What are the best custom and universal IEM, if the price doesn't matter?
Related Forum Threads
- Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 Review: 8 drivers of fun Last post on 2/26/13 at 6:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions: JH13 / UE Ref / JH 16 / UE 18 [JH 3 A] (Question revised, letting go of other thread) Last post on 2/22/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] UE Ref. vs. JH 13 Pro (JH3A?) vs. JH16 Pro vs. UE18Pro Last post on 1/19/11 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it? Last post on 9/4/10 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 84/5/11 at 10:05pmQuote:
there is no such thing as BEST!! it all depends on your hearing preferences. one may sound BEST with klipsch, some would sound BEST with UE's.post #3 of 84/5/11 at 10:28pm
^ yes thats true, but there certainly are some generalizations to be made as well...
that aside.. ask again in a month or two after the JH audio JH3A has released. it is in line for best ever but we wont know until it comes out.
JH audio, and UE make what are considered some of the best Customs right now.. I'm sure more people will have much more to add ;-)post #4 of 84/5/11 at 11:03pmpost #5 of 84/6/11 at 12:06ampost #6 of 84/6/11 at 3:43amThread Starterpost #7 of 84/6/11 at 5:11am
Sure, why not? ....but if you ever bought a pair of $1 earphone that can beat most $1000 earphone's SQ, do tell us how to get one.post #8 of 84/6/11 at 7:49am
There is a difference between best and better. Once you get to the top there is more of a difference in preference than a best. Plus, sound is subjective, so one person's best is another's average.Quote:
My experience with universal versions of customs has varied widely and not always corresponded with the reported sound of a custom. My absolute worst experience with a universal custom was with the JH13 (before the 16 came out) which sounded worse than my IE8. I know the JH13 doesn't sound worse than the IE8, and there are so many negative reviews of the JH universal demos, I would have to say something is going on there. There have been people saying the UD didn't sound nearly as good as the real thing that bought afterwards. Due to my personal experience and all that I have read to support my poor JH universal experience, I don't put much faith in evaluation by UD of the JH customs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ABSOLUTE BEST Custom and Universal Fit IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 16 seconds ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 51 seconds ago
- › Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 4 minutes ago
- › M50s overrated? 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a closed back tracking/recording headphone 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe