- 36 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Brooklyn,NY
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
jvc ha-fx700 bass compared to atrio m5post #1 of 104/6/11 at 4:00amThread StarterGood morning Head-fi family. I'm currently in the market for a new pair of iem's to replace my reliable ATRIO'S, and so far I'm tossed up between the fx700's and the Earsonics sm3's. According to the specs, it seems as if the sm3's with a sensitivity of 122db is the loudest of the three,but with the reviews of the fx-700 which speaks on its excellent bass, it has left me in a spot of unsuredness for my next purchase of a decent iem. Please members if you can help me, which above mentioned iem's have more bass and detail over the Atrio m5. Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 104/6/11 at 4:23am
If you are after bass comparable to the Atrios then avoid the SM3. If you need isolation, avoid the FX700. If you liked the Atrios why not get the newer revision with the MG7 driver?
I prefer the FX700s to the Atrios overall, but for me the isolation is not enough to use out and about which is a shame.
Edited by shamrock134 - 4/6/11 at 4:28ampost #3 of 104/6/11 at 5:57amThread Starterpost #4 of 104/6/11 at 6:04am
I don't think the tips make much difference because it is an open-backed IEM basically. However, I have not tried foamies as I prefer silicons.
People have different tolerances for isolation, but I tried them at the gym and I could still hear the gym music in the background and I play my music quite loud. I also tried them cycling to work and they pick up a lot of wind noise.post #5 of 104/6/11 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #6 of 104/6/11 at 6:16am
Yes, as someone said in the FX700 thread, their greatest strength is also their greatness weakness since the sound they produce comes from them being open.
I wonder if they can be re-shelled into a wooden custom with a discrete vent.post #7 of 104/6/11 at 4:57pmThread Starterpost #8 of 104/7/11 at 4:31am
What sort of budget do you have? I can only comment on the IEMs I own and whether or not you consider them a worthwhile upgrade to the Atrio depends on your personal preferences.
You've said you want comparable bass to the Atrio, but how do you like your treble and mids? What music do you listen to mostly?
The only thing I can say for sure is if you were happy with the original Atrio, the newer revision would be an upgrade that is worthwhile.post #9 of 104/9/11 at 3:41amThread Starter
Hello Sham, and thanks for your assistance with any questions that I have asked, but I have just purchased the Ultrasone HFI-780's, because it is becoming rather apparent that IEM's will not give me the type of performance that I'm looking for. Thanks alot for your help bro!!!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- jvc ha-fx700 bass compared to atrio m5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 36 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 40 seconds ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 41 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › [WTS] Norne Therium 2 pin 3.5mm 4 wire 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear