- 36 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Brooklyn,NY
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
jvc ha-fx700 bass compared to atrio m5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you are after bass comparable to the Atrios then avoid the SM3. If you need isolation, avoid the FX700. If you liked the Atrios why not get the newer revision with the MG7 driver?
I prefer the FX700s to the Atrios overall, but for me the isolation is not enough to use out and about which is a shame.
Edited by shamrock134 - 4/6/11 at 4:28am
I don't think the tips make much difference because it is an open-backed IEM basically. However, I have not tried foamies as I prefer silicons.
People have different tolerances for isolation, but I tried them at the gym and I could still hear the gym music in the background and I play my music quite loud. I also tried them cycling to work and they pick up a lot of wind noise.
Yes, as someone said in the FX700 thread, their greatest strength is also their greatness weakness since the sound they produce comes from them being open.
I wonder if they can be re-shelled into a wooden custom with a discrete vent.
What sort of budget do you have? I can only comment on the IEMs I own and whether or not you consider them a worthwhile upgrade to the Atrio depends on your personal preferences.
You've said you want comparable bass to the Atrio, but how do you like your treble and mids? What music do you listen to mostly?
The only thing I can say for sure is if you were happy with the original Atrio, the newer revision would be an upgrade that is worthwhile.
Hello Sham, and thanks for your assistance with any questions that I have asked, but I have just purchased the Ultrasone HFI-780's, because it is becoming rather apparent that IEM's will not give me the type of performance that I'm looking for. Thanks alot for your help bro!!!!
- jvc ha-fx700 bass compared to atrio m5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 39 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 42 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage AKG K141 Monitor... WOW 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio technica pro500mk2 falling apart in first week, help with DYI... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Flagship DAP! 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2