What are the best custom and universal IEM, if the price doesn't matter?
Related Forum Threads
- Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 Review: 8 drivers of fun Last post on 2/26/13 at 6:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions: JH13 / UE Ref / JH 16 / UE 18 [JH 3 A] (Question revised, letting go of other thread) Last post on 2/22/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] UE Ref. vs. JH 13 Pro (JH3A?) vs. JH16 Pro vs. UE18Pro Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it? Last post on 9/4/10 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
there is no such thing as BEST!! it all depends on your hearing preferences. one may sound BEST with klipsch, some would sound BEST with UE's.
^ yes thats true, but there certainly are some generalizations to be made as well...
that aside.. ask again in a month or two after the JH audio JH3A has released. it is in line for best ever but we wont know until it comes out.
JH audio, and UE make what are considered some of the best Customs right now.. I'm sure more people will have much more to add ;-)
Sure, why not? ....but if you ever bought a pair of $1 earphone that can beat most $1000 earphone's SQ, do tell us how to get one.
There is a difference between best and better. Once you get to the top there is more of a difference in preference than a best. Plus, sound is subjective, so one person's best is another's average.
My experience with universal versions of customs has varied widely and not always corresponded with the reported sound of a custom. My absolute worst experience with a universal custom was with the JH13 (before the 16 came out) which sounded worse than my IE8. I know the JH13 doesn't sound worse than the IE8, and there are so many negative reviews of the JH universal demos, I would have to say something is going on there. There have been people saying the UD didn't sound nearly as good as the real thing that bought afterwards. Due to my personal experience and all that I have read to support my poor JH universal experience, I don't put much faith in evaluation by UD of the JH customs.
- ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hearing Impaired Needing Headphone - amp advice 59 seconds ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux 681evo similar sound to Beyers? Help needed on upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Phiaton ps200 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)