What are the best custom and universal IEM, if the price doesn't matter?
Related Forum Threads
- Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 Review: 8 drivers of fun Last post on 2/26/13 at 6:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions: JH13 / UE Ref / JH 16 / UE 18 [JH 3 A] (Question revised, letting go of other thread) Last post on 2/22/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] UE Ref. vs. JH 13 Pro (JH3A?) vs. JH16 Pro vs. UE18Pro Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it? Last post on 9/4/10 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 84/5/11 at 10:05pmQuote:
there is no such thing as BEST!! it all depends on your hearing preferences. one may sound BEST with klipsch, some would sound BEST with UE's.post #3 of 84/5/11 at 10:28pm
^ yes thats true, but there certainly are some generalizations to be made as well...
that aside.. ask again in a month or two after the JH audio JH3A has released. it is in line for best ever but we wont know until it comes out.
JH audio, and UE make what are considered some of the best Customs right now.. I'm sure more people will have much more to add ;-)post #4 of 84/5/11 at 11:03pmpost #5 of 84/6/11 at 12:06ampost #6 of 84/6/11 at 3:43amThread Starterpost #7 of 84/6/11 at 5:11am
Sure, why not? ....but if you ever bought a pair of $1 earphone that can beat most $1000 earphone's SQ, do tell us how to get one.post #8 of 84/6/11 at 7:49am
There is a difference between best and better. Once you get to the top there is more of a difference in preference than a best. Plus, sound is subjective, so one person's best is another's average.Quote:
My experience with universal versions of customs has varied widely and not always corresponded with the reported sound of a custom. My absolute worst experience with a universal custom was with the JH13 (before the 16 came out) which sounded worse than my IE8. I know the JH13 doesn't sound worse than the IE8, and there are so many negative reviews of the JH universal demos, I would have to say something is going on there. There have been people saying the UD didn't sound nearly as good as the real thing that bought afterwards. Due to my personal experience and all that I have read to support my poor JH universal experience, I don't put much faith in evaluation by UD of the JH customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear MonitorsNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 21 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Help the Newbie pick some Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Mint Beyerdynamic T90 (AU only + Free Shipping!) 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude