What are the best custom and universal IEM, if the price doesn't matter?
Related Forum Threads
- Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 Review: 8 drivers of fun Last post on 2/26/13 at 6:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions: JH13 / UE Ref / JH 16 / UE 18 [JH 3 A] (Question revised, letting go of other thread) Last post on 2/22/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] UE Ref. vs. JH 13 Pro (JH3A?) vs. JH16 Pro vs. UE18Pro Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it? Last post on 9/4/10 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
there is no such thing as BEST!! it all depends on your hearing preferences. one may sound BEST with klipsch, some would sound BEST with UE's.
^ yes thats true, but there certainly are some generalizations to be made as well...
that aside.. ask again in a month or two after the JH audio JH3A has released. it is in line for best ever but we wont know until it comes out.
JH audio, and UE make what are considered some of the best Customs right now.. I'm sure more people will have much more to add ;-)
Sure, why not? ....but if you ever bought a pair of $1 earphone that can beat most $1000 earphone's SQ, do tell us how to get one.
There is a difference between best and better. Once you get to the top there is more of a difference in preference than a best. Plus, sound is subjective, so one person's best is another's average.
My experience with universal versions of customs has varied widely and not always corresponded with the reported sound of a custom. My absolute worst experience with a universal custom was with the JH13 (before the 16 came out) which sounded worse than my IE8. I know the JH13 doesn't sound worse than the IE8, and there are so many negative reviews of the JH universal demos, I would have to say something is going on there. There have been people saying the UD didn't sound nearly as good as the real thing that bought afterwards. Due to my personal experience and all that I have read to support my poor JH universal experience, I don't put much faith in evaluation by UD of the JH customs.
- ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 51 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow 3G WORLDWIDE SHIPPING INCLUDED! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)