6/11 at 6:58ampost #3 of 64/6/11 at 7:05ampost #4 of 64/6/11 at 8:06am
Yes maybe the SM3 i havent heard them myself but you can read ljoker iem reviews and then decide wich iem sound sig you want from the list? Hope this makes any sense:)post #5 of 64/6/11 at 8:33am
Senn HD800 analytical? It still has the typical Sennheiser signature that is quite warm and a slightly distant. Less so than their other headphones though.
SM3 is a reasonable recommendation. I've also managed to snatch a listen of top-end Ortofons e-Q7. They're more precise and have better highs than SM3 to my ears, plus keep more distance to which you're accustomed in IE8.post #6 of 64/6/11 at 8:55amThread Starter
thanks guys! havent heard of the es5 till today ill check reviews on that. I read reviews awhile back on the sm3 and thought thats what im looking for. Im not sure i like the senn signature or not but i would be totally happy if the bass was a bit more controlled with more clarity and not as muddy.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd800 in iem form?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Lets Talk Metal 41 seconds ago
- › Ramen-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Yulong D8,A8 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 (excellent condition, includes Beyer Custom One... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)