What are the best custom and universal IEM, if the price doesn't matter?
Related Forum Threads
- Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 Review: 8 drivers of fun Last post on 2/26/13 at 6:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions: JH13 / UE Ref / JH 16 / UE 18 [JH 3 A] (Question revised, letting go of other thread) Last post on 2/22/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] UE Ref. vs. JH 13 Pro (JH3A?) vs. JH16 Pro vs. UE18Pro Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it? Last post on 9/4/10 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
there is no such thing as BEST!! it all depends on your hearing preferences. one may sound BEST with klipsch, some would sound BEST with UE's.
^ yes thats true, but there certainly are some generalizations to be made as well...
that aside.. ask again in a month or two after the JH audio JH3A has released. it is in line for best ever but we wont know until it comes out.
JH audio, and UE make what are considered some of the best Customs right now.. I'm sure more people will have much more to add ;-)
Sure, why not? ....but if you ever bought a pair of $1 earphone that can beat most $1000 earphone's SQ, do tell us how to get one.
There is a difference between best and better. Once you get to the top there is more of a difference in preference than a best. Plus, sound is subjective, so one person's best is another's average.
My experience with universal versions of customs has varied widely and not always corresponded with the reported sound of a custom. My absolute worst experience with a universal custom was with the JH13 (before the 16 came out) which sounded worse than my IE8. I know the JH13 doesn't sound worse than the IE8, and there are so many negative reviews of the JH universal demos, I would have to say something is going on there. There have been people saying the UD didn't sound nearly as good as the real thing that bought afterwards. Due to my personal experience and all that I have read to support my poor JH universal experience, I don't put much faith in evaluation by UD of the JH customs.
- ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 22 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 29 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 38 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › LM4562 / LME49720 / LME49860 - Do they sound different to you? 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 342 IEMs compared (EarSonics Velvet added... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2