- 36 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Brooklyn,NY
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 4/6/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 4/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/6/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 4/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
jvc ha-fx700 bass compared to atrio m5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you are after bass comparable to the Atrios then avoid the SM3. If you need isolation, avoid the FX700. If you liked the Atrios why not get the newer revision with the MG7 driver?
I prefer the FX700s to the Atrios overall, but for me the isolation is not enough to use out and about which is a shame.
Edited by shamrock134 - 4/6/11 at 4:28am
I don't think the tips make much difference because it is an open-backed IEM basically. However, I have not tried foamies as I prefer silicons.
People have different tolerances for isolation, but I tried them at the gym and I could still hear the gym music in the background and I play my music quite loud. I also tried them cycling to work and they pick up a lot of wind noise.
Yes, as someone said in the FX700 thread, their greatest strength is also their greatness weakness since the sound they produce comes from them being open.
I wonder if they can be re-shelled into a wooden custom with a discrete vent.
What sort of budget do you have? I can only comment on the IEMs I own and whether or not you consider them a worthwhile upgrade to the Atrio depends on your personal preferences.
You've said you want comparable bass to the Atrio, but how do you like your treble and mids? What music do you listen to mostly?
The only thing I can say for sure is if you were happy with the original Atrio, the newer revision would be an upgrade that is worthwhile.
Hello Sham, and thanks for your assistance with any questions that I have asked, but I have just purchased the Ultrasone HFI-780's, because it is becoming rather apparent that IEM's will not give me the type of performance that I'm looking for. Thanks alot for your help bro!!!!
- jvc ha-fx700 bass compared to atrio m5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado RS1i and Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla and Grado PS1000 and Grado GS1000 9 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 14 seconds ago
- › New Denon DA-300USB DSD DAC with headphone amplifier 19 seconds ago
- › Can anyone shed some light on Grado's refurbishing procedure? 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 50 seconds ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › $500 desktop setup? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3